FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dear Chad Johnston

<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:30 pm

Re: Dear Chad Johnston

Outlaw, those are some encouraging words. I think they'll get there and then go on to tear it up.
No worries Smoke fans.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:06 pm

Dear Chad,

Certainly not a good day but was through no fault of your own. Such a bad way to end what was looking to be OUR day.

I was totally impressed with your ability to stick with it to the end. Still on your strategy to improve your position. Thank you.

Next week is New Hampshire....that's my favorite track. Make sure you have a lobster roll, I'm buying.
I'll be in Wyoming and probably won't be able to watch but know my heart will be in Loudon with you.

Doc
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:39 pm

Dear Chad,

Bet on Friday you were tasting lobster. Starting close to the front was great and New Hampshire is a track where our guy can get it done.

I was only able to listen to PRN today to keep up with the race and I admit I paced a lot. The only time I was able to hear the 14 team communications was when he was in 20th and was asking for a pretty big swing. Looks like you were able to make a good adjustment and the car again became drivable. Thanks for that.

Two words I just can no longer stand when used to describe the car are ill handling. You can do this. I've always been a believer that Smoke Will Rise. It's not just a hashtag.

Have a great weekend off. Get some honey do's done and let's get back to winning.
<<

TishR

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:56 pm

Well said Doc. Glad that is all you heard because everything they seem to try before that was not working. Missed you this week and hopefully you be back on for the Brickyard.

By the way note to Chad: Brickyard should be enough said.
Tish
<<

Outlaw7841

Post Mon Jul 14, 2014 6:54 pm

TishR wrote:Well said Doc. Glad that is all you heard because everything they seem to try before that was not working. Missed you this week and hopefully you be back on for the Brickyard.

By the way note to Chad: Brickyard should be enough said.

I agree about the Brickyard part. I think back to the Indy test and they all said Tony was by far the fastest there before he blew the tire. So we have hope in two weeks!
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:14 pm

Dear Sir,

How disappointing after you had a car that qualified well. If I could tell you anything from being an arm chair crew chief it is this.....you need to learn how to make adjustments on the car during the race.

Victory Lane is the place to be my friend. You need to get there. Let's tame the tricky triangle next week.

Doc

PS...just an FYI....you calling lap times is somewhat annoying to me. It is non-productive especially when you are mired back in 17th place.
<<

TishR

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:20 pm

Chad,

After the performance of today I truly do not see how in creation you can set up a car to qualify so well and race so horribly or is the qualifying Tony muscling the "h" out of the car. Man you need to get your act together and now.

PS. Doc as far as I know Tony wants his crew chiefs to call lap times because they all have done it including Zippy.
Tish
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:54 pm

Dear Chad,
were you sleeping today? was the sun too much for you? 11th place is not acceptable at a track.......... oh wait wrong Chad :o :P :P :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:13 pm

Tish, you are provably correct about the lap time thing. I know Addington did it as well. I just don't remember Darian doing it so much. Oh, the good ol days....

MJ, trade ya?
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:17 pm

nah, thats ok doc.......... the 48 always implodes before the chase, nothing new here, i figured you wouldnt mind if i let out a lil frustration here..
<<

jdpirate

Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:54 am

TishR wrote:Chad,

After the performance of today I truly do not see how in creation you can set up a car to qualify so well and race so horribly or is the qualifying Tony muscling the "h" out of the car. Man you need to get your act together and now.

PS. Doc as far as I know Tony wants his crew chiefs to call lap times because they all have done it including Zippy.

Qualifying set-up and race set-up....very different. While one works well for short runs it doesn't translate to the race/longer runs. There were a few teams that seemed to be having the same/similar issues as the 14 team when it came to the race.
I'm Living my life the way I want to..... Tony Stewart
Never Quit..... Marcus Luttrell Lone Survivor
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:22 pm

Dear Chad,

For the most part I liked what i saw.....through no fault of your own your 36th place finish was not indicative of what could have been. Tough luck for this team today.

I thought Tony sounded upbeat and he was able to move around the track and pass cars early in the race so a big hooray to this whole group.

Show us more of what you are made of at Watkins Glen.

Doc
<<

Outlaw7841

Post Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:12 pm

I was happy with how Smoke ran today. I had a feeling going in that he wasn't going to be as strong as he was in June but he was still good. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. I thought it was funny and I'm not sure when Tony exactly said it because Marty Smith put it on twitter, but he said "Man. I tend to end up on top of Paul a lot… IN THE CAR, I MEAN. IN THE CAR." Lol
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:24 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Dear Chad,

For the most part I liked what i saw.....through no fault of your own your 36th place finish was not indicative of what could have been. Tough luck for this team today.

I thought Tony sounded upbeat and he was able to move around the track and pass cars early in the race so a big hooray to this whole group.

Show us more of what you are made of at Watkins Glen.

Doc

he sounded calm when he was "mounting" <snicker> menard
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:28 pm

LMAO mj, was kinda waiting for that one... :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
PreviousNext

Return to Tony