FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Dear Chad Johnston

<<

Jellikit

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:59 am

Re: Dear Chad Johnston

14Smokem wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:boy tony has a good run and no one has anything nice to say about Chad #2, but as soon as a bad run happens, this thread will be hopping..............

MJ... The observation is valid.
I am in waiting mode. The start of the season was so poor that I am a bit
surprised they did not pull the plug on him. Do not read that as a criticism
of Chad. We all comment on the connection needed between driver and CC.
Jimmy has it with Chad K, Jeffie had it with Ray, Stewart had it with Zippy.

There is no question Chad would NEVER have been picked as Smokes CC if
he was not a "top of the list" CC.

I guess it really boils down to the chemistry....

At the moment... It is not readilly apparent.

Jus thinkun

Doc, whose thread this is, was congratulatory.
Posters in other threads in the forum also gave props to the crew as well. I know I did in one.
Some people are possibly waiting to see if Bristol was a sign of things to come, or a flash in the pan.
<<

racer1

Post Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:27 pm

"Some people are possibly waiting to see if Bristol was a sign of things to come, or a flash in the pan."

Or as its been said before--one good race doesn't define a season nor does the bad ones? Only time will tell with a relatively new CC getting to know Tonys likes and dislikes in a setup, same as any driver with a new CC? All we know so far is he's had several bad luck results and now had a good/great result, and more importantly, as he mentioned his leg is fine & probably isn't going to be an issue? On to Fontana. 8-)
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:35 pm

Hey buddy,

Another stellar effort by team 14 today. I think by today's conversations it should become apparent to most that you and Tony are becoming more comfortable with each other.

It was a tough race with all those tire issues but your call at the end was spot ON. He sure tickled me when he thanked you for carrying him 2 weeks in a row. I really think you guys are heading in the right direction.

Your friend indeed,

Doc

PS...tell your momma and them I said hello
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

countrycreations58

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:36 pm

If you put some spaghetti o's and hotdogs in victory lane with tony's name on them he would prevent other people from getting them.Just so you know that's what his favorite food was as a youngster also told my wife that was his favorite food when he was a younster when he stayed with my wife and her ex husband when they lived in Clairmore, Oklahoma.Keep up the good work tony.
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:50 pm

countrycreations58 wrote:If you put some spaghetti o's and hotdogs in victory lane with tony's name on them he would prevent other people from getting them.Just so you know that's what his favorite food was as a youngster also told my wife that was his favorite food when he was a younster when he stayed with my wife and her ex husband when they lived in Clairmore, Oklahoma.Keep up the good work tony.

Doesn't surprise me the menu Tony loved best as most every kid in is age group basically ate the same thing. My son ate pizza that he made himself and I'm surprised he wasn't sick all the time.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:58 pm

Dear Chad Johnston,

Not exactly the finish we were hoping for eh? This was one race I was kind of glad I was not able to watch much.

I was able to listen to some of it on my way to an event. I'm still very pleased to hear the give and take between you and your driver. Do you still have some work to do? Yes. But I know you will get there.

Proud to be a fan.

Doc
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

onerockindoc

Post Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:32 pm

Dear Chad Johnston,

I'm so proud of the pole that team 14 secured on Saturday. I was on my way home from a funeral listening on the radio, sunroof open and my hands were in the air waving like a crazy lady.

I mostly listened to the PRN feed today rather than team communications as some of us had to work today. I really think it's a matter of time before we see the 14 car in victory lane. You guys are doing the necessary work and it shows. Leading laps is important and today y'all showed up and were able to do just that. The weather was certainly not your friend over the last few days and today was no exception. The changing weather worked against your set up but your last stop was awesome. Good call.

Keep striving and learning. I'm behind you all the way.

Doc
Bob Marley
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:10 am

Chad!!!

I'm so dang proud of you and your team. Strategy my friend...you're perfecting it week after week to guide your driver to another top 10.

I only got to watch half of the race before having to run out to an event. The lady in black was definitely too tough to tame at that point. Oh the F bombs that came your way! You and Tony never seemed to give up and it paid off again. I can smell a victory coming your way.

Many congratulations to your teammates Rodney and Kevin and team 4.

Enjoy your off weekend. Spend some time with your family. We go to Richmond with our heads held high and more momentum too.

Doc
Bob Marley
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:14 am

u want him to get high? oy vie :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I miss you Frehley........
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:56 pm

Dear Sir,

I have a feeling you will be arrested after the race for impersonating a crew chief. Don't call me, I will not come bail you out.

Doc
Bob Marley
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:37 pm

He admitted it. Told Tony he screwed the pooch and told him to hang in there. Felt bad for both of them. Seemed like Tony was resigned to his fate for the night after that.

Too many crew chiefs, so little time... Please work this out, I can't take any more "get rid of the crew chief posts"... And there are so few good ones out there...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:02 am

Rochelle, I'd like to think that they will work this out and things will improve. I like you am not a fan of kill the CC after every race with a bad finish. I'm just not so sure Chad Johnston has the ability to make the car better with adjustments. He has the strategy thing down, I'll give him that.

Not sure he will get many more chances.
Bob Marley
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:20 am

9 races and ready to bail??? when he was hired, it was chad this, chad that, other members were glad steve was gone, glad darrian was gone, there is a common factor here, i told you tony would chew this guy up and spit him out, probably happen sooner than later
I miss you Frehley........
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:42 am

Ready to bail? Thought about that...yep I'm ready. I think I've given this some proper thought. While I like this guy and I believe being the crew chief to the often temperamental 3 time champion is not easy this is not a good match.

My comments are never based solely on the result. They are based upon the team communications that I'm privy to via the NASCAR app. This was ugly tonight
Bob Marley
<<

TishR

Post Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:19 am

Doc ugly does not even come close to describing last night. Disaster was more like it. I don't think I have heard Tony come unglued at a crew chief like that in a long time.
I sure would not want to be at the debrief Monday.
Tish
PreviousNext

Return to Tony