FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony News and Articles

<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:15 pm

Re: Tony News and Articles

Well now folks, I am confused myself. I had posted someplace in here that Tony's at Paducah on April 22 because I marked my calander right away after I seen the newly out sched. Now their web has the night as April 15th.
http://www.paducahracing.net/
Last edited by Smoke14Wins on Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

peanut1439

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:16 pm

Well it didn't take MJ long to come in here and try to spoil this blog too..Oh well, consider the source..lol at least my postings were 99% Racing ...Tony & Ryan Stuff. consumer? LOL at least I'm not stalking his posts !!!!
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:17 pm

Friday April 15, 2011

World of Outlaws Sprint Series

PLUS

Tony Stewart

Kasey Kahne

Kenny Wallace
http://www.paducahracing.net/

May:
5/12 Nascar Night---Tony Stewart

Now I gotta correct my calendar
======================================

Feb 26, 2011 was my post about him racing on the 22nd of April, but I didn't include the link. Guess they changed sched since I posted that. They had just put out their sched then. Would make more sense if they left it on the 22nd.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:44 pm

When a person says repeatedly that it was just a joke...is it really ?

Then having to explain why it was a joke makes me wonder again...is it really a joke?

Sure, MJ you may say you only start a thread or two a week...that may be and I am not going to disagree with that. It is the repeated posts on all the other threads that I was referring to and the so called dry sense of humor that you say you have that is so dry that very few of us get it.

Basically, by summary only, you have told us that if we can't take the heat to stay out of the kitchen. Maybe, MJ, you should look at yourself for that same statement.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

peanut1439

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:26 pm

Beaver, I just wish we had an option to NOT let certain members post on our blogs.
Stalking me is getting old around here & it upsets people no matter who's side they are on. I hope it stops on here.
Not a lot of Tony or Ryan news so far this week. I hope SHR gets it together for Dega. Tony could possibly drop out of the Chase points if he has a bad day. Will keep our fingers crossed for sure. You have a nice evening.
Those who intentionally live off another’s labor will always want more free stuff!
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:40 pm

Point taken. Those feelings and words were building up for for awhile now. I have spoken my piece and I am done and will not get dragged into any follow up.

I am curious to see if Dega will be like Daytona was because of the new nose or is Dega going to be like it always has been. It will be interesting to see.
Image Image

<<

peanut1439

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:46 pm

Stewart Overcomes Numerous Obstacles to Finish 12th

Posted: 10 Apr 2011 08:48 PM PDT

Photo by John Harrelson -
Tony Stewart didn’t have the best car in Saturday night’s Samsung Mobile 500 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race at Texas Motor Speedway in Fort Worth, but he and crew chief Darian Grubb made sure they gave themselves the best chance to win the 334-lap race around the 1.5-mile oval.

It turned out not to be, as Stewart ran out of fuel on the final lap and finished 12th, but the duo sure made things interesting in the race’s last 100 laps. As crushing as the ending was, the fact that Stewart even got into a position to contend for the win was impressive.

The driver of the No. 14 Mobil 1/Office Depot Chevrolet Impala for Stewart-Haas Racing (SHR) rallied from his 26th-place starting spot, a pit road collision on lap 11 and a late-race pit road speeding infraction to still lead twice for a total of 12 laps. Savvy pit calls by Grubb put Stewart in the lead, and had him poised to steal his 40th career Sprint Cup victory and second at Texas, even after Stewart was dinged for speeding on entry to pit road during his final pit stop on lap 276.

The resulting pass-through penalty dropped Stewart to 16th, but because of smart strategy by Grubb, Stewart didn’t have to make another stop while the rest of his counterparts did. As such, the pit road penalty was essentially wiped clean, for Stewart was able to climb back into the top-five while his competitors dove onto pit road to fill their thirsty fuel tanks.

The strategy worked to near perfection. Without it, Stewart would’ve only been able to contend for a top-10. But now, a top-five and even a top-three was possible. That is until Stewart’s tank ran dry on the final lap and he had to coast toward the finish line, dropping him from either a third- or fourth-place finish – as Carl Edwards was challenging him for third at the time – to a disappointing 12th.

“You know, it took almost the whole race to crack the top-10, so to be in the position we were in there at the end, I guess is a good thing,” Stewart said. “But when you’re in that position and you can’t capitalize, it’s pretty frustrating. Speeding on pit road didn’t exactly help the cause either.”

It wasn’t until lap 237 that Stewart cracked the top-10, and it was done via Grubb’s methodical work on making the Mobil 1/Office Depot Chevrolet better handle Texas’ D-shaped layout. Stewart was as tenacious as ever behind the wheel, but with a blistering pace being set by the leaders during a period of long, green flag runs, making any headway toward the front was tough, but as Stewart and Grubb proved, not impossible.

Their run to the front began inauspiciously when after pitting on lap 206, the caution came out four laps later to put Stewart a lap down, but only temporarily. Since the No. 14 was the first car one lap down, Stewart earned his lap back via the lucky dog. Then before the race restarted, Grubb smartly called Stewart to pit road for four tires and fuel.

The benefit to this was that Stewart had fresher tires and more fuel than any of his competitors, all of whom had pitted earlier. This meant Stewart could go the distance on one more stop, while everyone else needed two – theoretically, at least, as the last lap proved one lap too many for Stewart’s 18-gallon fuel cell.

The 12th-place result actually bumped Stewart up one spot to 10th in the Sprint Cup championship standings. He now has 213 points and is 43 markers behind new series leader Edwards.

Ryan Newman, driver of the No. 39 U.S. Army Reserve Chevrolet Impala for SHR, finished 14th to drop one spot to seventh in the standings. He has 233 points, 23 points arrears Edwards

Matt Kenseth won the Samsung Mobile 500 to score his 19th career Sprint Cup victory, his first of the season and his second at Texas. The 2003 Sprint Cup champion ended a 76-race winless streak dating back to Feb. 22, 2009 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif.

Clint Bowyer finished 8.315 seconds behind Kenseth in the runner-up spot, while Edwards, Greg Biffle and Paul Menard rounded out the top-five. Marcos Ambrose, David Ragan, Jimmie Johnson, Dale Earnhardt Jr., and Kurt Busch comprised the remainder of the top-10.

There were five caution periods for 24 laps, with nine drivers failing to finish.

The next event on the Sprint Cup schedule is the April 17 Aaron’s 499 at Talladega (Ala.) Superspeedway. The race starts at 1 p.m. EDT with live coverage provided by FOX beginning with its pre-race show at noon.
<<

jsw14

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:51 pm

Keep ur Update's on Tony & Ryan comin peanut :) IMO, when ppl smell food in the kitchen, the Heat shouldn't bother them!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol:

GO SHR
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image #SmokeWillRise
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:05 pm

The only time I run from the kitchen is when my mother is cooking pork. :mrgreen:
Image Image

<<

jsw14

Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:10 pm

I like meatloaf myself....... :mrgreen:
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image #SmokeWillRise
<<

tonysgirl14

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:00 am

Enjoy your post do not stop that is great information
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:25 am

I believe that Dega will be the same as Daytona. You don't know who you're going to see with who doing the 2x2 dance out there.

One interview with ______ ( driver) said he feels the restrictor races will all be 2x2 racing.

I dunno. I haven't really watched the last 2 races & not too thrilled with knowing it's 2x2 for Sunday. That's just me.

Then with that being the new way for restrictor plate racing, we have the new fuel injection for next season. Something else to get use to.

I'm no man & have no idea about cars, so to you men who knows cars, won't it make it harder to work on cars if they go to fuel injection? Won't be able to jet a car a certain way.
Smoke
<<

peanut1439

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:41 am

Tony to Race in Dennys Fundraiser Short Track Showdown

Kyle Busch Motorsports announced today that Kyle Busch will participate in the fourth annual Denny Hamlin Short Track Showdown at Richmond International Raceway on April 28. Busch, a two-time winner of the event, will be racing a Toyota Camry Late Model prepared by Frank Deiny, Jr. (FDJ) Motorsports. "Denny's Short Track Showdown is a really fun event and it's for a great cause," said Busch. "Any time you get the chance to compete against the guys you race with on Sunday in a different type of car, it usually makes for a pretty exciting race. Throw in guys that drive this type of car every weekend racing for a chance to say they beat some of the best drivers in NASCAR and the fans should be in for a real treat. I know that Frank Deiny Jr. Is going to provide me with a fast Camry. Hopefully I'll be able to win the event for the third time in four years." The event will feature several NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers and celebrities battling it out on the ¾-mile track with some of the best local Late Model Stock Car drivers. Other NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers and NASCAR celebrities currently scheduled to run in the Denny Hamlin Short Track Showdown include Hamlin, Tony Stewart, Kasey Kahne, Michael Waltrip, Joey Logano, Trevor Bayne, Hermie Sadler and Martinsville Speedway President Clay Campbell. Proceeds from the Denny Hamlin Short Track Showdown at Richmond International Raceway will benefit the Denny Hamlin Foundation, a 501 C (3) started to raise funds for individuals and families affected by cystic fibrosis. The foundation supports organizations like The Children's Hospital of Richmond, St. Jude's Hospital and Victory Junction.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:06 pm

beaverpond wrote:When a person says repeatedly that it was just a joke...is it really ?

Then having to explain why it was a joke makes me wonder again...is it really a joke?

Sure, MJ you may say you only start a thread or two a week...that may be and I am not going to disagree with that. It is the repeated posts on all the other threads that I was referring to and the so called dry sense of humor that you say you have that is so dry that very few of us get it.

Basically, by summary only, you have told us that if we can't take the heat to stay out of the kitchen. Maybe, MJ, you should look at yourself for that same statement.

brother i can take any heat you have to offer, you all let peanut full you into thinking he is innocent, but whatever, when a person attacks my life style, religion and the work i do, you think im going to be nice to this person??? this person goes out of his way to post threads that makes other members mad, but thats acceptable, he hides behinds alias to attack people more, but thats acceptable?? sometimes i mike not say the right things, but i say the truth, i dont hide, i treat people as they treat me, and since he came up with the peanut name, he has been attacking me and my personal being, of course he will come on here and tell everyone, i called him, there has never been proof of that, and i havent, but that is a way for him to draw people in and feel sorry for him, i think its widely known if i got something to say, i say it.
<<

peanut1439

Post Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:15 pm

I have NO IDEA what the heck MJ is talking about. Besides his spelling & bad grammar, I think he belongs to the "SPIN ZONE" because he does that pretty good. Show proof of your allegations or shut up MJ. I'm not stalking you...your stalking me and like Beaver, I won't be replying to anymore of your Hate posts. Get a Grip Man !!!
PreviousNext

Return to Tony