FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony On SportsCenter Today

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:24 pm

Tony On SportsCenter Today

Beginning at 6 p.m. EST today, a one-on-one interview of Tony Stewart by ESPN’s Marty Smith will begin airing on SportsCenter. The piece is three-and-a-half minutes in length, an eternity on SportsCenter.

This feature is also slated to run on ESPN’s NASCAR Countdown on Sunday, Nov. 17, the pre-race show that leads in to the ESPN’s coverage of the season-ending NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race from Homestead-Miami Speedway.

#SmokeWillRise

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 45ccc88c88
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:33 pm

Re: Tony On SportsCenter Today

Sports Center starts at 5:30 pm EST and you never know what time it will air so set your DVR's.....just so you won't miss it..... :)
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:06 pm

that is so true............... i have my dvr set for nascar now, half the time something else is recorded in its place....
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:26 pm

You are so right......he was on at 5:45 .....he looked good, and I won't comment on what he said so you can watch it yourself.....
<<

Rachael J

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:05 pm

Glad I tuned in early. He looked well. Glad to see Smoke! :)
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:42 pm

It will air again on Espn Countdown pre race Sunday...... I always believe things happen for a reason and with Tonys accident, I think he now truly understands that "you don't know what you've got until it's gone"....good interview.

If you can't wait here is the video........I couldn't embed it but just click on the link... :) Enjoy!!

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9973498
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:21 am

Wish the video worked for me but it won't play for some reason. Some places I can't watch video's & other sites I can. I have java.

I seen the interview while we were eating out last night, but there was no volume.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

kim92164

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:11 am

Thank you Annalee for posting, Good interview. I can't wait for Tony to be racing again, but want him healed and healthy.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:29 am

Thanks for posting the video link, Annalee. I didn't get to see it when it aired yesterday.

I'll watch it again on Sunday.

For some reason Animink has limited imbedded videos to YouTube. Maybe that should be another email to Animink - let us imbed video from other sources. :idea:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:16 am

Try this link:::::::: http://t.co/LO6NvzSoRY I use to be able to embed many videos but I can't any more.....I think it is from the source not so much this website. Not sure??!! Go ahead and mention it to Animink, HH, I think he is tired of hearing from me..... :lol:
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:51 am

Nope, link doesn't work. I can't view any videos from ESPN nor the weather channel's web site.
It's something on their end on how they have it set up I guess. But if someone had it posted on U-tube, I can watch that. I looked earlier this morn & didn't see it there. No biggie if I can't hear it I guess.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:04 pm

Smoke14Wins wrote:Wish the video worked for me but it won't play for some reason. Some places I can't watch video's & other sites I can. I have java.

I seen the interview while we were eating out last night, but there was no volume.

I just tried to play the link and I saw 40 seconds and it quit. They gave an excuse but I had seen it last night on ESPN. I was a little surprised at a couple of things Tony said. I don't know why he should feel embarrassed about anything. Racing is his life and he has given up many things in order to have this life. Sports seem to have this attitude of all or nothing and it is choice. I'd rather see this life than one where someone has a family and ignores them and the kids are cheated out of having dad around. There are always choices and maybe at times they aren't popular. It's always up to the one making the choice of what kind of life he has.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:47 pm

I can watch it just fine. Do you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed - 11.9.900.117?

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:38 pm

HH, yes I checked that today & I do have it.
I dunno.
Things could be worse.
Smoke
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:28 pm

I have thought a lot about this interview.......he seems so sad.....I think he has had time to reflect on his racing career and what it has meant to him.....he never thought he would be hurt, at least not to this extent, hence they never made plans for the "what if"...... He is a very proud man who never has shown any sign of weakness....."He's Tony Stewart" so having to ride a scooter, use crutches made him vulnerable..... And having to go to the races and sit on the side lines must have hurt his very soul.....his happiest day will be going to Daytona, climbing in the car and starting the engine....Will he always be a racer....of course, this is just a bump in the road of reality......an interesting sideline....... Marty Smith said he walked into that interview no crutches, nothing, he wanted Marty to know he could do it, I think it was his way of saying "I'M BACK"!!! ........AND I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HIM IN DAYTONA!!! :) :) :) :) :) :)
Next

Return to Tony