FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New Crew Chief?

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:16 am

Re: New Crew Chief?

No, Tony wasn't in Phoenix. He stayed in Charlotte and attended the WoW finals at The Dirt Track.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:32 pm

Tony wasn't at Phoenix.....he and I had lunch on Saturday.......... We discussed crew chiefs, girlfriends, MM's farewell, paint schemes, rehab on his leg, and lack of points awarded to regular GG members........ :lol: :lol:
If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you....
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

kim92164

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:48 pm

Annalee wrote:Tony wasn't at Phoenix.....he and I had lunch on Saturday.......... We discussed crew chiefs, girlfriends, MM's farewell, paint schemes, rehab on his leg, and lack of points awarded to regular GG members........ :lol: :lol:

Lol Annalee, & what response did you get?
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:28 pm

Annalee wrote:Tony wasn't at Phoenix.....he and I had lunch on Saturday.......... We discussed crew chiefs, girlfriends, MM's farewell, paint schemes, rehab on his leg, and lack of points awarded to regular GG members........ :lol: :lol:

I wish you had invited me... if only by Skype. :mrgreen:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

azk8ster

Post Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:34 pm

Jayski is saying (rumored) that Addington is to go to the 51 with Justin Allgaier.
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:09 am

OK HH and Kim......which bridge did you want to buy Chesapeake Bay or Brooklyn Bridge.......read the fine print.... :lol: :lol:

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:47 am

Annalee wrote:OK HH and Kim......which bridge did you want to buy Chesapeake Bay or Brooklyn Bridge.......read the fine print.... :lol: :lol:

Oh, I saw it, I just ignored it... figuring you were trying to throw us off. ;)

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:56 pm

[quote="Annalee"]Tony wasn't at Phoenix.....he and I had lunch on Saturday.......... We discussed crew chiefs, girlfriends, MM's farewell, paint schemes, rehab on his leg, and lack of points awarded to regular GG members........ :lol: :lol:
If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you.... [/quot

Annalee you are too funny. I'll take the free bridge if it's still available.......
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

kim92164

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:33 am

I knew you wasn't serious Annalee. lol. Maybe HH & I have a bridge to sell you, lol. How about the old Memorial Bridge or the brand new Blennerhasset Bridge in Parkersburg, lol. I love the groups here at SHR, we do have some fun.
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:03 am

With no Tony :( , we have to do something to liven up this place....... :lol: :lol: the chase has become so anti climatic and it is a long time till Daytona!! I hope they at least tell us new crew chiefs, pit crews etc..... At least then we would have something to cuss and discuss....Otherwise I will just have to start making things up..... ;) ;) :lol:

<<

ndunn

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:36 pm

I think making things up might be fun. We have some really wild imaginations on this site. On the original site we had done that and some of it was really funny. I remember one was a list of home tips and one was "never clean your dryer screen with a dryer sheet as it could cause a fire." I had done that for years and so I checked it out and sure enough that was a good hint. I've never used a dryer sheet agin to clean the lint off the dryer screen.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:21 pm

Hints From Heloise!?! :? :roll:

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:32 pm

I like Steve a lot and was pretty excited when he was named Tony's crew chief, but the results just haven't been there once it came time for his notebook to lead the way. After they won two of the first five last year and looked like world beaters, they just haven't been as good as they need to be. I don't put all the blame on Steve, I think it's stupid how folks are so fired up to change the crew chief every time things aren't going well for their particular driver, as though plugging a new person atop the box is going to be the magic remedy. It seldom is. I didn't see the 39 lighting the world on fire, either. The equipment has got to be there for the crew chief to be able to do his job. The days of having a genius on the box and making chicken salad out of chicken crap are long gone.

That being said, I'm gonna trust Tony and the braintrust's judgement. If Tony didn't feel like they were communicating well enough or that Steve was adept enough at giving him what he needs to be competitive, then there has to be a change. Whoever it is, whether it's Chad Johnston or somebody else, hopefully he and Tony can get on the same page quickly.

Being realistic, the early weeks of 2014 have the potential to be just as rough as this year, if the team hasn't got things where they need it and Tony and a new crew chief go through strong growing pains. On top of that, he's the best race driver on the planet but he hasn't driven since August, who knows what if any amount of time it will take Tony to re-acclimate himself. The Gen 6 car, being so new, is constantly evolving so what he drove at Pocono the day before the accident is liable to be a bit different than what he runs once they get past Daytona. I do believe firmly that he can still win the Daytona 500, though. And I think that eventually they will get it to where they need it. They seemed right on the edge before he got hurt.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

kim92164

Post Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:05 am

We do have wild imaginations on this site. lol. I keep telling the gang on raceday that since I don't have anyway to watch the race I depend on their visuals to imagine what's going on. Only thing is they have to watch them there visuals. Afterall during 1 race I thought for sure that Kyle Busch wanted a wedgie when he was wanting a wedge adjustment or something like that. :lol:
<<

Taskforce14

Post Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:36 am

Thanks for replying to the actual post that I made SMOKE14TS. I agree with pretty much all that you said. I do think Johnston will be Stewarts crew chief but the big question may be who will Kurt's CC be.
PreviousNext

Return to Tony