FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Stewart Undergoes Third Surgery on Leg

<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:19 am

Re: Stewart Undergoes Third Surgery on Leg

i dont get why just cuz you havent heard nothing u always think the worst, there is a thing called privacy, tony has no obligation to let his fans know his every move.
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

dirt93

Post Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:32 pm

He has been private about the whole thing since August. I guess no news is good news.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:54 pm

I think Tony has been quite liberal with the information he has given. This period has to be the most stressfull Tony has ever had. He has had racing injuries before but nothing close to what happened this time. Not only does he have to think about the recovery but the business which he dearly loves. He can only handle so much at one time. He just doesn't want to miss the Daytona 500 and I'm sure he'll do what he has to do to be there.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:56 pm

The good news is - now with a rod inside ... he's gonna know when the rain is coming ... without the Doppler .... ( hee hee hee)

The bad news is - he's gonna have a small limp for the rest of his life, regardless of any spectacular P.T. That's just the way these things go.

Sounds to me like ... the docs gave the broken bones an opp to heal ... and when the bones did not ( 100% as docs want ) the docs went the rod way, which they can manipulate 100%. That rod aint coming out either. I could be wrong ....
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:59 pm

ndunn wrote:I think Tony has been quite liberal with the information he has given. This period has to be the most stressfull Tony has ever had. He has had racing injuries before but nothing close to what happened this time. .....

I volunteer to take one for the team and let him rest his head on my ... well... where ever he wants to lay it ... snuggle him ....and help to de-stress him. :-)
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:34 pm

Tony will also have to carry a card with the info that he has the rod in his leg when he goes through the detectors anywhere. My husband has a knee replaced and he has the card. My next door neighbor smashed an upper arm and had several rods put in her arm permanetly and she sets off bells every where she goes.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

eve

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:46 am

I have to agree with Annalee on this. After Tony's accident, Mr. Jarvis and Zippy tweeted updates and things were posted on Face Book. With this, there was a posted announcement on Face Book and it hit twitter, then nothing. I saw a picture of Tony from Dover and his leg is red like he had soaked it in hot water and his knee was swollen. In previous photos, his leg was pale, but not swollen. I just wish SHR or Tony would let us know how he is. The silence makes me wonder if something happened. I hope they don't make us wait until this weekend to let us know how he is.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:17 pm

Tweet from Tom Jensen a short time ago:

tom jensen ‏@tomjensen100 23m
Tony Stewart has been released from the hospital following successful surgery earlier this week.

Great to hear. :D No word yet if Tony is or will be at the track this weekend.

#SmokeWillRise
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Tweet from Jenna Fryer:

Jenna Fryer ‏@JennaFryer 51s
While Tony Stewart is not comparing injuries with Dario Franchitti, he's currently not scheduled to come to track this wknd.
Last edited by HiddenHollow on Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:40 pm

Well practice is over and no Tony.....glad to hear he is out of the hospital, but an overnight for observation turned into a five day stay.....maybe he had a good looking nurse and didn't want to leave.... :lol: :lol:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:17 pm

i got a 12 nch rod in my back with 6 pates and i never one triggered a metal detector and never got a note from the doc, i also read sometime back that drs dont issue cards, as lon as you tell them where it is, they just scan ya to double check
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

TishR

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:26 pm

His stay could have been extended because the doctors wanted to run him through some therapy sessions while he was there to see how the leg reacted and if the final repairs held up to their standards or like you said Annalee maybe he finally got that "hot" nurse and didn't want to leave.
Tish
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:53 pm

Here is Tom's full story:

FOX Sports - TOM JENSEN

Updated Oct 10, 2013 6:39 PM ET

Tony Stewart was released from an undisclosed North Carolina hospital Thursday afternoon, three days after surgery to close a wound on his right shin suffered Aug. 5 in a sprint car crash at Southern Iowa Speedway in Oskaloosa, Iowa.

In that crash, Stewart broke the tibia and fibula in his right leg when it was struck by the torque tube from his sprint car.

The third surgery was necessitated, a team source said, because Stewart’s injured right leg “was not healing as quickly as it should be.” That said, Stewart is still expected back by Daytona Speedweeks next February.

“The surgery served as a proactive measure and team officials do not expect it to impact Stewart’s return to the No. 14 Bass Pro Shops/Mobil 1 Chevrolet in 2014,” the team said in a release prior to the surgery on Monday.

Stewart returned to the track last month at Richmond International Raceway, getting around on a customized scooter. He recently began physical rehabilitation, but that was interrupted by the need for the third surgery.

The Stewart-Haas Racing driver/co-owner previously had surgery on Aug. 6 in Iowa to stabilize and clean the injury, and a second surgery two days later in North Carolina, to insert a metal rod inside the tibia.

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:57 pm

Also, this tweet:

tom jensen ‏@tomjensen100 16m
Stewart released from hospital, not expected @CLTMotorSpdwy this weekend.

So don't bother looking for Tony this weekend.

Heal well my friend... call Dario & commiserate. ;)

#SmokeWillRise

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

kim92164

Post Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:51 pm

Hope this isn't getting off subject, but I just got done watching Tony's interview from last month and noticed that this is 1 time he didn't drink any Coke. I wonder if he's laying off the sugar so that his wound would heal better. I know that if a person is a Diabetic then any type of injury takes longer to heal. I know this from personal experience.
PreviousNext

Return to Tony