FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

POST KANSAS.........WHAT A MESS!!

<<

Annalee

Post Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:25 am

POST KANSAS.........WHAT A MESS!!

I listened on the scanner the first pit stop for the 14.......Bob and Steve counted MM down to his pit stall......OTHER THAN DRAWING A MAP......HE COULDN't FIND IT, SLOWED DOWN ALMOST TO A STOP AND THEN SAW IT......pulled in and didn't put his foot on the brake on sooooooo the tires were spinning.!!! Kinda hard to change a tire wheels spinning.....Steve always says "Wheels straight, Foot on the Brake".... It was a comedy of errors....all Mark's!!!!!! He can't hear and he can't see.....
I can't listen anymore....this is a joke!! He is tooooooooooo old! He made most of the calls for change.....all wrong......IF OLD IS WHAT YOU WANT, YOU GOT IT! I can't imagine sponsors loving MM driving style...PLEASE DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING....there is plenty of young talent out there.....Ryan Blaney, Austin Dillon, Kyle Larsen, if you want older then Bobby Labonte, or Ken Schrader. Call Dale Jarrett or Rusty Wallace out of retirement (NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD SAY THAT)..... if you want no scratches on the car, well that didn't work either...........PARK IT IN THE GARAGE......... I can't watch this anymore. Don't blame Steve or Bob...... They didn't make any of the calls for change on the car, THIS IS ALL MARK MARTINS..... :roll:

The 14 car means way too much for Tonys fans to watch it's demise..........IT BREAKS MY HEART TO WATCH AND LISTEN......This is not working SHR!!!!!
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

Rachael J

Post Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:48 am

Re: POST KANSAS.........WHAT A MESS!!

I'm so disappointed, I don't even keep with what they're doing! :? I miss Smoke so bad! :(
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:15 pm

Mark's driving for Tony isn't getting him a very good resume for another part time ride. Perhaps he'll be lucky to go back to MWR. Mikey deserves him. I can't wait for Tony to be back where things will be good consistancy and being upfront for a change.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

TishR

Post Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:01 pm

Annalee I agree with you. I listened yesterday and got so frustrated with Mark I had to turn off the scanner. He needs to let Steve do his job and stop making the calls himself because it is very obvious he doesn't have a clue. You can kind of hear it is Bob's voice that he is getting exasperated with the whole situation too. It is really a sad situation because it is like overnight Mark forgot how to drive a RACE CAR!
Tish
<<

housesandhogans

Post Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:48 pm

I haven't listened as much on the 14 radio since Tony's been out, mostly because I like to listen to Tony - his voice. But, now that he isn't there, well, I kind of move around and listen to Ryan or Harvick. Yesterday I was listening to JJ & Chad. I actually enjoy listening to these others as they really talk to one another! Unlike Tony & Steve, who don't say much compared to other teams. Anyway, my point is - when Mark first got in the car I noticed he talked a lot too. But, their conversation has gone way down. The cars don't actually seem to be very good when they get to the track either. So, we may have just a very difficult situation where the 14 team's heart is not in it because Tony isn't there driving and at Mark's age, he isn't going to have the reflexes of a younger driver. BUT - I really don't think you can expect any changes any more this year. To me, there is no point in asking them to put another driver in there - it isn't going to happen at this stage of the game. There are only 6 races left. Why bother? I also find it interesting that a few months ago - everyone wanted STeve Addington's head handed to him. Now they want to blame Mark Martin. I'm sorry these cars are never very good when they first get to the track. Not knowing exactly how these things are built, I don't know if that is Steve's fault or not. But, my common sense says to me - don't we have engine builders back at the shop who are supposed to be building something good?
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:09 pm

And now Tony is in the hospital again........ I could cry :cry: :cry: I just had an awful feeling when he wasn't seen at Kansas..... :( :(
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

housesandhogans

Post Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Actually he was seen at Kansas at the driver's meeting. And someone said he did an autograph session at a Bass Pro Shop in KC. I never saw any pictures or anything, but that is what I have read on other boards.

Oh, and he was at Williams Grove both Friday and Saturday nights.
<<

eve

Post Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:22 am

I tried to listen to Mark in the 14, but couldn't understand him. Sounded like he had marbles in his mouth. Then, he did so poorly, I've moved to Ryan's channel. At least you can hear what is said and understand it as well. I felt it was the best way to maybe hear Tony on the radio. I haven't heard him yet, but you never know. Now if I want to listen to Tony I go to YouTube and watch interviews and the "best of Tony" at least it makes me laugh and miss him more !!!

I'm just holding out until February when Tony is back in the car. Races are just not the same when he's not in the field. Some drivers said this weekend they wished Tony was on track because of the problems with the tires and the track. Says something when your competitors wish you where there is offer a solution.

I just hope this latest surgery is just a fix that they had planned and not a problem to be concerned about. I follow Eddie Jarvis on Twitter, he kept us updated after the accident and beyond, but now he's not posting a word.

Return to Tony