FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

THE 14????????............this is not working!

<<

Annalee

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:06 pm

THE 14????????............this is not working!

What is going on with the 14........... This is embarrassing.. :oops: :oops: I have never been a fan of Mark Martin, but I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt...I know so many people think he walks on water and maybe 15 years ago he did, but not anymore.....He qualified 29th, one ahead of Danica! His highest finish is 9th....Tonys sponsors must be shaking their heads ......I think Tony on his scooter could out run him... :shock: The 14 is 23rd in cup standings :( :( sad!! If Mark wins this weekend I will print this and eat these words! I promise!!
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

Schlooby

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:28 pm

Re: THE 14????????............this is not working!

Not that this weekend might go well for the 14 car, but in June, Tony placed 36th, 29th, and 15th in the 3 practices and qualified 22nd, and he DID win the race! But looking at Loudon where the 14 car always runs well and has a good set up, Martin was far from impressive. I expected more out of him considering his equip and team is as good as it gets
<<

newmanfan3914

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:48 pm

I think this is the sign that SHR is struggling as a group and has been all year. This does not look good for next year with 4 teams and the headaches that come with that.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:11 pm

newmanfan3914 wrote:I think this is the sign that SHR is struggling as a group and has been all year. This does not look good for next year with 4 teams and the headaches that come with that.

tony pretty much lucked into his win,
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:50 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
newmanfan3914 wrote:I think this is the sign that SHR is struggling as a group and has been all year. This does not look good for next year with 4 teams and the headaches that come with that.

tony pretty much lucked into his win,

Nascar give-away contest,you heard Chad [they don't want us to win] i'm buying it after what i seen the #99 get away with his restart later this year!
<<

barnes442

Post Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:00 pm

I disagree. Just before Tony's injury the 14 seemed to have been improving, however Mark Martin's performance since 2009 has been on the decline.

Also I wonder if they are trying to not get too far away from setups that are more to Tony's liking and trying to have Mark adapt and it just isnt working outthat well. As opposed to going to a Mark setup where when Smoke comes back they have a hard time adapting back to what Tony likes?
<<

azk8ster

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:22 am

Annalee wrote: If Mark wins this weekend I will print this and eat these words! I promise!!

I will PAY to watch that! Not much, mind you..... ;)
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:25 am

barnes442 wrote:

I disagree. Just before Tony's injury the 14 seemed to have been improving, however Mark Martin's performance since 2009 has been on the decline.

Also I wonder if they are trying to not get too far away from setups that are more to Tony's liking and trying to have Mark adapt and it just isnt working outthat well. As opposed to going to a Mark setup where when Smoke comes back they have a hard time adapting back to what Tony likes?

that would make no sense. If Marks likings is a lot different from Tony's that would just give them more notes for next year. Tony isn't coming back this year to have to adapt to anything. Thing is this year I have seen mark make a lot of bad moves way before he came to SHR. It is like a fighter that all of a sudden gets old in the ring. This year is that for Mark. He really isn't any good anymore. Last two races he has been racing back there with Danica. No way SHR equipment is that bad.
ImageImageImage
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:07 am

I think Tony just wanted someone who wouldn't tear up equipment...coulda' put Dillon in more races, but him being young, maybe more aggressive/more likely to get into "incidents" may be why Mark's there?
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:31 am

smoke14rulez wrote:I think Tony just wanted someone who wouldn't tear up equipment...coulda' put Dillon in more races, but him being young, maybe more aggressive/more likely to get into "incidents" may be why Mark's there?

I have to agree with this idea. Mark has had his day but he stays out of trouble, people like him and Tony trusts him. He hasn't torn up any cars yet or embarassed a sponsor. Much as I wish Mark would retire I haven't heard that I have that wish coming.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:08 am

31st in last practice......Great :x :x I rest my case!!!

Only good thing is that they interviewed Tony..... :D :D :D

TONYS STATS.......In the chase......9th in points
21 starts, 5744 of 5869 laps completed (97.9%), 114 laps led

Win: 1 ( 4.8%) Total Winnings: $3,567,849
Top 5: 5 ( 23.8%) (excluding bonuses)
Top 10: 8 ( 38.1%) DNF: 0

Here are Tonys stats.........and he was 9th in the chase!! Now the car is 23rd in points and falling fast.....When you hardly beat Danica in qualifying....there is something wrong with this picture :(
:( .......the scanner communication is just strange. He doesn't hear a lot of the pit calls and then calls out most of his changes on pit stops, only to have the changes go back to the same way on the next pit stop.......sad. I love Bob (the spotter)...together he and Tony are the BEST!!!!!!! But I don't listen anymore cause there isn't any humor anymore. It's like listening to grass grow.... nothing, nada...... doesn't respond to Bob or Steve..... and they have to repeat everything... :( :( SAD!!!!!!!

I listen to Harvick and "twoninerinthesky"..... ;) :)

At least with Austin....there was some fire, some excitement, a want and will to win! I loved his
passion..... His thirst for knowledge....he was great with Bob and Steve.....His first time in Tonys car he finished 14th, not a scratch on the car!!!
Last edited by Annalee on Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:20 am

azk8ster wrote:
Annalee wrote: If Mark wins this weekend I will print this and eat these words! I promise!!

I will PAY to watch that! Not much, mind you..... ;)

I would gladly do that to see the 14 in the winners circle...... :lol: :lol: :) but I am afraid that won't happen....maybe if we are lucky Ryan will get there :) :) hope so!!
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:35 am

Mark was Tony's personal choice to drive the #14. :|
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

barnes442

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:53 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
barnes442 wrote:

that would make no sense. If Marks likings is a lot different from Tony's that would just give them more notes for next year. Tony isn't coming back this year to have to adapt to anything. Thing is this year I have seen mark make a lot of bad moves way before he came to SHR. It is like a fighter that all of a sudden gets old in the ring. This year is that for Mark. He really isn't any good anymore. Last two races he has been racing back there with Danica. No way SHR equipment is that bad.

well my thought was from things ive seen in Nhra. Yeah I know its a completely different thing but ive seen a team be dominant the beginning of the year, go into testing and part savings mode for the countdown and it not work, then the countdown starts and they can't get back to how the car responded the beginning of the year because they got too far off base. I guess im looking at Mark Martin as the testing and part savings mode and the countdown as Tony's return. I hope the team is more about setting Smoke up for success upon his return than going to a Mark Martin system for the wins. Remember last year when they started the year based on Grubb set ups then when they switched to the Addington ones there was a bit of a struggle? I want to see Smoke come to Daytona and start the season off with a bang
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:56 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:Mark was Tony's personal choice to drive the #14. :|

Must have been the medication...... :roll:
Next

Return to Tony