FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

I could hear Tony.......

<<

HotCamaro

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:42 pm

I could hear Tony.......

As I watched Kurt Bush, Mark Martin and Ryan Newman collide together on Pit Row, I am certain I could hear Tony giving his "thoughts" on that moment! Or was that me screaming at the TV?! Good job #39 crew and Ryan for getting that car in the top 5 after that.
For me, it just isn't the same watching the race without Tony behind the wheel but I will continue to support the team. Cannot wait to see Tony's press conference tomorrow so I know how he is doing. Between the decision Gene made without him and watching the race this weekend.....I'm worried about Tony's blood pressure! I know mine is up! :roll:
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:15 pm

Re: I could hear Tony.......

It will just be good to see him.....I have missed him! Racing just isn't the same without him! :(

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

housesandhogans

Post Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:55 pm

I agree. I was sitting here working this afternoon (or supposed to be working) and it crossed my mind how much more of a Tony fan than Nascar fan that I've become. I listened to Mark's radio yesterday like I used to listen to Tony's. And while it is interesting, to a point, its not the same without Tony. And I've found the races, Race Hub and Nascar Now much less interesting since I know no one is going to be talking about him. Makes everything pretty boring. I hope Ryan makes the chase and root for him as well as Mark. But still.....................
<<

Shander

Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:55 am

I feel the same way... NASCAR isn't the same. I think I know how the Dale Sr. fans felt when we lost him... the only difference is Tony will be back. I too realized that I am more of a Tony fan than a NASCAR fan. I don't know who I would follow if Tony didn't come back. :)
"No Woman will ever be truly satisfied... because no man will ever have a chocolate penis that ejaculates money."
Be who you are and say what you feel... Because those that matter.. don't mind and those that mind... don't matter!!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:46 am

bein a ryan fan im glad he isnt around, tired of his hot head issues and crying when things dont go his way, but yet will do the same thing and justify why he is a jerk,plus knowing it has ruined annalees life makes it funnier.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:37 am

The Mark Martin replacement is really working out,said it before and still say retire already!
Ryan makes the chase than all is good with me! 8-)
Tony,who's gonna throw their helmet,who's gonna call out on another driver that does the same thing he does-oops i shouldn't go there! :lol:
The loss of Dale Snr.to the fans who were loyal to him,have no idea what some of us go through watching what Nascar has become today.When some compare Tony or Kyle to Dale Snr.it erks me,there is no comparison and i know some Snr.fans who follow Tony or Kyle thinking along those lines.Doesn't matter,on or off the track,nothing could be further from the truth! :evil:
I'm not a HMS fan by far,but i will admit they are the Jr.Johnson teams of today,it's just the way racin' has become that sucks!
So i respect what #48 and #24 has accomplished over the years ,but i don't have to like it! :twisted:
Tony i miss in one respect,but on the other side of the coin i don't and i'm sorry just being honest.
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

eve

Post Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:50 pm

I am a Dale Sr. fan, you just never stop being his fan. After we lost him, it was very difficult and it took me awhile to choose another driver. I chose Tony because of the way he drives and the rebel attitude he has. When I first learned of Tony's accident and didn't know how badly he was hurt, I just thought, "Please, not again." I can't lose another driver, I can't go through that again. Once it was known what the injury was, and the plans for getting him home to Charlotte and future treatment, I felt better. Seeing him today and hearing him discuss the accident, the injury and things going on at SHR I feel a lot better. They called Dale Sr superman after his wreck at "Dega in '96. Now Tony has picked that up. Tony will always be Tony, a bit of a rascal and full of life. That's how I like him. #Smoke will Rise.

Return to Tony