All things Tony
Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:28 pm
Jenna Fryer is reporting on twitter that Tony is having a live press conference Tuesday at 2:00pm.
Wonder what this is about???
Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:31 pm
hre is just gonna say he agrees & backs Haas decisions, & then pick on the media for acting like there is anything wrong with SHR.
Don't see Tony saying anything controversial.
Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:57 pm
it will be time for the FANATICS to cling on every word tony as as if he is god and believe everything
Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:08 pm
About dang time.
Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:37 pm
I hope they replay it. Im at work....
Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:13 pm
@orangecone says this is what will be discussed
By @TheOrangeCone – It’s great to know that Tony Stewart will address the media on Tuesday for the first time since his sprint car accident forced him into retirement. Now that he’s just a car owner, he are ten topics we can expect him to talk about when he holds his first post-retirement press conference:
10. How he and Gene Haas picked out carpet and upholstery patterns for their shared office at SHR headquarters.
9. His hatred for sprint car racing and how he hopes to never, ever see another sprint car again.
8. Since he now hates sprint car racing and sprint cars primarily race on dirt, he will announce the immediate paving of Eldora Speedway.
7. Now that he is retired, he will also explain a new softer approach to the media. He will not immediately threaten anyone with a crutch and will openly embrace Bob Pockrass in a show of his new pro-media attitude.
6. Tony will also open up about previous on-track run-ins with Kurt Busch and how they were all staged because he and Kurt set this move to SHR up long before Tony even met Gene Haas.
5. Tony will rate, in great detail, the tactile qualities of the behinds of each of the nurses that has taken care of him during his rehabilitiation.
4. Since he is retired, Tony will also offer the media and fans tips on which restaurants offer the best early bid specials, both in Columbus, Indiana and Charlotte, North Carolina.
3. In another show of his new softer approach to the media, he will apologize for calling Jim Utter “Princess” and will heretofore all him “Utter Butter.”
2. Tony will also detail which half of the team he owns and which half of the team Gene owns. Someone will suggest a line down the middle of the shop floor and Tony will lose it, threating to stick a crutch where the sun doesn’t shine.
1. He will call his wheelchair “dead weight” and say he cannot wait to lose it. Darian Grubb will text him immediately with a “haha that’s pretty funny” message.
I guarantee each and every one of these topics will be discussed. I also want to wish Tony much rest and relaxation in his retirement.
Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:14 pm
It will be good to SEE him as well as hear him. I'd like to see for myself that he's alright, not just be told. As far as what he says, he has to be somewhat careful until the lawyers go over everything that backstabbing SOB Haas has done in the past 2-3 weeks. Only after all of that is clear could Tony really say what he really thinks about it. But, then again, that is internal SHR business, which is none of our business. I hope he does confirm the timeline that only after his injury and he got back to Charlotte was Tony's people advised of what Haas did. I hope that he also confirms that he was against doing the 4th team for 2014 because they simply are not prepared for it. As far as Kurt goes, we all know that Tony and Kevin have issues with him. We also know of his history of abusing his team and his off track less than stellar behavior. Tony may address that, and then he may not. If the contract stands, he will have to find a way to stomach Kurt for the duration of that contract. I'm not saying that Tony will roll over and play nice just to keep the piece, this is Tony we are talking about. He just may not speak as badly about Kurt as we may want him to. He has a fine line to walk right now. He has a partner that backstabbed him while he was injured in another state. And he has a business that he has put his heart and soul into for 5 years to protect. I expect to see a little of both Tony's - business man and driver. He has to until everything is sorted out.
Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:19 pm
The day Tony Stewart retires from driving sprint cars or cup cars, or any race cars, a very warm place will freeze over. As far as paving Eldora, the same thing.
Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:14 pm
hate to say this eve, but Tony will play nice. he is still a businessman. he will say something about the surprise & that he is excited for the opportunity to work with Kurt Blah Blah Blah. He will also try to put to rest that there is any dissension between himself & Haas.
He will play nice & he will be full of $h!t. It is what he will have to do because unlike Kurt. The other three teams still have to worry about landing sponsors. As much as you guys want Tony be the tony that talks to the media. he wont. He will play the game. (& Haas knows it)
Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:16 pm
My hope is its a new sponsor announcement for some missing races in 2014.
Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:35 pm
Last edited by ndunn
on Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:37 pm
Schoompy you may be correct. I just hope that somehow Tony can get away from Haas and let him stew in his own arrogance. It may not be next year, but I hope soon. Now that Kevin is part of SHR, maybe they can form a company and take the teams there. Let Haas figure out how to make a winning team out of Kurt if he knows so much. If there is a way, between Eddie Jarvis and Brett Froog they will find it. Rick Hendrick may factor into this in some way. He did say he would not let Tony fail at this. I would hope that Rick would be as appalled as the rest of us in the way Haas treated Tony. Mr. Hendrick is not my favorite person, but if he can help Tony cut Haas loose, he might move up my approval ladder.
I'm just glad to finally hear from Tony and see him as well. I hope that Marty Smith is correct and he will be at Richmond. Whether he is on crutches or in a wheelchair, at least we can see him and know he is getting better.