FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Is it me? What am I missing?

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:02 pm

Re: Is it me? What am I missing?

nd there is a small clip of zippy talking about how haas wanted kurt last year, just things did not work out, this has nothing to do with me bein a ryan fan, this is going to be a big mistake, i dont think tony will have the patience for kurts b.s.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:03 pm

plus*********** i dunno how they keep things as quiet as they do, some of these guys would make great salesmen
<<

eve

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:07 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks Gene Haas is an a-hole for doing this. It seems like he waited until Tony was hurt to pull this stunt. When Tony took over at SHR, it was my understanding that Tony would run the race teams and Gene would stay on the west coast and run Haas cnc. Now this has happened. This is bad for the reputation of SHR and Tony. I think Tony hasn't said anything because he is waiting to see how things play out and he wants to do his talking face to face with the media when he can go to the track. Tony has always been a face to face kind of guy and you know when he speaks to the press there will be someone, probably Bob Podgrass (sp), that will ask the question. It is also possible that Tony's legal team is working on a way to either void this offer or somehow buy out Gene Haas so that Tony won't have to deal with this again. I know I would want to ditch a partner that waits until I'm seriously hurt to try to broker a deal with a driver that I can't stand. What Gene did was underhanded, sneaky and back stabbing and Tony does not deserve that. Tony took a race team that was a start and park at best and turned it into a championship organization in 3 years. SHR can't afford Kurt Busch and his baggage, certainly Steve Addington will want nothing to do with Kurt after the way he treated him at Penske. I just hope that Tony can find a way to dump Gene and own the team outright. He doesn't need a partner like this.
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:28 am

eve wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks Gene Haas is an a-hole for doing this. It seems like he waited until Tony was hurt to pull this stunt. When Tony took over at SHR, it was my understanding that Tony would run the race teams and Gene would stay on the west coast and run Haas cnc. Now this has happened. This is bad for the reputation of SHR and Tony. I think Tony hasn't said anything because he is waiting to see how things play out and he wants to do his talking face to face with the media when he can go to the track. Tony has always been a face to face kind of guy and you know when he speaks to the press there will be someone, probably Bob Podgrass (sp), that will ask the question. It is also possible that Tony's legal team is working on a way to either void this offer or somehow buy out Gene Haas so that Tony won't have to deal with this again. I know I would want to ditch a partner that waits until I'm seriously hurt to try to broker a deal with a driver that I can't stand. What Gene did was underhanded, sneaky and back stabbing and Tony does not deserve that. Tony took a race team that was a start and park at best and turned it into a championship organization in 3 years. SHR can't afford Kurt Busch and his baggage, certainly Steve Addington will want nothing to do with Kurt after the way he treated him at Penske. I just hope that Tony can find a way to dump Gene and own the team outright. He doesn't need a partner like this.

I'm a little leaning in this direction. I wonder how long a contract Tony and Gene Haas have? I mean, I know Tony is listed as the owner/co-owner, but Tony has always said that Haas "gave" him half the team. So, to me, there has to be a contract, and if the lawyers were any good, there has to be an ending date with a chance to continue or not and also a buyout clause. This group really is very good at keeping secrets. And since Tony has TSR, why (other than $$$ and being able to keep this sponsors he has, because they would have to re-work all those contracts) would he not want to buy the other guy out and have real control. For all we know, he is working on these things and can only hope that either Kurt doesn't accept or, if he does, nothing bad happens afterwards. I was reading about all the different team connections yesterday and how such and such a team is really just a satellite of this and that team - Nascar is really starting to look like nothing but inter-breeding these days. Can that really be good?
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:01 am

Last edited by ndunn on Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:20 pm

ndunn wrote:I've posted on this and read other opinions and now I'm more confused than ever. Is Gene getting retaliation for bringing Danica in? That was all done for the Go daddy contract wasn't it? The remark by Haas if he doesn't get Busch then they'd get no one just doesn't set right. Wow what a commotion this is.

I hadn't read that ndunn about Bush or nothing, but doesn't surprise me much because everyone seemed to take Tony's statement of not ready for a 4th team at face value until this talk of Bush came up. Also, with Haas Automation doing a lot of Ryan's sponsorship this year and the statements being made that Haas Automation would be Kurt's sponsor next year, it "appears" Haas is putting more money into this than Tony is. Thus, Haas gets to make more decisions on Bush or nobody. That stands to reason.

But, isn't it interesting that since its inception, SHR seemed unified. Until now. Now that Tony is not there to be the face of it, we're starting to see some of the cracks in the organization. Not a fan of Zippy's this year because of their poor start - but I do feel sort of sorry for him now. He has to be the face of an organization that seems to have 2 camps. He even mentioned in an interview a week ago (Michigan), that the two sides were talking for the first time. Making it sound like they really hadn't talked before this. I think the force of Tony's personality and business acumen was holding it together. Now he's not available, its not looking so unified.
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:54 pm

housesandhogans wrote:
ndunn wrote:I've posted on this and read other opinions and now I'm more confused than ever. Is Gene getting retaliation for bringing Danica in? That was all done for the Go daddy contract wasn't it? The remark by Haas if he doesn't get Busch then they'd get no one just doesn't set right. Wow what a commotion this is.

I hadn't read that ndunn about Bush or nothing, but doesn't surprise me much because everyone seemed to take Tony's statement of not ready for a 4th team at face value until this talk of Bush came up. Also, with Haas Automation doing a lot of Ryan's sponsorship this year and the statements being made that Haas Automation would be Kurt's sponsor next year, it "appears" Haas is putting more money into this than Tony is. Thus, Haas gets to make more decisions on Bush or nobody. That stands to reason.

But, isn't it interesting that since its inception, SHR seemed unified. Until now. Now that Tony is not there to be the face of it, we're starting to see some of the cracks in the organization. Not a fan of Zippy's this year because of their poor start - but I do feel sort of sorry for him now. He has to be the face of an organization that seems to have 2 camps. He even mentioned in an interview a week ago (Michigan), that the two sides were talking for the first time. Making it sound like they really hadn't talked before this. I think the force of Tony's personality and business acumen was holding it together. Now he's not available, its not looking so unified.

I read the quote about "Kurt or no one" somewhere on the internet. I can't find it now as most of the outlets change their stories quite often.
If Tony Stewarts name is in the headline I usually read it. I often take a copy of the story if I find it worth it. I have tons of stories and since this was recent I'm going to see if I saved it. I found it odd that Gene Haas would say something like that but since I don know him he probably says alot more than we know about. Perhap it was just a remark someone heard and quoted Haas. i hope this new situation is not going to be a rumble that will damage the ownership between Tony and Gene. But then money causes alot of B.S.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

<<

eve

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:14 pm

I think Gene Haas may be a little jealous of the success that Tony has had with this team. Haas had it for what 10 years and could get it no further than a start and park organization. Then he offers Tony half of the company on Tony's name and rep alone and in 3 years it's a Championship organization. Something Haas could not achieve on his own. For some reason Haas seems to think that hiring Kurt Busch will be his way of showing Tony that he can hire a good driver to move the company along, just like Tony did. Unfortunately, Haas either doesn't know or doesn't care that Tony and Kurt are like oil and water. It just won't work. By putting Kurt in the mix, Haas is risking damaging an organization that runs smoothly. Kurt will only cause trouble, he can't work with other drivers and he has to be top dog. Kurt won't even come close to being top dog at SHR. Throw in Kevin Harvick who is a close friend of Tony's and you have a recipe for WW3. Danica doesn't even factor into this, she hasn't been around long enough for Kurt to have an opinion.

I agree that there must be some type of agreement with an end date and/or a clause to execute a buy out by either party. That could be why we haven't heard from Tony himself. He may be letting the lawyer brain trusts that he has start that process. God knows Gene took advantage of Tony's injury to pull this stunt. Eddie Jarvis has been Tony's business manager from the beginning of his career from what I understand. Between Eddie and the lawyers, Tony's interests will be protected and all of his hard work won't be for nothing.

I think we will hear from Tony once he can go to the track. A press conference that will allow Tony to clear up just what is going on. Right now he has to concentrate on following doctor's orders and give his team a chance to do what they do to protect his interests. Gene Haas has overstepped with the wrong person IMO. #Smoke will rise and I hope Gene goes down in flames.
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:28 pm

eve wrote:I think Gene Haas may be a little jealous of the success that Tony has had with this team. Haas had it for what 10 years and could get it no further than a start and park organization. Then he offers Tony half of the company on Tony's name and rep alone and in 3 years it's a Championship organization. Something Haas could not achieve on his own. For some reason Haas seems to think that hiring Kurt Busch will be his way of showing Tony that he can hire a good driver to move the company along, just like Tony did. Unfortunately, Haas either doesn't know or doesn't care that Tony and Kurt are like oil and water. It just won't work. By putting Kurt in the mix, Haas is risking damaging an organization that runs smoothly. Kurt will only cause trouble, he can't work with other drivers and he has to be top dog. Kurt won't even come close to being top dog at SHR. Throw in Kevin Harvick who is a close friend of Tony's and you have a recipe for WW3. Danica doesn't even factor into this, she hasn't been around long enough for Kurt to have an opinion.

I agree that there must be some type of agreement with an end date and/or a clause to execute a buy out by either party. That could be why we haven't heard from Tony himself. He may be letting the lawyer brain trusts that he has start that process. God knows Gene took advantage of Tony's injury to pull this stunt. Eddie Jarvis has been Tony's business manager from the beginning of his career from what I understand. Between Eddie and the lawyers, Tony's interests will be protected and all of his hard work won't be for nothing.

I think we will hear from Tony once he can go to the track. A press conference that will allow Tony to clear up just what is going on. Right now he has to concentrate on following doctor's orders and give his team a chance to do what they do to protect his interests. Gene Haas has overstepped with the wrong person IMO. #Smoke will rise and I hope Gene goes down in flames.

I'm with you Eve. The only place I might disagree is that I don't think, if he does have his lawyers looking at it, that Tony will talk publicly about splitting with Haas during the season. I think he'll ignore it if he can, talk around it if he gets asked. This is one team that seems to be really good at keeping secrets until it benefits them to let things leak or make an announcement.
<<

eve

Post Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:00 pm

I think Tony will talk about the Kurt mess not what he has to deal with with Gene Haas. The Gene Haas issue is internal SHR business that should not be spoken about publicly. I do think Tony will address what happened after his accident with the contract offer while he was out of the loop. Tony has to address it in order to repair the damage Gene has done to his rep. Mike Arning will be front and center with this, but Tony will have to address it. The off season is going to be interesting. If there is a shake-up at SHR at the top level, I hope that it stays internal and is not played out in the press. That wouldn't be good for anyone.
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:03 am

Last edited by ndunn on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

<<

Taskforce14

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:15 am

I believe he is talking about his company Haas Automation being in victory lane. Not an SHR car necessarily.
<<

housesandhogans

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:40 am

Yes, ndunn, this story is actually in a link in one of the other threads. We're starting to discuss the same things in different threads. lol But, the sentence about saying that if you had a driver like Kurt you would have wins, was something that caught my eye, too. This year, with only half a season to his name, Tony has a win. And Ryan has a win. Where is Kurt's win????? There sounds to me like something is definitely going on with Gene Haas about all this. Interestingly, too, I remember when Ryan won Indy and everyone was kissing the bricks, that Tony wasn't out there as an owner with all of them. BUT, he was in the press room being interviewed and saying how proud he was that the "other" owner was out there kissing the bricks as an owner. So, has Haas already forgotten that win? I personally think Haas is just using his money to buy what he wants. Guess that is his choice.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:55 am

I think people are reading too much into the "If it isn't Kurt we won't do the fourth team" stuff. We're nearly to September, it is way late in the game to be doing this but Gene wants to snatch up Kurt before anyone else does, it seems. If he can't get him, they'll wait till 2015 or later for the four-car deal. It isn't like he's saying "Oh we'll never do a fourth car ever if Kurt isn't the driver."
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:31 am

Smoke14TS wrote:I think people are reading too much into the "If it isn't Kurt we won't do the fourth team" stuff. We're nearly to September, it is way late in the game to be doing this but Gene wants to snatch up Kurt before anyone else does, it seems. If he can't get him, they'll wait till 2015 or later for the four-car deal. It isn't like he's saying "Oh we'll never do a fourth car ever if Kurt isn't the driver."

Last edited by ndunn on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Return to Tony