FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Is it me? What am I missing?

<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:10 pm

Is it me? What am I missing?

In the past week, since we've heard the rumor about Kurt Busch possibly coming here we've heard from Zippy, Addington, Mark Martin, and even Eddie Jarvis. All of them have mentioned Tony and given updates on his condition and state of mind regarding his wreck and the upcoming race.
Right?

The one person we have NOT heard from in any way shape or form was TONY STEWART. Let's see, he has spoken either in person or over the phone to all of the above. Are you telling me that he has not made any attempt to contact any member of the media to talk about this HUGE story?

To me you have to read between the lines on this one...I think he must be very unhappy with this recent turn of events to make as Wolfgang would say...NO COMMENT. Do any of you all feel the same way? Because until I hear something from Tony Stewart himself regarding this matter I will not make any judgment
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

KMOAutobahn

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:37 pm

Re: Is it me? What am I missing?

It may very well be that. Zippy mentioned at the very end of the press conference that this 'kurt busch proposition' was kinda sprung on all of them 2 weeks ago. In light of the recent developments, Tony has been made out to look like a backstabbing liar. I can't imagine he's real happy with all of this. Though I can't say for sure how he feels about the prospect of being potential teammates with Busch (somovabich can wheel a car), he can't be happy about the fact he had NO IDEA Gene Haas was going to offer kurt a contract and make Tony look like an a-hole.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:44 pm

^^^^^^^^^^me likey the new guy^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:33 am

I just was on a website that basically said that the under carriage bar of the car went through the back of Tony's leg and shattered his fibula and tibula and that he is being transported back and forth to his Drs apts. by ambulance on a stretcher...if this is the case, this is a much worse injury than I ever thought! Denny said he saw pictures of it and it is something no one wants to see... :cry: :cry: If you watched Zippy on that u tube video of the conference, you could tell that there is a whole lot more to this story than what was being told!
You have Tony hurt very badly and Mr Haas making all these plans. Zippy said GH wanted to bring Kurt in last year, which leads me to believe Ryans statement as to the fact he wants to go where someone wants him...Maybe Tony convinced him to keep Ryan another year.....and now since Tony is laid up he is doing what he wants. I know Tony has people surrounding him and protecting his interests, but there is something wrong with this picture! If this is the case Ryan is smart enough to figure this out......
If it was anyone else but KUB, this would not seem so unusual! But Tony, Steve, Zippy have such a history with him, talent or no talent sometimes "chemistry" is more important than the almighty dollar! One can only hope that his mouth will have a "keep it shut clause"!!!!! Tony is a very smart
business man, so I think we have to keep the faith and trust him. This story will eventually all leak out...to be continued..... :(

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:25 am

...what are you missin'???? Uhmmm...like Smoke...one good leg?!?! :o :shock: ;) :lol: ... :| ... :mrgreen:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:10 am

Annalee wrote:I just was on a website that basically said that the under carriage bar of the car went through the back of Tony's leg and shattered his fibula and tibula and that he is being transported back and forth to his Drs apts. by ambulance on a stretcher...if this is the case, this is a much worse injury than I ever thought! Denny said he saw pictures of it and it is something no one wants to see... :cry: :cry: If you watched Zippy on that u tube video of the conference, you could tell that there is a whole lot more to this story than what was being told!
You have Tony hurt very badly and Mr Haas making all these plans. Zippy said GH wanted to bring Kurt in last year, which leads me to believe Ryans statement as to the fact he wants to go where someone wants him...Maybe Tony convinced him to keep Ryan another year.....and now since Tony is laid up he is doing what he wants. I know Tony has people surrounding him and protecting his interests, but there is something wrong with this picture! If this is the case Ryan is smart enough to figure this out......
If it was anyone else but KUB, this would not seem so unusual! But Tony, Steve, Zippy have such a history with him, talent or no talent sometimes "chemistry" is more important than the almighty dollar! One can only hope that his mouth will have a "keep it shut clause"!!!!! Tony is a very smart
business man, so I think we have to keep the faith and trust him. This story will eventually all leak out...to be continued..... :(

If "chemistry" is so much more important than the almighty $$$$ why did he even bring in "Princess Sparkle Pony"?? The ONLY "chemistry" she has is with her "boy toy" and even THAT seems to be waning........... :shock: :shock: :shock: :?
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:37 am

nobody is thinking straight here, before DW was a wasted talkin head, now everybody loves him cuz he wrote a nice story about tony, then ya get the mental 2nd partner tryin to destroy the team
3rd tony had a serious injury and operations, leave him be
I miss you Frehley........
<<

MikeT

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:46 am

michaeljohn wrote:nobody is thinking straight here, before DW was a wasted talkin head, now everybody loves him cuz he wrote a nice story about tony, then ya get the mental 2nd partner tryin to destroy the team

I inclined to agree.
Now a "conspiracy theory"?
Come on people.

Mike
I'm with Smoke.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:35 am

He's got a lot better things to worry about right now than who may or may not be his teammate next year or the business decisions of the guy who started the team, bankrolled the team, and still owns half of it but if you ask a lot of the people here it seems he supposedly ceded all control in the process. This is a serious leg injury and it's gonna take work for him to even be back at Daytona in February. I would figure - I don't know for a fact obviously - that he is letting Gene and Zippy and Brett Frood and those folks all handle what happens with the race team while he focuses on fixing his leg that's busted up.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:55 am

MikeT wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:nobody is thinking straight here, before DW was a wasted talkin head, now everybody loves him cuz he wrote a nice story about tony, then ya get the mental 2nd partner tryin to destroy the team

I inclined to agree.
Now a "conspiracy theory"?
Come on people.

Mike

dont think i ever brought up a conspiracy, gene haas is a tool, he had that team almost 10 years and they were lucky to finish top 30, all the sudden tony ryan step in and start winning races, now haas is
trying to acquire media darling kurt busch, he is better off bein a silent partner, now if giving an opinion is a conspiracy, then this WHOLE website is just one big conspiracy.
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:58 am

I hope this entire thing doesn't implode. Tony has worked very hard to give Haas what he wanted. A championship race team seemed to be the object. That was done 2 years ago. During that time very little was heard from or seen Gene Haas. Even Tony's car is listed as owned by Gene's mother. Tony always mentioned Gene as being involved in what was going on. So when did he deceide that Kurt was going to be the answer to his dream team? Just the fact that Gene did all this while Tony was in the worst condition imaginable sort of makes one wonder where does Tony stand. Ya, he's half owner but it's Haas with the BIG MONEY. Looks complicated.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:26 pm

well nd, haas tried to get kurt last year, thats why it took so long to give ryan a new contract, but it sounds like they coudnt get sponsors ( go figure ) now that haas wants to use his own money to sponsor kurt, i guess maybe tony is ok with it. still rotten timing tho, it all started up two weeks ago
<<

TishR

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:39 pm

MJ you are so right on so many counts. Haas was a field filler for 10 years then in comes Tony and Ryan and wham legitimate team. That man has got to be off his rocker to start interfering in something that he could not get right in 10 years of trying.

If he thought so much of Kurt for all these years why didn't he bring Kurt in as the partner instead of Tony? Oh my another conspiracy theory! Slap my hands and keep me away from a keyboard!! LOL
Tish
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:04 pm

bein a ryan fan and i heard how SHR was makin room for 4, kinda bummed me out and frankly to look down on tony, but it appears it is all haas, im ok with ryan moving on, i dont see what the big deal with busch is, people here are excited, careful what ya wish for, you just may get it, and its in kurts nature to belittle people, the bright note in this for us ryan fans is that QL wants to stay with him, i wonder if haas went to them last your with kurt and thats why he didnt get signed, he just doesnt have that personality that could attract customers to sponsors.
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:26 pm

michaeljohn wrote:well nd, haas tried to get kurt last year, thats why it took so long to give ryan a new contract, but it sounds like they coudnt get sponsors ( go figure ) now that haas wants to use his own money to sponsor kurt, i guess maybe tony is ok with it. still rotten timing tho, it all started up two weeks ago

If this was the case with Haas and Busch a year ago how did that news was not get leaked? I guess I don't understand the Haas after Busch and if it's because he likes him what happens if and when Kurt has an out burst like he had because the secret service blocked his way into the garage. Is that going to be up to Tony to handle while Haas sits in California? This is not going to be pretty. If NASCAR wanted drama they surely will get it. At the moment it looks like Ryan is the lucky one if one of those good rides turn ou in his favor. This entire thing has given me a headache ove what might be reasonable. I think I'll have to stream "no comment" through my mind.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
Next

Return to Tony