FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Tony done, Mark in except Talladega

<<

ndunn

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:04 am

Re: Tony done, Mark in except Talladega

I'm hoping that Tony takes advantage of the rest of the season to heal and do the therapy as required for this type of injury. The rods that are put into this type of injury as others have stated is extremely serious and I read in one of the updates that the surgery was able to set the broken bones in perfect order for the rods. This is probably why Tony was urged to take the rest of the season off so he wouldn't loose what already has been done. I missed him Sunday in the car also interviews etc. what goes along with the race. Just the fact no one was mentioning Tony just didn't seem right.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

housesandhogans

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:28 am

I like having Mark Martin there, not only because I like the guy, but I think he's shown that he is flexible. What I mean, is that by some miracle of miracles (and only if he can do it safely), Tony can/wants/is able to get in the car for a few laps - maybe one of the last races, I think Mark would work with him on that. I think have MM will give Tony options - IF he wants or can do them. Even though we are counting him out for the season (as we should to let him heal), this is Tony - a determined man. Who knows what he will come up with in the next few months?
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:12 am

housesandhogans wrote:I like having Mark Martin there, not only because I like the guy, but I think he's shown that he is flexible. What I mean, is that by some miracle of miracles (and only if he can do it safely), Tony can/wants/is able to get in the car for a few laps - maybe one of the last races, I think Mark would work with him on that. I think have MM will give Tony options - IF he wants or can do them. Even though we are counting him out for the season (as we should to let him heal), this is Tony - a determined man. Who knows what he will come up with in the next few months?

There's nothing to gain by getting in the car at this point. Maybe to do some testing, but not in a race situation. He's determined but he's also realistic.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:47 am

I just would like to hear from Tony, his voice........just him saying, I am okay, still alive and I will be back. A phone call in to Dale Jarrett, anyone......hearing his voice , would do a lot for his fans! It would make having MM in his car an easier pill to swallow......sorry I am not a MM fan...he hung Tony out at Daytona and I have a very long memory and can hold a grudge for a very long time.... Don't mess with my driver.....so you can see yesterday was not a good day for me. No Tony for the rest of the year, MM and Kurt all in the same day..Yikes,my friends called to see if I was all right.......today I hope will be better.... :( :?

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:00 am

Hang in there, Annalee. ;)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:46 am

Annalee wrote:I just would like to hear from Tony, his voice........just him saying, I am okay, still alive and I will be back. A phone call in to Dale Jarrett, anyone......hearing his voice , would do a lot for his fans! It would make having MM in his car an easier pill to swallow......sorry I am not a MM fan...he hung Tony out at Daytona and I have a very long memory and can hold a grudge for a very long time.... Don't mess with my driver.....so you can see yesterday was not a good day for me. No Tony for the rest of the year, MM and Kurt all in the same day..Yikes,my friends called to see if I was all right.......today I hope will be better.... :( :?

Annalee I know just what you mean. It's emotional enough to make a person cry. I understand why what and where things have to be done but after your post I realize I would like to hear his voice also and maybe a short video to see him in person. During last Sundays race I felt something as if there was a large void. Tony wasn't in the #14 and no one ever mentioned him that I remember. I wasn't ready for the Kurt Busch thing and I can't see where things are at the moment and it is like a nightmare. I feel bad for Tony and Ryan and can't see where Kurt can make things better. :( :( :( Sad is the right word.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:33 pm

if you really care about him as you say you do, let him have him space and heal, it is more emotional for him than it is you, it will also be mentally taxing on him
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:40 pm

True. As busy as Tony has been these past few years, can you imagine what it must be like for him mentally to have to stay laying down with his leg elevated? Can't go anywhere, can't do anything. The physical pain, if he really has any, would be minor by comparison. He's probably going mad.

It's probably more mentally painful for him than physical pain. The physical pain will return when he starts rehab, but at least he'll be doing something.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:44 pm

i have had a issue with my right leg for 3 years, nothing serious, but it holds me back sometimes and i get treatment every week for it and it is frustrating, so he is just learning to deal with it and for anyone it is a big adjustment, but im sure once the doc tells him its ok to drop the leg and start walking, he will be at the track and happy also yelling at reporters for askin dumb questions :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:31 pm

Love it as much as one can under the circumstances. Can't wait to see how the rest of the season plays out now. Didn't care much with Max or Austin in the car, probably wouldn't have with Regan Smith or someone similar. Mark Martin? I'm about as amped up as one can be with their favorite driver on the sidelines.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

beaverpond

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:54 pm

Think he remembers how to drive a Chevy...after all it has been a few years. :mrgreen:
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:14 pm

humina, humina, humina, woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Have they installed the booster seat yet? [yawn]

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:00 pm

Parts of Mark's "booster" seat on top of the #14

Booster Seat.jpg
Parts of Mark's seat for the #14
Booster Seat.jpg (81.05 KiB) Viewed 671 times

At least there are no rookie stripes on the #14 this week. :lol: :lol:

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Jellikit

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:41 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Tony