FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kurt Busch to SHR

<<

crazy4racing14ts

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:20 am

Re: Kurt Busch to SHR

I guess my question is what would Gene Haas have done if Tony hadn't broken his leg? Would he still have went ahead and offered Kurt a contract without Tony's knowledge? While I know that Gene holds most of the money in this deal, its still a shame that he couldn't treat Tony like the 50/50 partner they agreed to be. Instead he treated him like a hired employee who is not involved in major decisions with the team. Also what was Gene's hurry....Furniture Row didn't offer Kurt a contract extension until last Friday afternoon. Why couldn't have he waited a week or so until Tony was out of the hospital? Even though we have learned that Tony is "on board" with the decision now, I can understand why he would have been very upset.

I just feel bad for Tony...its been a rough couple of weeks for him.

Looking forward to 2014! :D
<<

im4tony

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:05 am

crazy4racing14ts wrote:I guess my question is what would Gene Haas have done if Tony hadn't broken his leg? Would he still have went ahead and offered Kurt a contract without Tony's knowledge? While I know that Gene holds most of the money in this deal, its still a shame that he couldn't treat Tony like the 50/50 partner they agreed to be. Instead he treated him like a hired employee who is not involved in major decisions with the team. Also what was Gene's hurry....Furniture Row didn't offer Kurt a contract extension until last Friday afternoon. Why couldn't have he waited a week or so until Tony was out of the hospital? Even though we have learned that Tony is "on board" with the decision now, I can understand why he would have been very upset.

I just feel bad for Tony...its been a rough couple of weeks for him.

Looking forward to 2014! :D

I agree with all you said. I feel bad for Tony too. Tony will be okay and he will get back on his feet, not only physically but emotionally as well after all this trauma to Tony's body and to Tony's team.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

TheSirenKnight

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:39 pm

I don't care that Kurt has attitude. I care that he comes off as a complete asshat most of the time. He is a good driver though and SHR could do worse.
I see the Newman situation much like the Grubbs situation. Just because they pulled a few Hail Mary's on their way out the door doesn't change their overall performance. Besides I'm sure the public gets about 1/3 of the total story on a good day. Meanwhile - as someone else stated... It's business. We don't like to think of sports being businesses but they are.
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:07 pm

Gene Haas was in a hurry because RCR and Furniture Row both wanted Kurt.Thou i may be wrong,but i believe Tony owns 51% of the company and may not be extemely happy about the Kurt deal,i'm sure he went along with it in part with Gene.
Kurt is an excellant driver despite his attitude at times and i would call him as equally as good as Tony or Kevin if his attitude continues to change.
The only reason Donica is there is because of the sponsor,in part the reason Kevin is coming because his sponsors are with him not RCR.When it comes to bussiness,friendship only goes so far and thou many may not agree,i agree with Gene with a change.
Ryan hasn't performed well the last year or so before he left Penske on,hasn't at SHR,so maybe the changes are best for everyone.Best hopes and wishes to Ryan where ever he lands,i'd like to see him be competetive again and it's obvious it's not gonna happen here.
Harvick runs well at RCR for what it is,just hope he is able to actually compete for a championship here at SHR.Seems like everyone is taking a gamble and sometimes it takes shaking things up a bit to change things around for the better,but sometimes it can backfire.
Paul Menard is at RCR because of his sponsor,do you really think it's because of his talent and if so,then why has his fathers company been sponsoring him all this time and no one else?
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:14 am

Tweet from Kevin Harvick:

Kevin Harvick ‏@KevinHarvick “@benvance29: @KevinHarvick have you and @KurtBusch buried the hatchet and ready to be teammates?” Yep we both just want to win!
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:34 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:Tweet from Kevin Harvick:

Kevin Harvick ‏@KevinHarvick “@benvance29: @KevinHarvick have you and @KurtBusch buried the hatchet and ready to be teammates?” Yep we both just want to win!

Sorry HH, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Wait till the first time they get into each other and he'll bury the hatchet alright!
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:05 am

wolfgang wrote:
HiddenHollow wrote:Tweet from Kevin Harvick:

Sorry HH, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Wait till the first time they get into each other and he'll bury the hatchet alright!

You could be right. But publicly, what's he gonna say... I hate the S.O.B.?!? No. Kevin, like Tony, will say the "right" thing and put on a Happy face. (see what I did there?) :lol: :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

KH4Fan

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:18 pm

Kevin and Kurt buried the hatchet a while ago. They have essentially been teammates all year and Kevin has had real positive things to say about Kurt all year; especially with regards to how good of a teammate he is and how much he has helped RCR this year. I wouldn't worry about Kevin/Kurt next year.
<<

housesandhogans

Post Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:15 pm

I think a whole lot of what happens next year will rest on Kurt. If he's determined to be a good team mate, then I think things will be ok. But, if he feels he has Haas' blessing to go out there and do whatever he wants, even to wrecking his team mates, then I think Tony and Kevin won't feel so kindly to him as they are talking now. But, I do think that Tony and Kevin will start out being positive and politically correct with welcoming him into the fold. But, if having a 4th team really stresses out the company and has them start off slow like they did in 2013...............then we'll see how Kurt handles it. Only time will tell.
<<

dirt93

Post Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:29 pm

I imagine Tony and Kevin are starting out optimistic but I doubt that will last long. Kurt will be typical Kurt and implode as usual.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:55 pm

Kevin winds up with the same cluster -uck type team Ryan had,then you'll see or hear chit hit the fan! Kevin, unlike Ryan, will say something if that happens and we'll all know about it! :lol:
<<

KMOAutobahn

Post Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:46 am

I think there's a misconception that kurt's a bad teammate. Historically, he's never had problems or run ins with his teammates at the time. Brad K. still thinks the world of Kurt...Ryan , never had a problem with kurt while they were at penske....none of the roush guys.

I know he's had incidents with FORMER teammates after he's left an organization, but for the most part, he treats his teammates pretty well.
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:06 pm

I don't think Kurt will do anything to upset anyone. He knows Gene went after him so he won't mess that up. If he does then he is crazier than all get out and should be out of chances. The man did the damage to himself with two owners perhaps now is the time to show everyone he is serious about racing. I think he is very lucky to have someone place millions on the table just for him to drive. There is alot out there would like the same chance.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:00 am

I never heard, maybe some of you did - how long a contract did Kurt sign (years)?

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:10 am

HiddenHollow wrote:I never heard, maybe some of you did - how long a contract did Kurt sign (years)?

I think I read three years..... :? I really didn't pay that much attention........

After watching Kurt in his post race interview......I like him, and I will give him a chance to prove me wrong! :lol: :lol: He seems to have to have changed, I think Patricia Driscoll and her son Houston have changed him......he now has to be a role model for that little boy....one can only hope!
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
PreviousNext

Return to Tony