FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kurt Busch to SHR

<<

osoblu

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:36 am

Re: Kurt Busch to SHR

This quote from yesterday sums all this up

Zippy: "We built a rubber room upstairs. That's the first thing we did."

My opinion, they'll be a powerhouse but will suffer alot of growing pains. Heck they don't even have enough physical room for 4 teams. I hope I can find a video of this presser. From what Jenna Fryer said Zippy's looks during it tell the whole unbelievable story.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:23 am

Y'all are blowing the Kurt Busch part of it out of proportion. It was the early expansion that Tony was against at first, not Kurt. Gene stood pat on it, and Tony "came around" on it. No I'm not fond with all of the wording he used yesterday either, but what's done is done. If they're smart they'll band together, make it happen, and go win themselves some races next year and put a car or two (or three) in the Chase.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:33 am

Kevin's take:

@KevinHarvick Here's my take on @KurtBusch. I have seen what he brings to the table and enjoyed working with him this year!! 100% supporter! #letswin

It's gone now but someone tweeted him something about him being happy that the family that cost him a truck title in 2011 is now a teammate and saying he changed. He said "Let's not get carried away, I'd still like to knock his brother's teeth out." Dunno who made him delete it but it gave me a good laugh when I saw it.

Clint Bowyer also said that he changed to which Kevin brought up Clint's infamous "Michael Waltrip is the worst driver in NASCAR, period" remark from 2008. Mikey then chimed in "Why y'all bringing me into this?" It was pretty funny.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:34 am

its amazing you have all the insight of tony, only you no one else, what i read since this morning, tony is not thrilled of the idea, so until tony says anything, you or i know nothing, and then even when he does say anything, he will lie, thats all these people do is lie, from HMS to front row, they lie to cover up so it makes like everyone is happy.
<<

KH4Fan

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:16 am

Definitely disturbing to see Haas do this deal the way he did it. It doesn't seem like a smart way to do business and also seems like it could put a wedge between himself and Tony. I would love for Tony to "leave the building" and start a new SHR - Stewart Harvick Racing. Let's not forget who Tony brough over to SHR. Kevin is not only one of Tony's best friends, but is also one helluva business man himself, and consistently brings great sponsorship. When KHI was up and running, no one had a better truck program and his Nationwide program was top 2 or 3 every year as well. Can you imagine the team these two could put together if they "left the building"?
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:04 pm

All the Tony haters are foaming at the mouth with the "I told you so". What's wrong with that is the fact the public knows veryt little and what we've been told is what the media has reported. Who ever said they didn't LIE or get their facts wrong? Or even got facts.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

TishR

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:44 pm

I guess people are going to blame Tony no matter what. Gene had hurt the image of SHR and Tony by not considering all the consequences and I am sorry but a company with a tarnished reputation has one heck of time doing business with anyone. I just hope Tony and his team can start making repairs. Gene is unfortunately going to find out money cannot buy everything and he is going to find it out the hard way. I was transferred to a company that had a bad reputation and it took us about 2-3 years to start making head way into changing how people looked at us and began trusting the company again.

There is an article on USA.com about this deal and Gene comes out and says "he overstepped his authority a tick" when he signed Kurt and that it took Tony a lot longer to come around than a couple of days.
Tish
<<

Jellikit

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:58 pm

As I stated in this thread a while ago...it doesn't matter that Tony wasn't in on it. It just makes him look bad. Why would a part-owner not know of this? Are we really to believe that Tony would allow this type of decision to be made by a company with his name at the front of it? I doubt it.
BUT!!!!.....Since Haas wants to call it all like this, we'll play along and see how long it takes for one thing. .....
....The inevitable implosion of SHR.
I don't think it will even take 2 seasons. I mean, how easy can we predict that Gene's car, Kurt, will be trying to one up Tony, and probably Kevin (who all of the sudden seems pretty insignificant), in attempting to better the other "half" of the ownership. Listening to Haas' statements, he's jealous, and Kurt is now, his baby. I can see it now, Tony and Kevin on one side of the garage, and they don't have Gene's driver included in the convo.
It may look all rosy on the outside, but judging by Haas' comments, things are going to be quite edgy and testy in the SHR camp.
BTW, how does someone like Haas become so inept at public speaking? I'm sorry, but I just want to slap the BS coming out of his mouth, out of the way, while I try to read between the lines and find truth.
<<

Annalee

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:44 pm

Jelli....just because GH has a boat load of money, doesn't necessarily mean he has any "class"! The two of them together without a filter on the mouth.......interesting?!?

The newspapers from here have stated expansion of SHR complex has started........ :lol:
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

newmanfan3914

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:22 pm

I can't wait for Kurt to show up at a debrief after a race with Hendrick teams and tell them what's wrong. lol
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:40 pm

Jellikit wrote:As I stated in this thread a while ago...it doesn't matter that Tony wasn't in on it. It just makes him look bad. Why would a part-owner not know of this? Are we really to believe that Tony would allow this type of decision to be made by a company with his name at the front of it? I doubt it.
BUT!!!!.....Since Haas wants to call it all like this, we'll play along and see how long it takes for one thing. .....
....The inevitable implosion of SHR.
I don't think it will even take 2 seasons. I mean, how easy can we predict that Gene's car, Kurt, will be trying to one up Tony, and probably Kevin (who all of the sudden seems pretty insignificant), in attempting to better the other "half" of the ownership. Listening to Haas' statements, he's jealous, and Kurt is now, his baby. I can see it now, Tony and Kevin on one side of the garage, and they don't have Gene's driver included in the convo.
It may look all rosy on the outside, but judging by Haas' comments, things are going to be quite edgy and testy in the SHR camp.
BTW, how does someone like Haas become so inept at public speaking? I'm sorry, but I just want to slap the BS coming out of his mouth, out of the way, while I try to read between the lines and find truth.

I'm at a loss about anything Haas does. His speaking ability is almost none. If one goes back to any time to having a microphone stuck in his face he rarely said more than three words. I'm not sure what this means but I can put my own words in. I don't think I dare here. Maybe farther down the line when I know more. Unless Haas is dumber than a box of rocks I'd think he'd back off on the mouthy stuff. I don't think everyone out there has forgotten about the tax episode. It may not mean much except to his reputation if that means anything.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

<<

wolfgang

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:28 pm

WOW!! All this over Kurt Busch :?: Gene Haas is smarter than i thought!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:33 pm

Lets put it this way way more drama than any one would have expected.

<<

Rachael J

Post Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:03 pm

I will be cheering on Smoke in 2014! :D As for the rest of SHR, Harvicks alright, but the other 2 there, ughhhhh, NAW Thanks!!!
My Favorite Drivers Dale Earnhardt Jr., Tony Stewart, Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Kasey Kahne
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:13 am

Rachael J wrote:I will be cheering on Smoke in 2014! :D As for the rest of SHR, Harvicks alright, but the other 2 there, ughhhhh, NAW Thanks!!!

Rachael, you & I think alike on this. I'm here because of Tony. Kevin is OK, but the other two...
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
PreviousNext

Return to Tony