FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

UPDATE FROM ZIPPY........:-(

<<

ndunn

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:52 am

Re: UPDATE FROM ZIPPY........:-(

onerockindoc wrote:I'm writing to you all to tell you that it's just not necessary.....I'm already here and doing a bang up job if I do say so myself :P :P :P :P :P

I just knew you'd beat everybody to Lake Norman (that is where he is right?) that's pretty good with an owie! How is that coming along? I did the same thing some time ago and it was over a month before the pain was gone.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:41 am

dirt93 wrote:Maybe a sponge bath?? hehehe

That's what I was expecting. ;)

Anyone else?
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

kim92164

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:59 pm

I'll wash his feet, back, head, arms, he can wash in between, lol. Got to keep his cell phone close to him so that he's not tempted to get up and get it himself. Shoot, I can even cook a good home cooked meal
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:58 pm

Kim I bet he could use a good home cooked meal. All that hospital food and take out from the nearest Burger King gets sort of boring. Best Hospital food I ever ate in a hopital was the 7th day Adventist in Shawnee Mission, Kansas. My grandson was born there and I ate in the dining room while visiting. I believe they are vegetarian but they serve meat for those that want it.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

<<

onerockindoc

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:35 pm

Hospitals have come a long way in their food quality. Patients here get their choice of what they'd like to eat and it tends to be pretty good.

I would imagine our Smoke is not the best patient.

I'm fine y'all. It would probably be helpful if I would stay at home with my feet up.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Paige31460

Post Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:33 pm

1. Kim
2. Smokieonefour
3. HH
4. Annalee
5. Rachael J
6. Paige31460

I can cook! I'm not at the level of my mom or late grandma but I can make some pretty decent meals. Also have the ability to make food that ranges from not-so-healthy to healthy. :)

In all seriousness, while I love Tony and want him back as soon as possible, I don't want him to rush back with a non-fully healed injury. Would hate to see something happen and him face more problems. Want him racing as long as he wants to.

I hope his leg is healing like it's supposed to and he's able to come back as soon as he's 100%.

One more thought: I really really missed Tony today. It seemed a bit easier last weekend since I really like Max and I like to watch road course racing anyway but today I just couldn't get into it. It's just not the same without him in the 14.
Racing Super Fan

Favorite Drivers: Tony Stewart, Kyle Busch, Kurt Busch, Helio Castroneves, Simon Pagenaud, Ozz Negri, John Pew, Jenson Button, Kimi Raikkonen
Favorite Teams: Stewart-Haas Racing, Michael Shank Racing, Joe Gibbs Racing
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:08 am

And during my shift, I want to talk to him about this offer to Kurt Busch. :x
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

TishR

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:12 am

HH I agree with you about a long conversation. With hold all food until some answers come forth!
Tish
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:17 am

TishR wrote:HH I agree with you about a long conversation. With hold all food until some answers come forth!

But, keep the leg elevated while talking. ;) :lol:

Hey Tony, no soda cookies (Monster Energy cookies) until you explain this to me...

Maybe his morphine drip has been turned up too high and it's affecting his judgement. :? Have no idea what Gene's excuse is. :|

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:34 am

I just have to believe this is Gene Haas.......tooooooooooo many pain meds for Tony!?! I wonder if Tony because of his injury can't drive next year!?!? I need to sit down again!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Doc are you okay? Did you get hurt too? Or are these sympathy pains??? :( :(
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:50 am

Kurt Busch headed to Stewart-Haas? UPDATE Busch's comments Stewart Haas Racing has submitted a formal offer to #78-Kurt Busch to drive a fourth Sprint Cup entry beginning in 2014, multiple NASCAR sources have confirmed to ESPN.com. The proposed deal would team Busch with team owner Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick and Danica Patrick in the SHR stable. Asked for confirmation Sunday, SHR spokesman Mike Arning submitted the following statement via email: "Stewart-Haas Racing constantly strives to improve itself, and expansion is something that is often discussed. If the right opportunity presents itself, it's something the team will certainly consider." Busch was unavailable for comment Sunday night. Sources said Haas/CNC would sponsor Busch's car, should he choose to sign with SHR. Busch has performed quite well this season in the #78 Chevy from Furniture Row Racing, but team sources say FRR has yet to offer him a contract extension.(ESPN)
AND Sources tell FOXSports.com that Kurt Busch has been made a formal, multiyear offer to join Stewart-Haas Racing next season. The offer was made before Stewart's sprint-car accident on Aug. 5. Neither Stewart, who is recovering from a broken leg sustained in that sprint-car accident, nor Gene Haas was at the track this weekend. SHR competition director Greg Zipadelli, meanwhile, laughed at the notion. We still have to fill the 14, Zipadelli said. However, he did not dispute that SHR has room to expand at its Concord, N.C., campus.(FoxSports)
UPDATE: Responding to reports that he has a formal contract offer from Stewart Haas Racing to drive a fourth Sprint Cup entry for the organization in 2014, Busch told ESPN.com that he has multiple opportunities for next season. He did not address Stewart Haas Racing specifically though he did say nothing was signed as of Monday morning. "I've received offers from multiple teams," Busch said. "This isn't a decision I'm taking lightly. I'm looking at what teams have planned long term and want to be in a place where my opinion and input is valued. I like to be involved in the
process like I have been here at Furniture Row. At the same time, I was hoping to not have this distraction while working with my guys to get us in the Chase."(ESPN)(8-19-2013)

When the ink is dry I will believe it!!
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:03 am

I've already posted what I think of this and I also agree with Annalee with "when the ink drys on a contract" . I'd be really disappointed if they do go ahead with this as Tony said perhaps they could bring Ryan back when they have the sponsorship to fund 4 teams. But then business is business.

<<

Smoke_14

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:14 pm

What some fail to remember on here is that one, this is a business. Millions of dollars and many people's livelihoods depend on the performance of that investment. Secondly, this isn't exactly Tony calling all the shots here. Yes he is the face of the franchise and has a huge say in what happens, but if Gene Haas wants something changed, or wants to bring in certain personal, then I highly doubt Tony could or would veto him. You can't mix business with personal and SHR is doing the right thing. They have given Ryan many many opportunities to suceed here at SHR. It hasn't really happened. I would be willing to bet bottom dollar that Kevin would outperform Ryan next year at SHR. And if Kurt does actually join SHR, I would state he would outperform Ryan as well. Ryan is good, and overall a nice guy from what I hear. But Kevin and Kurt talent-wise have it over Ryan.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:29 pm

While I have heartburn over Ryan being released, I can live with it. But, I have NEVER liked KuBu's driving dating back to his Penske days (and before) and his tirades during interviews.

I could go on and on but you all know about these incidents already. YouTube is loaded with them.

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

smokieonefour

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:19 pm

With so many ladies offering to take care of Tony .... seems like we need a little ... wait for it....

"Smokerotica" story! LOL

( On the old board we had a place for Tony stories that we'd make up. )

This is for every lady that dreams at night .... :-)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Everything was so quiet. There was no outside world noise to be heard, just the birds chirping and the wind in the trees. Standing at the edge of a lake, alone, I looked out into it's endlessness. The lake and the water seemed to stretch on forever... and somewhere out there, in need of rescue, was my life. My eyes scanned the water, as if looking for a buoy marked "My Life" when a strange noise came from the distance. It sounded off, as in a pulse, coming steady and then pausing. What was that sound?

Oh! It was my cell phone ringing! I opened my tired eyes and looked at the clock - 9:30 a.m. Too early to take a call, ( heck it was too early to focus on caller ID! ) plus today was the start of my 3 day vacation and I was determined to sleep in and possibly, sleep the day away. What was the use in getting up anyway? My boyfriend had made it clear last night that our on-again, off-again relationship was now officially over - he'd met someone else.

I wasn't really too upset about losing HIM, per se ... as I was at watching another relationship dissolve like sugar in a coffee cup. Would I ever find the true love that everyone promised me I'd find? In my current mood, it seemed unlikely. So as I tossed and turned the night away, I decided I would not be sad about the break up, and just move on. I had three whole days to myself to think about things, plan a new life strategy and put things into new priorities.

One thing I was going to do, was devote more time to my work as a visiting nurse. Helping others would help me more than focusing on my own dreary, boring life. It was with this thought in my head, that I listened to the voice mail. Shoot... it was from work. They have a new job for me, an adult male with a broken leg, who just had surgery. Could I possibly start today, even tho it was my vacation time off? A broken leg? That would be easy. The patient is bed ridden and it's just the usual routine, right?

I called work, agreed and got all the information. The home address did not seem familiar to me, and I had to pull out a map to find it. Way out in the boonies. Hmmm.... must be one of those private estates out there. I showered, got dressed, packed my work bag and with clip board in hand I said out loud ... "OK Mr Johnson, I'm on my way."

Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
PreviousNext

Return to Tony