FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

UPDATE FROM ZIPPY........:-(

<<

Annalee

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:30 pm

UPDATE FROM ZIPPY........:-(

I hope each day is better than the last..... And a speedy recovery......we miss you!
Tony Stewart's return uncertain
Updated: August 16, 2013, 12:54 PM ET
By K. Lee Davis
BROOKLYN, Mich. -- Tony Stewart may be resting at home after breaking his right leg in two places Aug. 5 in a sprint car accident, but Stewart-Haas Racing competition director Greg Zipadelli doesn't make it sound as though Stewart is doing it comfortably.

"He's supposed to be in bed and keep his leg elevated above his heart for the next seven days ... just to keep the swelling and stuff of that nature down," Zipadelli said at Michigan International Speedway on Friday.

If that makes it sound like Stewart won't be driving again soon, that's because missing as much as another month -- or even the rest of the season -- is very possible.

"We've been working under the assumption that he's out for the next month or so, or longer," Zipadelli said. "He went to the doctor this week, he had a decent visit -- no setbacks. ... I saw him on Wednesday night, and we spent some time together. ... He's in great spirits. He's going through a transition period. The next seven to 14 days will tell a lot about how [the leg] heals, whether things take. We'll update you guys as we can, but it's going to be a really slow process."

Zipadelli and the rest of the SHR brain trust, including Stewart, are working on plans for replacement drivers for the rest of the season. Austin Dillon gets the nod this Sunday in the Pure Michigan 400 (1 p.m. ET, ESPN and WatchESPN) and likely again for at least one more race, Zipadelli said.

Dillon, who drives for his grandfather at Richard Childress Racing in the Nationwide Series, is eager to see what he can do for Stewart's team, even though there won't be a great deal of sharing of inside information, since SHR is aligned with Hendrick Motorsports and RCR is a top Chevrolet rival.

"I've been able to be pretty successful at finishing a lot of laps in my career," Dillon said. "We'll try to be there for a top-15 at the end of the race, and that would be great, and we do that by being there at the end."

As for another replacement driver for Stewart, Zipadelli said the team should have things in place by the Bristol night race next Saturday.

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:55 pm

Re: UPDATE FROM ZIPPY........:-(

As much as I will miss seeing Tony race I'd rather he followed Doctors orders and got his life on track healthy. If anyone complains of him not racing then I'd think they didn't care much for the man. That would be selfish and not in the best interest. Hang in there Tony things will get better every day.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

smokieonefour

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 4:48 pm

I volunteer, free of charge, to help assist with ...

"He's supposed to be in bed and keep his leg elevated.."

Yea... I could do that. :twisted:
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

kim92164

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:30 pm

If he does miss the rest of the season the races won't be the same. BUT I'd rather have a well and healthy Tony racing with a completely healed leg, instead of an unhealed leg. Believe me Tony, please, please listen to the doctors I know what it's like to have a break not heal correctly. Been there, done that and I'm still paying for it. Smokieonefour, I'll help to take care of him gladly. :D
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 5:45 pm

We all could rotate shifts taking care of him. :mrgreen: Where's the sign-up sheet?

Get well, Tony. Listen to your doctors. We would rather you take all the time your body needs to heal properly, than to come back too soon and suffer a setback.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

*****Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500*****
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:12 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:We all could rotate shifts taking care of him. :mrgreen: Where's the sign-up sheet?

Get well, Tony. Listen to your doctors. We would rather you take all the time your body needs to heal properly, than to come back too soon and suffer a setback.

1. Smokieonefour
2. HH
3. Annalee
6. :lol: :lol:

I even fell asleep during qualifying .......I NEVER fall asleep during qualifying.....no Tony....no fun, no interest! :( :(

I # Support Smoke
<<

Rachael J

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:35 pm

kim92164 wrote:If he does miss the rest of the season the races won't be the same. BUT I'd rather have a well and healthy Tony racing with a completely healed leg, instead of an unhealed leg. Believe me Tony, please, please listen to the doctors I know what it's like to have a break not heal correctly. Been there, done that and I'm still paying for it. Smokieonefour, I'll help to take care of him gladly. :D

I agree. Yes, we all want a healthy Tony! But I sure do miss him. :( You can also throw my name on the list too! I'll be happy to help out! ;)
GO PACKERS!
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:29 pm

1. Smokieonefour
2. HH
3. Annalee
4. Rachael J

There ya go. :mrgreen:

The rest of you don't be shy. We can add as many row numbers as needed. ;)
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:37 pm

I'm writing to you all to tell you that it's just not necessary.....I'm already here and doing a bang up job if I do say so myself :P :P :P :P :P
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

TishR

Post Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:42 pm

Sign me up!

He does need to listen to the doctor and take as much time as that leg needs to fully heal. I want a Tony Stewart on track that is 100% then one that is only at 50% and possibly screwing up his leg for the rest of his life.
Tish
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:09 am

Rachael J wrote:
kim92164 wrote:If he does miss the rest of the season the races won't be the same. BUT I'd rather have a well and healthy Tony racing with a completely healed leg, instead of an unhealed leg. Believe me Tony, please, please listen to the doctors I know what it's like to have a break not heal correctly. Been there, done that and I'm still paying for it. Smokieonefour, I'll help to take care of him gladly. :D

I agree. Yes, we all want a healthy Tony! But I sure do miss him. :( You can also throw my name on the list too! I'll be happy to help out! ;)

Add me too!!! :lol: Trying to stay interested in Nascar - but it just isn't the same. I actually enjoyed listening to Dirtvision tonight more than I was interested in qualifying and practice for Cup. Donny Schatz won two races and Steve Kinser came in 6th! They both are actually doing really well since Tony's been out. Maybe they're trying to do their bit to put a smile on Tony's face. ;)
<<

kim92164

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:43 am

HiddenHollow wrote:SIGN UP LIST..........copy and paste
1. Smokieonefour
2. HH
3. Annalee
4. Rachael J

There ya go. :mrgreen:

The rest of you don't be shy. We can add as many row numbers as needed. ;)

I volunteered first, lol. It's back on page 4 of the original post of Tony flipping. Actually it was me and a coworker of mine. lol
<<

Annalee

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:12 am

1. Kim
2. Smokieonefour
3. HH
4. Annalee
5. Rachael J

Corrected a error, Kim did call it first.....

There ya go.

The rest of you don't be shy. We can add as many row numbers as needed.

I # Support Smoke
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:26 am

So what would the care-givers responsibilities be? Make sure he keeps that right leg elevated (fluff pillow). Get him a Schlitz. Keep him supplied with soda-cookies. Make sure his cell phone battery is always charged so he doesn't miss any important SHR phone calls. Teach him to Twitter. Get him a Whopper. Apply Mobil 1 to the joints of that right leg (application to left leg optional) to keep him limber.

Add anything else you can think of to the list. (this should be fun... especially from the ladies) :roll: :mrgreen: ;) :lol:

<<

dirt93

Post Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:40 am

Maybe a sponge bath?? hehehe
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
Next

Return to Tony