FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Stewart causes large wreck in sprint car race

<<

Rachael J

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:48 pm

Re: Stewart causes large wreck in sprint car race

Annalee wrote:Glad Tony wasn't hurt.....but as for getting out the checkbook....Tony is always very generous and some people just think they can take advantage of that....But with all that happened that is called racing...

I agree! Just racing...
My Favorite Drivers Dale Earnhardt Jr., Tony Stewart, Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Kasey Kahne
<<

housesandhogans

Post Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:54 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:I completely understand other drivers being mad about their ruined race cars by a part time driver millionaire.
What I think should be pointed out is his attitude towards Kinser calling his teammate an A-hole for not letting him by, but putting his car where it didn't belong, taking out the field.
If you are a fan of his & agreed with him about kinser, then you sure as Beeep should be mad at Smoke for his move wrecking these other guys cars. When I say mad more or less mean you should understand all these comment by these other teams, instead of having how dare they attitude. What Kinser did was nothing compared to what Tony did.
Don't know if there was any shoestring budget guys (for WoOs) that got caught up in the wreck, but my sympathy would go to them & not tony. & the guy that had to go to the hospital.

I would completely understand if it was the other team/teams who were making the comments about his deep pockets. IT WASN"T! This was someone in the stands talking that way. The reality is, what business is it of their's whether Tony helps out the other drivers after an accident or not? His comments in an interview that he did today showed that he was still bothered by this accident. I guess my point is, every time there is an accident in any race, does the person who caused it have to feel like they have to pay (monetarily) for it? I don't think so, or it wouldn't be racing.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:01 am

Schmoop, you can FOE any member here and their posts are ignored on your feed as long as you are signed in.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:06 am

housesandhogans wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:I completely understand other drivers being mad about their ruined race cars by a part time driver millionaire.
What I think should be pointed out is his attitude towards Kinser calling his teammate an A-hole for not letting him by, but putting his car where it didn't belong, taking out the field.
If you are a fan of his & agreed with him about kinser, then you sure as Beeep should be mad at Smoke for his move wrecking these other guys cars. When I say mad more or less mean you should understand all these comment by these other teams, instead of having how dare they attitude. What Kinser did was nothing compared to what Tony did.
Don't know if there was any shoestring budget guys (for WoOs) that got caught up in the wreck, but my sympathy would go to them & not tony. & the guy that had to go to the hospital.

I would completely understand if it was the other team/teams who were making the comments about his deep pockets. IT WASN"T! This was someone in the stands talking that way. The reality is, what business is it of their's whether Tony helps out the other drivers after an accident or not? His comments in an interview that he did today showed that he was still bothered by this accident. I guess my point is, every time there is an accident in any race, does the person who caused it have to feel like they have to pay (monetarily) for it? I don't think so, or it wouldn't be racing.

my bad. I thought you guys were talking about the driver who made some comments about tony. he didn't sound to happy even though tony took the blame.
I just know on a personal level at our local tracks when guys showed up with all their money cars & drove through our locals causing damage, it was never well received in the (back) pits. Conversations fans (in the stands) never get to hear or see! granted we never had TV cameras & pit reporters to worry about.
ImageImageImage
<<

HTower

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:01 am

Schmoopy1000 wrote:whats a FOE list?

If you go to your Control Panel at the top of this page(link is in blue). On the Control panel, there is a section called "Manage Foes" On it, you can add other forum members (*cough* racer1 *cough*) to the list. Once you do that, the posts appear hidden on the forum, and if you really did want to see what they wrote, you would have to click a link.

There is also a manage Friends section on the control panel, but despite having a few people on it, I haven't seen anything different about them.
<<

housesandhogans

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:21 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
housesandhogans wrote:

my bad. I thought you guys were talking about the driver who made some comments about tony. he didn't sound to happy even though tony took the blame.
I just know on a personal level at our local tracks when guys showed up with all their money cars & drove through our locals causing damage, it was never well received in the (back) pits. Conversations fans (in the stands) never get to hear or see! granted we never had TV cameras & pit reporters to worry about.

Schmoopy, I have wondered how that goes over with other "local" drivers when a "big star" shows up. I'm thinking there are two sides to it. The tracks probably welcome the attention and the thought of getting more people into their bleachers and then getting more new fans of racing in general. Brings in more revenue when a "star" shows up. The other side being the drivers who race week in and week out and maybe feel they aren't getting the attention they deserve. I can understand their frustration at having that "star' there as a sort of interloper. I have a feeling it will always be something that will have two differing opinions as to whether it is good or bad. The thing is, as long as a person follows the rules and pays any entry fee..........guess they will be allowed to race, "star" or not.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:17 pm

for the most part drivers like it. For instance when our local track Late models got to race Kenny Schrader every one loved it. of course he didn't wreck anyone. The only bad part of having a Cup driver hit your local track is all the fees go up to race. (us pit guys end up paying double) But it is the rich guys that show up & are reckless is where the back pits get interesting. granted I am sure the WoO drivers could afford to fix a destroyed race car, but as you go down into the lesser series where a destroyed race car may end a drivers season, is where it gets personal. Sometimes that same mentality follows into the upper series.
ImageImageImage
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:30 pm

The foe list is for racer1 and futura... :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

ndunn

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:36 pm

Most of the small race tracks welcome all of those who want to participate in racing even tho it may be limited time spent. It brings in the fans, makes new fans, and keeps whoever owns what in business. Racing isn't the only ones to raise prices when certain races are in town. In Pigeon Forge Tenn. when they have the vintage car shows the motel rooms are doubled in price and it seems as tho restaurants come up with higher prices also. If one wants to see the event bad enough they pay whatever. What is sad here in south central Michigan is the closed dirt tracks that used to be so much fun to attend. The owners just couldn't afford to keep them going. There are a couple still going and I believe one is I 96 speedway where Tony's World of Outlaws race. The other is here in south Lansing off 127 between Lansing and Mason. Does anyone remember a racer by the name of Fedewa? He raced here and then Busch for some time. I don't believe he ever raced in Cup.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:09 pm

I'm guessing you're referring to Tim Fedewa? I think he had one cup race. I also think he spotted for Bill Elliott at one point.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:33 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:for the most part drivers like it. For instance when our local track Late models got to race Kenny Schrader every one loved it. of course he didn't wreck anyone. The only bad part of having a Cup driver hit your local track is all the fees go up to race. (us pit guys end up paying double) But it is the rich guys that show up & are reckless is where the back pits get interesting. granted I am sure the WoO drivers could afford to fix a destroyed race car, but as you go down into the lesser series where a destroyed race car may end a drivers season, is where it gets personal. Sometimes that same mentality follows into the upper series.

Here too,he is alot of fun and he doesn't care he'll race anything and he's good with the fans and other drivers,like "most" all the other Cup drivers that have come here over the years.That's as far as i'm going with that! :lol:
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
Previous

Return to Tony