Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:47 pm

Nice, general info article about Tony

Found this last night. Thought it was a good piece about Tony & his business:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/ ... story.html
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:57 pm

Re: Nice, general info article about Tony

Thanks for posting that. It was a great article and gave a brief history of how Tony's racing career evolved into track & race team owner. :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:11 pm

I read it yesterday(on our long trip home). It was a really nice article for sure.

I think we can all agree that we will never know the number of things going through his mind on any given day. He has accomplished so much in his life. His decision to put people in key places has helped him greatly. I'm not sure I have ever seen him without Eddie by his side. A trusted advisor and so much more.

I think the only thing that truly alludes him is a satisfying personal life. Wife, kids, but many changes would have to be made on his part and he either isn't ready or hasn't met the "one".

No matter. He is a great racer, a good person and like everyone else on planet Earth has to try everyday to balance his life.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

HTower

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:11 pm

You don't need the wife and kids whole nine yards bit to be personally happy. True many of us do find happiness that way, but it isn' the only way.
<<

housesandhogans

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:29 pm

Exactly HTower, myself being one of those who is very happy without that whole 9 yards. I get a little cranky when I read people who say he isn't "fulfilled" because he doesn't have a wife and kids. People get fulfilled in lots of different ways.
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:16 pm

Thanks for posting the link to the wonderful story. It seemed great to read something that wasn't tearing Tony apart. It is in his favor that people trust him as he does others. I like what JJ had to say about him. It's his choice Tony's that is and the sayng "he did it his way" is the absolute way it is. I admire Tony for doing just what he wanted to do. There is one other racer that I know about that was well into his senior age group when he had a son and that is Junior Johnson. His son must be about 20 years old now. I don't know if Junior has older children but even if he does this young man has to be a big joy. Tony has lots of time to have that family.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

im4tony14

Post Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:43 pm

Thank you so much for posting this article. Answers many questions. :D

Return to Tony