FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Big mistake!!

<<

kim92164

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:38 pm

Re: Big mistake!!

Schmoopy I don't want you to leave either. You, June, Doc & Mel were my first friends on here. All of you are OK in my book. The chat room wouldn't be the same with out y'all.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:06 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
DITTO! THEY CAN't GO, WE WON'T LET THEM LEAVE :) ........
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
#Support Smoke
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:05 am

racer1 wrote:Actually seeing how SHR is struggling I feel sorry for Harvick and have to wonder if he is concerned or just happy to have somewhere else to go, which the same cant be said for Ryan--not yet anyway? You think Ryan can win in Harvicks 29 car if he gets the chance--think again. Course if Harvick brings his own CC and maybe part of his crew he may be fine but that's a long way off. :roll:

well lets see. the 29 team is better than the 39 team & Ryan can win with the 39 team (& the slowest pit crew in the world) so yeah, it isn't really going out on a limb & say Ryan could win in the 29 car.

Its just logical thinking. Pretty easy for some of us.
ImageImageImage
<<

Jellikit

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:04 pm

racer1 wrote:Actually seeing how SHR is struggling I feel sorry for Harvick and have to wonder if he is concerned or just happy to have somewhere else to go, which the same cant be said for Ryan--not yet anyway? You think Ryan can win in Harvicks 29 car if he gets the chance--think again. Course if Harvick brings his own CC and maybe part of his crew he may be fine but that's a long way off. :roll:

If you think Harvick's a better wheel-man than Ryan, you're sorely wrong.

Also, you should stop generalizing so much about Newman fans here. I'm one who's at least been a little supportive of Danica in this forum. Though, you give her supporters a bad name on this site, and I'm guessing elsewhere too. :roll:
<<

plainjane

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:19 pm

I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT SOMEONE I THOUGHT WAS A STRAIGHT SHOOTER AND TOOK CARE OF HIS RACERS, LETTING RYAN GO IS JUST MIND BOGGLING TO ME, A NUMBER 1 TONY STEWART FAN. WHY DIDN'T YOU GET RID OF DANICA AND KEEP RYAN????? I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN YOU AND YOUR UNREASONABLE DECISION
<<

HTower

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:05 pm

plainjane wrote:I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT SOMEONE I THOUGHT WAS A STRAIGHT SHOOTER AND TOOK CARE OF HIS RACERS, LETTING RYAN GO IS JUST MIND BOGGLING TO ME, A NUMBER 1 TONY STEWART FAN. WHY DIDN'T YOU GET RID OF DANICA AND KEEP RYAN????? I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN YOU AND YOUR UNREASONABLE DECISION

Perhaps Tony knows something you don't? He is afterall the owner of a NASCAR team while you are just a fan on an internet message board. But I am sure that you are right and he is wrong.
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:09 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:

well lets see. the 29 team is better than the 39 team & Ryan can win with the 39 team (& the slowest pit crew in the world) so yeah, it isn't really going out on a limb & say Ryan could win in the 29 car.

Its just logical thinking. Pretty easy for some of us.

I agree,championship might be a stretch for anyone at RCR in Cup right now,but i say Ryan can win multiple times "if" he goes there. Harvick from what i been hearing is getting a whole new crew and c/c when he comes to SHR and now that's a relief after the #39 team efforts! 8-)
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:10 pm

HTower wrote:
plainjane wrote:I CAN NOT BELIEVE THAT SOMEONE I THOUGHT WAS A STRAIGHT SHOOTER AND TOOK CARE OF HIS RACERS, LETTING RYAN GO IS JUST MIND BOGGLING TO ME, A NUMBER 1 TONY STEWART FAN. WHY DIDN'T YOU GET RID OF DANICA AND KEEP RYAN????? I AM SO DISAPPOINTED IN YOU AND YOUR UNREASONABLE DECISION

Perhaps Tony knows something you don't? He is afterall the owner of a NASCAR team while you are just a fan on an internet message board. But I am sure that you are right and he is wrong.

What does Tony know,he fired Darian! :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

housesandhogans

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:13 pm

I agree HTower. I really hate this decision and don't understand it from an emotional fan aspect. BUT, not only am I sure that Tony knows a lot more about what is going on than we do and is not airing anything in public.............but, he is also only 1 of 2 owners. That means that Gene Haas also (I assume, because I truly don't "know") has a say in who comes and who goes. Mr Haas is not mentioned much, but, as far as I know, he is still a 50% stake holder and therefore could easily be influencing something like this. And, his name did come up during Tony's press meeting at New Hampshire as part of the decision making. So, I firmly believe he also had a hand in this. jmo
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:30 pm

HTower wrote:

PlainJane has a right to be mad that Tony got rid of Ryan just like some of us hated when he got rid of Darian Grubb. We have a right to say whatever we want on this site and voice our opinions without snotty little remarks because you don't agree with us. I'm actually sticking up for this poster not because she/he feels the same way I do, but because this is their first post and they obviously felt strong about it and vented. Give her a break... Jeesh. She started by saying she's a Tony fan (just like my post started). It is weird posting the fact that Tony ticked us off on a Tony Stewart Fan Forum but I don't see him on here checking in with us all. In fact since I've been on here since the second day of this forum, he hasn't been on here once to say HEY. I don't think we're going to hurt his feelings HT. Guess, you've never been mad at something Tony did right? Well, then if we met in person, I'd probably not be a fan of yours either because Tony can be one mean spoiled, whiny brat. Have you ever asked him for an autograph when he's in a crappy mood? Doesn't really care about his fans then does he?

We know he probably made the decision for fiscal reasons and not because he doesn't like the way Krissie Newman decorated his log home, but we can still be ticked off about his decision. Afterall, if Smoke doesn't like something, he doesn't hide his displeasure.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

HTower

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:15 pm

tlmerk wrote:
HTower wrote:

PlainJane has a right to be mad that Tony got rid of Ryan just like some of us hated when he got rid of Darian Grubb. We have a right to say whatever we want on this site and voice our opinions without snotty little remarks because you don't agree with us. I'm actually sticking up for this poster not because she/he feels the same way I do, but because this is their first post and they obviously felt strong about it and vented. Give her a break... Jeesh. She started by saying she's a Tony fan (just like my post started). It is weird posting the fact that Tony ticked us off on a Tony Stewart Fan Forum but I don't see him on here checking in with us all. In fact since I've been on here since the second day of this forum, he hasn't been on here once to say HEY. I don't think we're going to hurt his feelings HT. Guess, you've never been mad at something Tony did right? Well, then if we met in person, I'd probably not be a fan of yours either because Tony can be one mean spoiled, whiny brat. Have you ever asked him for an autograph when he's in a crappy mood? Doesn't really care about his fans then does he?

We know he probably made the decision for fiscal reasons and not because he doesn't like the way Krissie Newman decorated his log home, but we can still be ticked off about his decision. Afterall, if Smoke doesn't like something, he doesn't hide his displeasure.

LMFAO.

Lets me respond to you. Number 1, I never in anyway shape or form said that plainjane couldn't express her opinion or be mad at Tony. Number 2, you actually don't have a right to avoid having snotty comments directed your way on this website, and I challenge you to prove that you do. Number 3, I've been mad at Tony plenty of times, probably not as frequently as you because I tend to shrug off my anger and disappointment rather than letting fester. To each their own.

The only reason I'm not enraged about letting Ryan go at the end of the year instead of Donica is because I realize there is a financial aspect that she brings and he doesn't. He is a much better driver than her right now, but to field a race team you need sponsorship, and my the reports I've seen, Ryan isn't as marketable as Donica. Simply a matter of drivers needing to be able to do more these days than just drive a car on Sundays.

What the heck does Tony's attitude during autograph sessions have to do with anything?
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:19 pm

If it wasn't her first post on this site, I would have just stayed out of it but I don't think that was a very nice way to welcome a Smoke fan to this site even one who finds herself/himself ticked off by his decision. That's all I wanted to say and I probably should have done that without calling you out about it today but I just have a compulsion to stick up for those that get bullied who aren't bullying someone themselves. If they say a mean comment, they need to be prepared to take one back. But this poster was just voicing her frustration with Tony, not with anyone on this site and I felt bad her only response was one of sarcasm and condescension.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

HTower

Post Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:08 pm

tlmerk wrote:If it wasn't her first post on this site, I would have just stayed out of it but I don't think that was a very nice way to welcome a Smoke fan to this site even one who finds herself/himself ticked off by his decision. That's all I wanted to say and I probably should have done that without calling you out about it today but I just have a compulsion to stick up for those that get bullied who aren't bullying someone themselves. If they say a mean comment, they need to be prepared to take one back. But this poster was just voicing her frustration with Tony, not with anyone on this site and I felt bad her only response was one of sarcasm and condescension.

I welcome plenty of others to the site, I just do it in the Welcome forum. If you want to jump straight into the on topic discussion area, type in all caps and express your opinion as the GOSPEL, well, someone might just disagree with you.
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:52 am

Some of the details have been left out of the argument. Tony has a partner in StewartHAASRacing and my guess would be they are in touch quite often with each other. I'm sure Tony is given most of what he wants but it can't be totally up to Tony. In interviews I've heard Tony say things about Gene being involved. Opinions are everywhere and it's fine as long as they are not mean spirited. I've had some of the same feelings about what Richard Petty did to a few of his drivers in the past and he is suppose to be the King? What is up to Tony is business not popularity.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

Taskforce14

Post Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:31 pm

I like Ryan Newman. However, he hasn't been the same driver since his first couple of years at Penske. I really don't think it's that big of a loss. I truly believe if Danica doesn't perform next year that she will be gone as well. At some point I would think she would get tired of trying to make it in NASCAR. But I don't think they will re sign her if she doesn't improve.
PreviousNext

Return to Tony