FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Big mistake!!

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:38 am

Re: Big mistake!!

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Why next year?
Darian won a Championship & wasn't here the following year. I think it would be cool if Ryan won it this year & then wasn't here for the following year :twisted:

I like the way you think, Schmoop... not twisted at all. :D
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Smoke_14

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:45 am

I think Harvick is an improvement over Ryan. Yes I would have preferred if Danica was the one to go but I'm confident she won't return after 2014 when her contract is up. I think GoDaddy will drop her or at least scale back. Her performance will likely not improve by then and the media hype will wear off.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:01 am

Smoke_14 wrote:Yes I would have preferred if Danica was the one to go but I'm confident she won't return after 2014 when her contract is up. I think GoDaddy will drop her or at least scale back. Her performance will likely not improve by then and the media hype will wear off.

I can only hope you are right.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Streetrodder

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:00 pm

I think they should keep Ryan and get rid of Danica she's the worst driver I ever saw she can barely stay on the track when she's by herself I don't think I've seen a race where she hasn't had some kind of accident KEEP RYAN get rid of Danica
<<

tlmerk

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:14 pm

Streetrodder wrote:I think they should keep Ryan and get rid of Danica she's the worst driver I ever saw she can barely stay on the track when she's by herself I don't think I've seen a race where she hasn't had some kind of accident KEEP RYAN get rid of Danica

Although I agree with your post in general, but it's a moot point for us as SHR has already made the decision. It's all about money, not about the love of the sport anymore.

I thought Tony has a business mind and have always respected that aspect of him but I also thought Racing was his first love and money was second. Now, I believe money is the issue with him and after seeing how his interviews are going lately and the way he called Steve Kinser (who races for Tony and is a legend in the World of Outlaws) an Azzhole over the loud speaker at Eldora just was classy. (Not.)

Anybody who races Tony at Eldora better let Tony win or he'll act like a baby, and if you happen to race on one of his teams, he'll call you an Azzhole. I'm tired of Tony setting a crappy example for kids who come out to the races. He may own Eldora and he may "own" Steve Kinser, but it's bad form to cuss and whine at a race with a ton of kids IMO.

I'm getting tired of his crap overall and think his decision to drop Ryan was the last straw. If I wanted to root for a driver just on talent, I'd be a JJ fan-- and JJ is a LOT nicer guy than Tony appears to be lately.

I've been a Smoke fan for 10 years -- mostly because of my love for sprint car racing long before the company SPRINT took over NASCAR sponsorship, and if you went to the sprint care race, it was on a dirt oval track and you got slung with mud, the first place I saw Tony race. But I'm disillusioned by him now. I'm tired of his whiny, double standards, calling people out for things he does, acting like a bully and a poor sport. I paid my 14/monthly sponsorship in his Foundation because I believed in him and his passions. I canceled last year when money got tight but always planned to start up again. Now, I thing I'll check out the Rescue Ranch.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:38 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
Smoke_14 wrote:Yes I would have preferred if Danica was the one to go but I'm confident she won't return after 2014 when her contract is up. I think GoDaddy will drop her or at least scale back. Her performance will likely not improve by then and the media hype will wear off.

Me too. I didn't know her contract was up in 2014, but, hopefully, if she hasn't won anything by then they will just let her move on. Although I agree with tlmerk that money has gotten to be the most important thing. I don't blame Tony for that. I think everything in Nascar screams "show me the money!" and for someone like Tony who would really rather just race, having to deal with all those issues and have a business, and still race...............must get really frustrating.
<<

Rachael J

Post Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:16 pm

housesandhogans wrote:
HiddenHollow wrote:

Me too. I didn't know her contract was up in 2014, but, hopefully, if she hasn't won anything by then they will just let her move on. Although I agree with tlmerk that money has gotten to be the most important thing. I don't blame Tony for that. I think everything in Nascar screams "show me the money!" and for someone like Tony who would really rather just race, having to deal with all those issues and have a business, and still race...............must get really frustrating.

I agree with you all! Hope she's gone after 2014!
My Favorite Drivers Dale Earnhardt Jr., Tony Stewart, Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Kasey Kahne
<<

racer1

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:24 pm

" I think GoDaddy will drop her or at least scale back. Her performance will likely not improve by then and the media hype will wear off."

Dropped in & saw this laughable crap again only proving you classless no nothings really-- know nothing. Whether Danica wins or not isn't relevant as she brings more to her sponsor just by showing up then any other driver or sports stars as mentioned she is #1 at marketing her brand for her sponsors by a large margin. Godaddy is the one who moved her into Nascar & Cup from the low rated Indycar to get more exposure in the first place. Most everyone knows she wasn't/isn't ready for Cup but it doesn't matter as the attention she brings to her sponsor is better then championships in this modern world where winning drivers may not have sponsors if they cant draw attention & sell for that sponsor, as its all about marketing & money nowdays, with few exceptions.. Losers like some here been saying for yrs Godaddy will drop her if she doesn't win, and shes stronger then ever now in her 8th yr with them. She is also a rookie which some of you no nothings seem to forget and Hornish took 146 races to win a NNs race and she only has 88 races overall, so knock off your double standards, & discrimination crap.

BTW--I would like to see her without the Godaddy image and with a different primary sponsor but they both been good for each other all these yrs as Parsons said previously he didn't know who has benefitted more by their partnership together, but he cant imagine not having her represent Godaddy--tells it all doesn't it? :roll:

On the other hand Ryan is the one you need to worry about as he isn't hugely popular and he isn't winning, so him getting sponsors may be in question for whatever team may want him as even Quicken Loans is NOT full sponsorship--think about that before criticising a driver who has huge marketing ability. Also criticizing Dale Jr only shows your ####-ss-s as well as he has the same amount of wins that Ryan does more or less so what makes Ryan better--NOTHING--that's all-- as at least Jr has the popularity going for him and that's huge for sponsors. All Ryan has going for him is getting older--end of story. :roll:
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:56 pm

tlmerk wrote:
Streetrodder wrote:I think they should keep Ryan and get rid of Danica she's the worst driver I ever saw she can barely stay on the track when she's by herself I don't think I've seen a race where she hasn't had some kind of accident KEEP RYAN get rid of Danica

Although I agree with your post in general, but it's a moot point for us as SHR has already made the decision. It's all about money, not about the love of the sport anymore.

I thought Tony has a business mind and have always respected that aspect of him but I also thought Racing was his first love and money was second. Now, I believe money is the issue with him and after seeing how his interviews are going lately and the way he called Steve Kinser (who races for Tony and is a legend in the World of Outlaws) an Azzhole over the loud speaker at Eldora just was classy. (Not.)

Anybody who races Tony at Eldora better let Tony win or he'll act like a baby, and if you happen to race on one of his teams, he'll call you an Azzhole. I'm tired of Tony setting a crappy example for kids who come out to the races. He may own Eldora and he may "own" Steve Kinser, but it's bad form to cuss and whine at a race with a ton of kids IMO.

I'm getting tired of his crap overall and think his decision to drop Ryan was the last straw. If I wanted to root for a driver just on talent, I'd be a JJ fan-- and JJ is a LOT nicer guy than Tony appears to be lately.

I've been a Smoke fan for 10 years -- mostly because of my love for sprint car racing long before the company SPRINT took over NASCAR sponsorship, and if you went to the sprint care race, it was on a dirt oval track and you got slung with mud, the first place I saw Tony race. But I'm disillusioned by him now. I'm tired of his whiny, double standards, calling people out for things he does, acting like a bully and a poor sport. I paid my 14/monthly sponsorship in his Foundation because I believed in him and his passions. I canceled last year when money got tight but always planned to start up again. Now, I thing I'll check out the Rescue Ranch.

Let me by or i'm gonna cry,seen it myself first hand right here in NY live in person,most Dirt drivers can't stand him or his ego!
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

racer1

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:43 pm

Heres a clue--if you don't like Tony or Danica and only love Ryan, then by all means don't let the door hit you in the A-s-s- when Ryans gone and make this site decent without all you whiners and compainers and take it to the team where Ryan ends up --if he can get sponsored that is? Look at the bright side, theres always S&P teams looking for a good qualifier and Ryan is good at that. :roll:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:28 pm

racer1 wrote:Heres a clue--if you don't like Tony or Danica and only love Ryan, then by all means don't let the door hit you in the A-s-s- when Ryans gone and make this site decent without all you whiners and compainers and take it to the team where Ryan ends up --if he can get sponsored that is? Look at the bright side, theres always S&P teams looking for a good qualifier and Ryan is good at that. :roll:

you know what I find interesting Racer. Even when Ryan leaves, I have seen posters on here wish some of us Ryan fans stick around & post. (not leave)

Even with Danica sticking around as an SHR driver, I hear people wishing you would leave.
Don't you find that interesting? :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:59 pm

racer1 wrote:Heres a clue--if you don't like Tony or Danica and only love Ryan, then by all means don't let the door hit you in the A-s-s- when Ryans gone and make this site decent without all you whiners and compainers and take it to the team where Ryan ends up --if he can get sponsored that is? Look at the bright side, theres always S&P teams looking for a good qualifier and Ryan is good at that. :roll:

Never said i didn't like Tony,but i'm sure you know everything about him,i'm sure you've been around him more than anyone else on here :?:
Donica is another story,the only reason why she's here is because Go-Daddy likes the publicity and Tony likes the money for the third team! :shock:
I'm also a big Harvick fan,so guess what,Ryan leaving just means i'll be where ever he goes and i'll be here just the same too.
Last but not least,i'd ask what you think about Harvick,but i can see you're "clueless" ,so you're opinion would mean nothing to me. Have a nice day! :mrgreen:
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:14 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:

you know what I find interesting Racer. Even when Ryan leaves, I have seen posters on here wish some of us Ryan fans stick around & post. (not leave)

Even with Danica sticking around as an SHR driver, I hear people wishing you would leave.
Don't you find that interesting? :mrgreen:

Funny,i been hearing the same thing! :mrgreen: Personally,i want you to stay Schmoopy,it's people like you who keep me from going over the edge :lol: Racer1,i have no comment at this time! :P
<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Actually, as I stated Racer, I have been a Tony fan for 10 years so I think that qualifies me to make statements about him when he ticks me off. I should have had more respect for the rest of my friends on here who are not unhappy with him lately and kept my angry opinion to myself. You're right about that and I felt a bit guilty for my rant but it's how I feel. Kind of like when a divorce happens and you're disillusioned by your parents. You pick a side usually, can't help that. I know it's all about the money and you have to have the money to pay for your car but I don't like how Tony has been acting in general this year.

Before, Tony always balanced his meanness to media and other drivers with the good side of him-- his altruistic, charitable side, his honesty and tell-it-like-it is attitude and his love for his fans and racing in general. But lately, I don't believe he's balancing his "nice" side with his "temper-tantrum, whiney" side. I can take one as long as I see the other at times.

I haven't decided if I'm leaving this site either as I too am a Harvick fan, have followed him and his wife on Twitter for ages and I have stuck up for him and Delana on this site. All my NASCAR friends are on this site, so I may or may not leave when Ryan leaves. It depends on how I feel about Smoke at the time.

But I don't know you Racer, have never had a conversation with you and so nothing you say is going to bother me or cause me to leave this site. If I can't get my respect back for Smoke, I probably will leave this forum and just follow my favorite drivers on their own sites. I'm hoping Ryan goes to Penske so Brak D and Ryan are both on the same team. As for Danica, she's a crappy driver who only has a ride because she's a woman. I love that we have a woman in NASCAR and I love her honesty and wish her the best. But keeping her and getting rid of Ryan just proves that it's all about the money and not about winning races.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

racer1

Post Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:28 pm

Actually seeing how SHR is struggling I feel sorry for Harvick and have to wonder if he is concerned or just happy to have somewhere else to go, which the same cant be said for Ryan--not yet anyway? You think Ryan can win in Harvicks 29 car if he gets the chance--think again. Course if Harvick brings his own CC and maybe part of his crew he may be fine but that's a long way off. :roll:
PreviousNext

Return to Tony