FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Big mistake!!

<<

tlmerk

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:28 pm

Big mistake!!

That's it... made a mistake... a BIG mistake.

Hope Ryan goes to Penske or Childress and comes back and wins the championship next year.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:42 pm

Re: Big mistake!!

Why next year?
Darian won a Championship & wasn't here the following year. I think it would be cool if Ryan won it this year & then wasn't here for the following year :twisted:
Ryan is only 17 pts from 10th & his boss, & has 4 DNFs to Tonys zero. if you think about it, all Ryan has to do is not DNF in the next 7 races & he will make that up easy. Once in the Chase anything can happen.
Now wouldn't that be a cool parting gift LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

housesandhogans

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:50 pm

As much as I want Ryan to stay at SHR, is it really a mistake? I'm sure people said that when Tony let Darien Grubb go and hoped he would show Tony up and win a championship with Hamlin........that hasn't happened has it? And some said that Matt Kennseth's moving was possibly a mistake.........and look how well he is doing. I feel really badly for Ryan because it seems like right now he is the one who is left swinging in the wind. But, he may be closer to another offer than we know. Like you said, hopefully he will find a good team with more than a one year contract so he gets some stability. And the change itself might be good for him........sometimes a shake up in our life makes for new, good things to happen. I hope they do for Ryan. The problem is that, as outsiders, we don't really know what is going on until they announce it. So, all we can do is wish him well. The look on Tony's face this morning and his words made me feel he isn't really totally happy with how this is all working out.
<<

anita56

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:47 pm

IMO: Darian Grubb and Ryan Newman are mistakes. ......just saying.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:57 pm

anita56 wrote:IMO: Darian Grubb and Ryan Newman are mistakes. ......just saying.

Well I guess SHR is correcting that. (so that should make you feel better)
ImageImageImage
<<

housesandhogans

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:15 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
anita56 wrote:IMO: Darian Grubb and Ryan Newman are mistakes. ......just saying.

Huh? I took Anita's statement that she thought SHR letting go of Darien Grubb & Ryan Newman were mistakes. Maybe I misunderstood her, but why would you feel they are correcting that?
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:44 pm

Well I'm going to look at this as a good opportunity for Ryan. Let's face it, SHR hasn't really been good for Ryan. I'm hoping he goes to RCR even though I don't care for those teams. If RCR gets the elf, I'm hoping Ryan goes to Furniture Row as that is the next best thing. RCR isn't supposed to snake the elf from the 78, but if the elf chooses to leave, then there's an opening and Ryan is the best candidate for that and there's a built in sponsor. Kind of funny how RCR said 3 teams for sure next year, possibly 4, but they've been running the 33 most of the year... Hello???? That's pretty much 4 teams. And I believe Ryan will bring a sponsor or two to the mix. At least I hope so. You can't tell me that all this up in the air stuff hasn't been a detriment to the 39 team... At least that's what I wish, hope and think...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:15 pm

that means tony is the biggest mistake, since he hired them........ just sayin.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:35 pm

Money talks, for better or worse. It'd have helped Ryan's cause if he could have ever done anything outside of the 2003 season to put himself at the sport's forefront. Never come close to even contending for a title, aside from that '03 season he's won more than one race just once ('04, won twice). Still having GoDaddy's bankroll to put Patrick on the track and putting a proven contender (though not a champion yet) into the second car is an improvement for the team. Not a mistake.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

anita56

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:56 pm

housesandhogans wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:

Huh? I took Anita's statement that she thought SHR letting go of Darien Grubb & Ryan Newman were mistakes. Maybe I misunderstood her, but why would you feel they are correcting that?

That is exactly what I meant. Mistakes letting them go!!
<<

anita56

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:10 pm

michaeljohn wrote:

that means tony is the biggest mistake, since he hired them........ just sayin.

No, no, no-mistakes letting them go.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:35 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:

Anita my apologies. I misunderstood your post.
I took it how it reads when you said "are" mistakes I thought you meant they were mistakes, not letting them go was a mistake. My bad.
ImageImageImage
<<

HTower

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:49 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:

Anita my apologies. I misunderstood your post.
I took it how it reads when you said "are" mistakes I thought you meant they were mistakes, not letting them go was a mistake. My bad.

awww, I thought you were intentionally misunderstanding her. That made it funny :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
<<

wolfgang

Post Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:45 pm

Change could be good for Ryan,thou i'd rather see him stay and Donica go! :evil:
The same token,i hope this change is good for Kevin.
Honestly,Ryan had his best years at Penske,whether or not he still appeals to sponsors we have to wait and see.
RCR's #1 choice is Kurt,Penske i don't see it-i think we'd see Sam there before anyone else.
Course as much as BK has been flapping his gums this year,the #2 could be open even thou BK won the only NW and Cup Championships for Penske,ohhh yeah,Roger is that way! :shock:
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:37 am

wolfgang wrote:Change could be good for Ryan,thou i'd rather see him stay and Donica go! :evil:

Ditto! Double-ditto!! Come to think of it, triple-ditto!!!
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
Next

Return to Tony