FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

A touch of Humility out of JJ would be nice

<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:32 pm

Re: A touch of Humility out of JJ would be nice

bein the one who knows a lot about JJ here, he wasnt bein smug last nite, just like ryan there was a time, even recently JJ would end up in a wreck at the plate tracks, some by his own doing other times done by other drivers, he was speaking in terms of that he didnt feel he made a mistake or ot caught up in somebody else mistake and he was pleased with that

it doesnt matter what he says or does people wanna find a reason to be mad at him or dislike him, he gets ripped apart every week on the HMS boards by the JR fans and its a joke, nobody wants to mention how he mentioned bobby alison last nite, let alone davey, you never hear any modern drver give props to davey allison. people only want to single out that one word or emotion so they can legitimize their dislike for him,

i love a good debate and i can be civil and believe me its the best kind of debate to have, but for whatever reason some like to post half truths and not the whole story, so yea im gonna call them out on it
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:12 pm

I think when you get in the winners circle, you should be allowed to say whatever you want. It is your 15 mins. of fame. (he just gets a lot of 15 mins. of fame)

Now However. I think he was incorrect on not making a mistake all night. When he went to block Ambrose (way to late I might add) it did cause his teammate to be wrecked.

but like one of the posters on this thread said. he is a lot less smug than a lot of drivers with a microphone in their face.

MJ I think it is ironic that Jr fans talk trash about their teammate, since the 48 I am sure is one of the reasons the 88 is running better.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:45 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:I think when you get in the winners circle, you should be allowed to say whatever you want. It is your 15 mins. of fame. (he just gets a lot of 15 mins. of fame)

Now However. I think he was incorrect on not making a mistake all night. When he went to block Ambrose (way to late I might add) it did cause his teammate to be wrecked.

but like one of the posters on this thread said. he is a lot less smug than a lot of drivers with a microphone in their face.

MJ I think it is ironic that Jr fans talk trash about their teammate, since the 48 I am sure is one of the reasons the 88 is running better.

buddy those fans are intense, ya think it gets wild here, this is childs play, hahaha they say if it wasnt for Jr JJ wouldnt be winning like he is, and the fact is the 88 was moved in with the 48 so that chad could babysit them to see what they were doing wrong, i dont care how good any CC or driver is, but that has to take away from the team they are working on, just like when tony says they struggled because they were not prepared for the 3rd team and getting all the equipment up to speed.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:53 pm

michaeljohn wrote:
Schmoopy1000 wrote:I think when you get in the winners circle, you should be allowed to say whatever you want. It is your 15 mins. of fame. (he just gets a lot of 15 mins. of fame)

buddy those fans are intense, ya think it gets wild here, this is childs play, hahaha they say if it wasnt for Jr JJ wouldnt be winning like he is, and the fact is the 88 was moved in with the 48 so that chad could babysit them to see what they were doing wrong, i dont care how good any CC or driver is, but that has to take away from the team they are working on, just like when tony says they struggled because they were not prepared for the 3rd team and getting all the equipment up to speed.

yeah I used to deal with the jr fanatics back in the day. never heard the 48 is doing as well because of the 88 though. That is a new one for me LOL
ImageImageImage
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:59 am

jamo14 wrote:I have a sense of humor, but no sense of direction...like a lot of folks on this site, I always find myself walking in circles :oops:

When I was in HIGH School, I won the 100 yd dash for people with no sense of direction. :lol:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Jellikit

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:55 am

housesandhogans wrote:I never know exactly what I think of JJ. Like Danica, I'm not necessarily a fan, but I'm not a hater either.

Most are the same.
He usually doesn't express himself much, or have a good sense of humor. I've always thought he would be a good Ben & Jerry's flavor....Jimmie Vanillie. :mrgreen:
Then to hear Kyle P say during this weekend while attempting to identify the Sonic shake he was given, "This is Jimmie Johnson's new one...vanilla." I'm sorry, but that was funny.
The problem with being so vanilla is that when you are a winner like JJ, and then you gripe about things like restarts, well it comes off whiny. Just need to act like the champion you are and fix the problem, that is yours and not NASCAR's.

As far as his comments on not doing anything wrong, meh...probably did wreck Ambros, but it's racing and I'm not so sure he saw him there.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:57 am

follow him on twitter, he is good for laffs there
<<

Jellikit

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:01 am

I'm still resisting the twitter "fad". :lol: ;)

I actually think I've heard he is pretty funny there.

Cool thing about twitter is that the celebs do actually interact with the fans there some, unlike other outlets. :roll:

The piece they did with Danica on her career, where they talked a bit about twitter, was pretty good. A lot of insight in the interview.

May have to succumb to this new trend. :mrgreen:
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:14 am

Jellikit wrote:I'm still resisting the twitter "fad". :lol: ;)

I actually think I've heard he is pretty funny there.

Cool thing about twitter is that the celebs do actually interact with the fans there some, unlike other outlets. :roll:

The piece they did with Danica on her career, where they talked a bit about twitter, was pretty good. A lot of insight in the interview.

May have to succumb to this new trend. :mrgreen:

I joined earlier this year. I use it mostly to follow folks associated with NASCAR. Drivers (& wives), spotters, crew chiefs, but especially most of the Speed/ESPN/Fox reporters. I usually pick up some good info from their posts. I seldom tweet myself. They do interact with us fans. I've gotten answers to several questions. Mike Joy especially will answer a lot of fan questions.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:29 am

i use it mainly for hockey updates from certain teams, couple nascar drivers, but dont socialize on it.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:00 pm

nice thing at about twitter is you don't have to sign up for it. I don't have it, but still check up on Ryan & Krissie's twitter.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:31 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:nice thing at about twitter is you don't have to sign up for it. I don't have it, but still check up on Ryan & Krissie's twitter.

thats true, i just find it easy to be logged in that way all the stuff i wanna look up is right there
<<

lmalley

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:40 pm

"how dare he be so conceded to wish his daughter a happy birthday and to tell his wife he missed her,"

Hey, I never said a word about this. Not one word! You were the one that brought that up not me! Don't go putting words in my mouth! I only commented on his "I didn't make a single wrong move tonight" remark. That's all!
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:53 pm

Back to the "TWITTER" thing....I don't do it because when I was younger my Gramma told me I'd go blind if I did............................. :lol: :lol: :P :shock:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Jellikit

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:41 pm

midwesternsmoke wrote:Back to the "TWITTER" thing....I don't do it because when I was younger my Gramma told me I'd go blind if I did............................. :lol: :lol: :P :shock:

Surely, just a tweet every now and then isn't....

:mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Tony