FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Yay!!! Smoke finishes 2nd!

<<

Annalee

Post Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Re: Yay!!! Smoke finishes 2nd!

wolfgang wrote:Would have been a little exciting if Tony at least tried to pass JJ with Kevin pushing him! ;)

I was hoping the same thing....infact I was yelling at the TV! The only thing I can think of is that maybe because the bumpers don't line up anymore...They thought they better and stayed where they were with a second and third place finish... But that just doesn't sound like Kevin or Tony..
They are hard chargers.....wreckers or checkers!! I wish someone in the media would have asked the question....That would have been a good question..... :)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Rachael J

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:20 am

Annalee wrote:
wolfgang wrote:Would have been a little exciting if Tony at least tried to pass JJ with Kevin pushing him! ;)

I was hoping the same thing....infact I was yelling at the TV! The only thing I can think of is that maybe because the bumpers don't line up anymore...They thought they better and stayed where they were with a second and third place finish... But that just doesn't sound like Kevin or Tony..
They are hard chargers.....wreckers or checkers!! I wish someone in the media would have asked the question....That would have been a good question..... :)

I agree with both of you! I was on the edge of my couch, just hoping for a pass! I would've like to known the answer to that question too!
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:28 am

wolfgang wrote:
onerockindoc wrote:I'd like to but I'm afraid the site Po-Po may cuff and stuff me.

We only have 3 drivers here and Kevin ain't one of em. Maybe next year.

Tony and Ryan,you mean there's a third "driver" at SHR,i thought Kevin started next year? :mrgreen:

+1

;) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

Jellikit

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:35 pm

Wouldn't have helped....JJ JUMPED THE RESTART! :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Can't beat 'em....join 'em. :twisted: ;)
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Annalee wrote:

Don't like to let out the fact i'm nuts,but i think most have figured that out by now! :lol: Yelling at the TV myself, saying over and over Well-come-on,what are you guys waitin' for!!!!!???????? :? Never got a dam answer,even after the race and all i could think of is Dale#3 would have least tried it.....wreckers or checkers!!!! No wonder people are getting bored with Nascar,following the leader went out in Elementary school !!!
WHEN THE GREEN FLAG DROPS, THE B.S. STOPS !
<<

eve

Post Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:31 pm

A last corner pass would have been nice, but the talking heads said that the last lap pass if basically a thing of the past. The bumpers don't line up anymore and the Cup cars seem to need 3 cars to do that. In the post race interview Tony said that JJ was just too strong to even try to pass him. Watching the last 10 laps, JJ was doing what Tony doing really hates - blocking - Tony had 2nd place and unless JJ made a mistake and opened up the lead, that was where he was staying.

In the Nationwide race, which have last year's cars, Tony was able to get around other drivers simply be virtue of his experience and the wrecking cars.
Previous

Return to Tony