FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ANOTHER STELLAR PERFORMANCE.

<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:29 pm

ANOTHER STELLAR PERFORMANCE.

I just LUUUUUUUUUUUUV the way the season is going so far. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Anybody hear why today was SO PITIFUL??
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:33 pm

Re: ANOTHER STELLAR PERFORMANCE.

Doc said, Tony said ... his tires were crap.

? ? ?
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

HTower

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Hard to blame tires when everyone uses the exact same ones
<<

TonysWife

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:59 pm

I would say yes it was Tony, I saw what happened on the restart. I am proud of you regardless of where is place. Your great no matter what! I LOVE YOU! God Bless :idea:
<<

TishR

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:16 pm

Didn't see the entire race only seen first part of it but by judging by the results it started out decent and went downhill as usual. Getting really frustrated with this. Should be getting a handle on this car by now.

By the way what happened to Denny? I read that he is supposed to test at Indy tomorrow but he is to be checked for concussion symptoms first.
Tish
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:21 pm

im not sure if a tire went down on dennys car, but he hit the wall, i havent heard anything since, hopefully its not serious, he has had some bad luck this year...
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:42 pm

Yes, Tony was really frustrated with the tires. The handling was bad all day as well. I really felt today's race would play right into his hands. Alas, it was not to be.

Denny sure was in with the medics for a long while. I hope he is ok.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

racer1

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:11 pm

Another bad day for SHR--whats up with Tony? Its like he forgot how to drive as he really needs a new CC and that goes for another driver as well who has a CC with terrible strategy and pit calls.--good grief. Time is running out for the Chase esp if another driver wins and becomes a wild card higher in points. :roll:

Lessons learned--A big name team doesnt mean its a good team as look at all the smaller teams out peforming them. Pay attention Harvick--open eyes before signing unless its too late.

Feel bad for Denny also--and Brad ---wow--talk about bad luck.

On a similar yet different note--anyone see the pathetic small crowd, as even last night it was small, course it was raining then-- but??

Congrads to kenseth he is on fire--wow.
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:14 pm

I didn't watch, just listened on Raceview Audio (or whatever its called on Nascar.com). He had complaints about the car all day, although he did say it was better than when in practice. But he especially complained about the tires. I know they all use the same tires, but between the different "packages" (I'm not even sure what that means) they have on their cars and the drivers' different driving styles, I suppose the tires would react differently on each car. I am just sad that we are now back to the 20th position 2 weeks in a row.
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:44 pm

I'm pi$$ed,there was a movie that was scheduled i wanted to see and Nascar was in it's place, because of rain last night i persume? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Who won #48 again? :P
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:32 pm

I just have to believe today's poor performance had to do with the set up on both cars, plus the tire they used on the right front.....why they can't get it right I don't know...... They have never pulled their cars off the haulers and said that they ran perfect don't change a thing....
On Ryan's car they changed everything but the kitchen sink and still didn't couldn't finish in the top ten. Tony and Steve worked well together, but they couldn't make anything happen either......I just don't know?? It is not from lack of trying.....both worked on their cars and the pit crews were spot on! There is just such a dysfunctional undertone on both cars......it seems to me they are working in circles and have no true plan of where to go!! Hope they figure it out son..... :roll: :roll:
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

HTower

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:41 pm

wolfgang wrote:I'm pi$$ed,there was a movie that was scheduled i wanted to see and Nascar was in it's place, because of rain last night i persume? :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: Who won #48 again? :P

Hahahahahahaha

(You missed the Fast and Furious as your movie)
<<

Rachael J

Post Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:38 pm

Annalee wrote:I just have to believe today's poor performance had to do with the set up on both cars, plus the tire they used on the right front.....why they can't get it right I don't know...... They have never pulled their cars off the haulers and said that they ran perfect don't change a thing....
On Ryan's car they changed everything but the kitchen sink and still didn't couldn't finish in the top ten. Tony and Steve worked well together, but they couldn't make anything happen either......I just don't know?? It is not from lack of trying.....both worked on their cars and the pit crews were spot on! There is just such a dysfunctional undertone on both cars......it seems to me they are working in circles and have no true plan of where to go!! Hope they figure it out son..... :roll: :roll:

I agree! They seem to be trying hard to figure things out. They've been testing at different tracks, but here we go falling back. :oops: Sure hope they can figure out the problem & SOON! :?
My Favorite Drivers Dale Earnhardt Jr., Tony Stewart, Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Kasey Kahne
<<

eve

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:15 am

Tony was not the only driver complaining about the tires. In post race interview Kyle Busch said that the tires were crap and the car was tough to handle because of it.

As far as handling, they were set up for day into night racing. Changes were made, but with the problem with the tires as well, a lot of things were working against anything that they did.

And no, #48 did not win, once again Jimmy complained that the restart was done incorrectly. For once I agree with Kyle Petty - he said that Jimmy needs to rewrite the restart rules since he is the only one that seems to know how to do it right. (sarcasm) Jimmy lost because he spun out by spinning his tires. He's becoming the new complainer of the Sprint Cup Series.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:20 am

realy eve, did you hear JJ complain in his post race interviews? no, unlike tony, he cries when someone touches him so if i was a tony fan i wouldnt goof on another driver for complaining. it sure was sweet how he came from the back and ended 9th, where did tony finish? thats right mid pack, just like all year.

opps forgot to add fan
Next

Return to Tony