FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SONOMA IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR........:-( ON TO KENTUCKY!!

<<

Smoke_14

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:06 pm

Re: SONOMA IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR........:-( ON TO KENTUCKY

As I stated earlier, Tony was at fault for the Burton incident. But I don't see how Tony could have avoided contact with Hamlin. Hamlin as usual, decides to change lanes at the last possible moment. He dove low to attempt a pass going into the turn (outbreak the car ahead). When Hamlin did this, Tony had a run and held his line, occupying the space Hamlin was previously in. Hamlin then decided to bail on the overtake and did not realize that Tony was there. Smoke had no room to move over and could not have possibly slowed down enough to let Denny in. So overall, Burton wasn't at fault for his contact, but Hamlin certainly has nobody to blame but himself. But Denny being Denny, nothing was his fault.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

housesandhogans

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:22 pm

Well, I guess I don't really care who blames who. These guys race each other every weekend and everyone has to take the blame once in a while. It was just a plain lousy race for Tony and hopefully Kentucky will be much better! ;)
<<

Jellikit

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:09 am

Smoke_14 wrote:As I stated earlier, Tony was at fault for the Burton incident. But I don't see how Tony could have avoided contact with Hamlin. Hamlin as usual, decides to change lanes at the last possible moment. He dove low to attempt a pass going into the turn (outbreak the car ahead). When Hamlin did this, Tony had a run and held his line, occupying the space Hamlin was previously in. Hamlin then decided to bail on the overtake and did not realize that Tony was there. Smoke had no room to move over and could not have possibly slowed down enough to let Denny in. So overall, Burton wasn't at fault for his contact, but Hamlin certainly has nobody to blame but himself. But Denny being Denny, nothing was his fault.

This^

The incident with Burton is what cost Tony big. He was having a really good run up to then, and would have had a very decent finish.
You just can't T-bone someone like that. In cart racing, where hairpins are prevalent, you'd have to give the spot back or be black flagged with a quickness.

I still remember well when someone did it to Kyle Petty not too long ago. Not sure, but it may have been on the same exact turn. Kyle was the in-race reporter and they had his mic open live when it occurred. It may have even been the first lap...I know it was very early in the race.
He exclaimed, "What the f*%# was that?!"
You just don't hear that word on TV very often. ;)
Man, there was silence for about 3, very long, seconds on the air after that. Then an apology from the announcers, and later from Kyle.
But it was the same type of thing...Kyle entered the turn correctly, wide, and was just T-boned into a spin. I'm sure he felt bad for his outcry, particularly because he said something to the effect of praying just a few minutes earlier, before the race started, but he definitely had the right to be upset.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:30 am

if it was Kyle Petty, it had to be a little longer than not that long ago. ;)
ImageImageImage
<<

Jellikit

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:30 am

You would make me search it. ;)
It was 2007, and it was the same turn. :lol:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:33 am

i say that a lot too kyle when i come here hahahahaahahahahahaha
<<

Jellikit

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:35 am

:lol:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:26 pm

Jellikit wrote:You would make me search it. ;)
It was 2007, and it was the same turn. :lol:

& tony was further behind than the move Kenseth made.
not long ago was still funny for me though. There was still such thing as DEI back then :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
Previous

Return to Tony