FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

SONOMA IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR........:-( ON TO KENTUCKY!!

<<

Annalee

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:26 am

SONOMA IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR........:-( ON TO KENTUCKY!!

Tony's car was never set up right! Maybe it was the weather.....??? Maybe it was the super moon! :roll: :roll: But we all know that Tony can drive a road course.......Sad to say but this could have been a race that sealed the deal for him making the chase.....I am afraid this is an opportunity lost! :( :( Should a, would a, could a!! I think they are testing somewhere...hope it helps!! On to Kentucky!

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

lmalley

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:57 am

Re: SONOMA IN THE REAR VIEW MIRROR........:-( ON TO KENTUCKY

Ugh, back down to 15th! This roller coaster is making me queasy.
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Annalee wrote:Tony's car was never set up right! Maybe it was the weather.....??? Maybe it was the super moon! :roll: :roll: But we all know that Tony can drive a road course.......Sad to say but this could have been a race that sealed the deal for him making the chase.....I am afraid this is an opportunity lost! :( :( Should a, would a, could a!! I think they are testing somewhere...hope it helps!! On to Kentucky!

SHR is testing in New Hampshire.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

dirt93

Post Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:48 pm

Not a fan of Burton at the moment. Randomly driving into Tonys door when he was running 8th, for no reason, ruined Tony's day.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

Rachael J

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:31 am

dirt93 wrote:Not a fan of Burton at the moment. Randomly driving into Tonys door when he was running 8th, for no reason, ruined Tony's day.

Me either! :x
<<

housesandhogans

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:36 am

Rachael J wrote:
dirt93 wrote:Not a fan of Burton at the moment. Randomly driving into Tonys door when he was running 8th, for no reason, ruined Tony's day.

Me either. But the weird thing is that Tony seems to be taking this on his shoulders. The whole race for Tony just seemed strange.
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:16 am

housesandhogans wrote:
Rachael J wrote:

Me either. But the weird thing is that Tony seems to be taking this on his shoulders. The whole race for Tony just seemed strange.

I think the whole race was strange.......... That is why I put the " Super Moon" in! My scanner quit the last part of the race and I couldn't tell what was happening. Then on RACEHUB last night they made it look like it was all Tony's fault....after seeing what happened on the replays, I don't think Tony did anything wrong and that he sat in his car for awhile after the race.....then he gave Denny a ride home... :roll: :roll: :roll: :? :? :? Burton is probably frustrated with his racing career, but why take it out on Tony??? Maybe he didn't know he was down there??....Oh well on to Kentucky.....

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:37 am

not to mention tony ruined denny's day.......karma
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

TishR

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:08 pm

Your right this whole race was strange. I heard Steve "imply" during a pre-race interview that the car was set up for hot slick conditions and the didn't happen.

The deal with Burton I don't know. On Tony's race view camera there was an opening and he went for it. I don't know if Burton's spotter told him if Tony was there or not.

On to Kentucky and hopefully no ignition problems this year.
Tish
<<

Smoke_14

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:18 pm

To be fair, that wreck with Jeff and Tony was Smoke's fault. Tony was a good 2-3 car lenghts behind Jeff going into 11. Tony bombed him and he knew it. That is why Tony took that on himself Sunday.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

4smoke

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:29 pm

i was at this race and Tony did not reck denny ,i was sitting right there at that turn denny made a hard turn in ft. of tony ,there was no way tony could have avoided hiting him.the whole race was strange,i couldnt see to good at where burton and tony got together but as far as i could tell tony had a run and an opening and jeff cut him off.if any of you are ever going to go to sonoma go real early the place was a #### to get in to,,and had very limited places to get food or drink,.my first and last race at sonoma.
Welcome home to all our troops and vets.
<<

housesandhogans

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:37 pm

I didn't really see much of the Denny wreck, but the Burton one to me seems like it could go either way. From the replays, it looked like Burton either tried to block Tony or just get in front of him. Either way, Tony hit him. So, I don't know.

Tony was very quiet at the end of the race on his radio. He commented that at first he was trying to be careful and that when he did try to get aggressive, don't remember his exact words - but he basically said it bit him in the butt. Then he said the "too many mistakes" thing. He didn't say anything encouraging to the team, or anything like, we'll get it next week. Just nothing. He was either very discouraged or very tired.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:56 pm

the burton wreck was tonys fault & he knew it.
It is what us spotters call divebombing a corner. he didn't have position but just drove it in there. Burton drove his normal line because Tony shouldn't have dive bombed the corner. If tony had gotten position on Burton, Burton would have known not to take his normal line. Dive bombing means you don't have position, you just don't brake (until to late). Tony was calling himself stupid after they wrecked.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:31 pm

last i check tony had control of what his car does, he drove too fast and he wheel hopped and spun denny out, even old members here that communicate via fb said tony spun denny, at the end of the day, i dont care if he did or didnt, im just saying you cant have it boths ways, be mad cu someone messed up tony's day, when he did the same to another...
I will miss you Frehley........
<<

wolfgang

Post Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:31 pm

How dare any of you blame Tony,Tony never makes mistakes,why even the WOO drivers love him! The only problem being,the WOO drivers love it when he's not there! :lol: :lol:
I'm sure it's because he wins too much. ;)
Next

Return to Tony