FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

VINDICATION FOR ADDINGTON...........

<<

Annalee

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:40 pm

VINDICATION FOR ADDINGTON...........

Sometimes controversy brings the best out in Tony......he doesn't like it!! His answer to that is usually is winning..... It 's like take that!! It stirs a fire in him, that extra edge that he finds in himself something, to pull out the best he has.......... It is his way of getting through the controversy....He shuts them up by doing what he does best. Winning!!..... The weather is heating up.....summertime is Tony time.......let the fun begin!
The crew chief / driver relationship between Steve and Tony is much better,...... they are communicating better. Have they solved all their problems ?...No, but they are addressing it and working on it...that's all we can ask for....if they really want to shut everyone up......Go Win POCONO!!

Vindication for Addington
By: Pete Pistone - @PPistone on June 5, 2013 | 11:54 A.M. EST

“I enjoy racing and love racing and coming to work and working on these race cars but it is much more rewarding for me to walk into here on a Monday morning and seeing all of these people who put in the time, effort, and sweat on these race cars and that is what I get the joy out of."
Sunday’s FedEx 400 win by Tony Stewart at Dover Int’l Speedway came as more than a relief to crew chief Steve Addington.

Stewart’s first win in 31 races helped erase some of the doubt hanging over the Stewart-Haas Racing organization during the early season struggles of 2013. The slump triggered speculation about potential personnel moves inside the team, which triggered an angry response from Stewart after his Dover victory.

"I was ticked,” Stewart said. “I don't need that crap. I've got enough stuff to worry about, keeping three cars competitive and trying to get them in that state and having to deal with a bunch of bullcrap that's inaccurate and speculation.

“I'll be honest, it #### me off because it was a big distraction to my team, my organization. It kept us from doing our job, because people are hearing rumors and reading what you guys write, and it was totally inaccurate and unprofessional in my opinion.”

But Addington said Wednesday on SIRIUS/XM NASCAR Radio’s “The Morning Drive” he never felt his job threatened and Stewart was always squarely in his corner.

“Tony came in here and he sat down with me and said 'You are my crew chief' and he said this is going to be more rewarding than winning a championship once we get this thing turned around,” said Addington. “After that, I ignored thing and what is put out there is put out there and there is nothing you can do about it.

“It is the downside of what is put out there and planted in people’s heads when they do not know what is going on behind the scenes and they should come talk to the source rather than take rumors and run with it.”

Obviously Addington took pride in the 14 team’s victory Sunday and is certainly entitled to feeling more than a little vindication in the success in the wake of the speculation. But he was quick to point out it was a total team effort and understands what took place is sometimes part of a very competitive business.

“Well, I will address this (like this), this is not about Steve Addington and I do not promote myself,” Addington said on the channel’s morning show. “I have been doing this a long time and I understand the business but the bad part about it is, what is put out there does affect families and people in this business. I don’t let it get to me, I have won races and still lost my job and that made me take a whole new outlook on this.

“I enjoy racing and love racing and coming to work and working on these race cars but it is much more rewarding for me to walk into here on a Monday morning and seeing all of these people who put in the time, effort, and sweat on these race cars and that is what I get the joy out of.”
Related Topics:

NASCAR Sprint Cup

[/img]
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:31 pm

Re: VINDICATION FOR ADDINGTON...........

I've never felt a problem between Steve and Tony. He chose him for a reason. It isn't fair of the rumors and the naysayers but who can control that? The StewartHassRacing business stick together and it will be fine. Sounds like that is what they are doing. I'd say for a business as young as SHR is that they are doing awesome. Don't hear Gene Hass griping. All he ever wanted was wins and to take his teams to a championship. He did that with reworking his company with Tony Stewart. Who could ask for more?
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

dirt93

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:01 pm

That is right! JGR let him go after all those wins with Kyle.... I thought that was strange at the time but things happen for a reason... and then he went to Kurt and had to deal with him. I am sure he was happy to get out of that train wreck.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:57 am

As far as I'M concerned, Steve DIDN'T NEED any vindication OR validation. He won a bunch with Kyle and even did with Kurt until Kurt showed his A$$......I'm GLAD Tony brought him in. All he needs to do now is bring in "Booty" Barker for either the 39 OR the 10. If people don't know much about "Booty" Barker google his name and do some reading........ 8-) 8-) 8-)
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Annalee

Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:08 am

midwesternsmoke wrote:As far as I'M concerned, Steve DIDN'T NEED any vindication OR validation. He won a bunch with Kyle and even did with Kurt until Kurt showed his A$$......I'm GLAD Tony brought him in. All he needs to do now is bring in "Booty" Barker for either the 39 OR the 10. If people don't know much about "Booty" Barker google his name and do some reading........ 8-) 8-) 8-)

If I remember right wasn't Booty Barker with Haas Racing before Tony became a part of it? Also SHR needs a crew chief for Harvick.....maybe??
"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:24 am

I'll restate my opinion on Addington, because...why not. He'll win a few races a year...and never get close to a Championship...that's that. He won a bunch with Kyle in '08...in the REGULAR season, then crumbled and finished 10th. in points. The next year...didn't even make the Chase and bounced before the end of the year. With Kurt, nuthin' special...two wins per year and two 11 place points finishes in points. In fact, last year with Tony was Addington's best points season and that was just 9th. place. So, until he shows me somethin' different...he's just an average CC, nuthin' more.
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

ndunn

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:02 pm

I'm not debating whether or not Steve Addington will or will not win a championship. If he gives Tony a decent car Tony will drive the wheels off from it. There is chemistry between Tony, Zippy, and Steve. That is exactly what Tony needs to fulfill his desires. If this can't be done for Steve then he might just have to move on to Start & Park. I don't think being the CC for the Busch brothers at the time should show what Addington is capable of.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:13 pm

I think all of you make valid points concerning Addington as a crew chief. I like him, always have. I don't know whether he is a CC capable of winning a championship but there is NO doubt that he can surely win races. But here is what I think......the combination of Tony/Zippy/Steve is without a doubt a winner. I think they make each other better in their personal and business relationship. Show me folks who genuinely enjoy each other and you will see phenomenal things from them.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement

Return to Tony