FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

'Pi$$ed Off' Tony Stewart Unleashes On the Media

<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:45 am

'Pi$$ed Off' Tony Stewart Unleashes On the Media

Go get 'em, Tony!!! LOVE IT!! :D :D

If you haven't already seen this post-race media session video, you gotta watch it :!:

:arrow: http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/shakean ... dia-060313
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:59 am

Re: 'Pi$$ed Off' Tony Stewart Unleashes On the Media

Here is the you tube of Tony's interview with Bob Pockrass........ He is the same one Kurt unloaded on.......kinda think he deserves this...... :D :D

Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

TishR

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:52 am

Tony gave him what he deserved. I am very proud of Tony as he did hold it together pretty good considering who the idiot was asking the question. I did notice a few small nudges from Zippy during the interview. I think if Pockross would have even opened his mouth one more time it would have gotten a lot uglier just from the expression on Tony's face.
Tish
<<

osoblu

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:11 am

Loved also what Tony said on VL. They showed a montage of assorted wrecks that SHR has endured this year and Tony said that contrary to media's belief there have been some good things happening at SHR.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:49 am

Another post-race interview at Dover. He was already sounding ticked at the false rumors.

"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

rowdygirl

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:20 pm

Tony...you did a great job with the media...I do not know how you contained yourself
so well...Just wish NASCAR would do something with the media...and the crowds on pit
road...I don't know how you guys handle it so well...Congrats on the win yesterday...
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:00 pm

his cheese diet must be getting to him hahahaha wooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
<<

Schlooby

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:29 pm

That's what I like about him, he doesn't sugar coat anything, tells ya what's on his mind! Isn't he about due to throw a punch at someone?? lol
<<

Rachael J

Post Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:50 pm

That's why I love Smoke! Tells like it is! The media can be so aggarvating, start rumors, ask such silly questions. Hang in there with'em Tony!
My Favorite Drivers Dale Earnhardt Jr., Tony Stewart, Jimmie Johnson, Jeff Gordon, Kasey Kahne
<<

HTower

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:44 pm

Twisting the media's tail on purpose, especially a sleaze like that isn't exactly the best way to get good press coverage. They get to have the last word.
<<

dirt93

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:55 pm

Thats why I love Tony!! awesome
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

eve

Post Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:35 pm

Proud of the way Tony handled that. That could have gotten very ugly very fast but Tony kept his head and handled it like the professional that he is. It would be nice if the press would verify sources before they print things as fact. Rumors are ugly and have no place in legitimate press.
<<

kim92164

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:39 am

Maybe they (the press) enjoy seeing teams squirm and like to see the drama unfold. What the press done could have cost Tony and Ryan a chance in the chase. Hopefully they can rally back now. I love how Tony doesn't mince words in telling the press how he feels about what they done.
Press - go to the corner until you can behave. (Like that would ever happen)
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:33 am

I bet pockrass also loves it when Tony calls him out. Whoever he works for loves it as well. Stirring the pot is what the media does. that is what gets them mentioned. That is how they get noticed over the other media. So if you really think about it. Tony plays right into their hand.
ImageImageImage
<<

housesandhogans

Post Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:28 pm

Schmoopy1000 wrote:I bet pockrass also loves it when Tony calls him out. Whoever he works for loves it as well. Stirring the pot is what the media does. that is what gets them mentioned. That is how they get noticed over the other media. So if you really think about it. Tony plays right into their hand.

I think its a 2-way street. They think he gets riled up and I think he plays the media for all its worth when he can. I think Tony knows exactly what gets his face on the TV. This last one, as far as I am concerned wasn't even close to a rant..............he went on and on, but it wasn't like he was shouting at anyone or anything, he was just telling the truth in his sarcastic way. I do think there are times when it is genuine emotion (like after the Logano thing), but I think Tony mostly enjoys just giving the media sarcastic comments, just to stir the pot and see who plays it up. If you watch Race Hub, you can see that Steve B just laughs a lot when he talks about Tony's interviews. I think he "gets" Tony and the media.
Next

Return to Tony