FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

'Pi$$ed Off' Tony Stewart Unleashes On the Media

<<

eve

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:32 pm

Re: 'Pi$$ed Off' Tony Stewart Unleashes On the Media

The Tony that called out Bob - the so-called reporter- was Owner Tony. He handled it the way any owner would that is feed up with rumors being stated as fact. Tony has a business to protect and nurture, any unethical and false reports only hurt that business and he won't stand for it. I don't know any businessman who wouldn't.

Now snarky Tony is driver Tony. I love both of them. Maybe he courts the media a little. But the media takes some sick pleasure in baiting him. Tony can hold his own whether he is in owner mode or driver mode.
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:30 pm

eve wrote:The Tony that called out Bob - the so-called reporter- was Owner Tony. He handled it the way any owner would that is feed up with rumors being stated as fact. Tony has a business to protect and nurture, any unethical and false reports only hurt that business and he won't stand for it. I don't know any businessman who wouldn't.

Now snarky Tony is driver Tony. I love both of them. Maybe he courts the media a little. But the media takes some sick pleasure in baiting him. Tony can hold his own whether he is in owner mode or driver mode.

Your so right about Tony but the media has it coming because if they play nice he plays nice and if they don't well they usually get an ear full. The last I knew he still has most of that right to say what he feels unless it's about the G6 or what ever.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:01 pm

I just remembered I had this.

Tony Stewart Press Conference Anger Advisory Level.jpg
Tony Stewart Press Conference Anger Advisory Level.jpg (89.06 KiB) Viewed 514 times
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

michaeljohn

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:13 pm

that is actually funny HH, the "happy" one made me giggle....
I miss you Frehley........
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:18 pm

Yeah, I have no idea who to credit for making that graphic, but it is pretty funny, and still applicable today. ;) :lol:
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:17 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:I just remembered I had this.

Those are just plain cool and even if I'm not fond of that word "cool" it works. Tony should ask the media if they'd like the messages needlepointed on a pillow so they won't forget. I still think he should just stand there when a stupid question is asked and then say "Oh you want a real answer?"
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:13 pm

I just watched the post race interview again. I wish I had a dollar for every time he said crap....bet that's not the word he wanted to use.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

dirt93

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:43 pm

onerockindoc wrote:I just watched the post race interview again. I wish I had a dollar for every time he said crap....bet that's not the word he wanted to use.

You would have $5.00 for CRAP and a bonus $100.00 for a BULLCRAP..... wooo hoo. Don't spend it all in one place.....lol
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

onerockindoc

Post Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:09 pm

Dirt, that may be true, but I have never heard the word crap used that many times in such a short amount of time.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

housesandhogans

Post Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:47 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Dirt, that may be true, but I have never heard the word crap used that many times in such a short amount of time.

Seriously??? I must live in another world.
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:08 am

eve wrote:The Tony that called out Bob - the so-called reporter- was Owner Tony. He handled it the way any owner would that is feed up with rumors being stated as fact. Tony has a business to protect and nurture, any unethical and false reports only hurt that business and he won't stand for it. I don't know any businessman who wouldn't.

I thought the interview with Steve Addington the other day was interesting too. Since I don't think about the guys "in the shop" as much as I do the drivers and cc's and engineers that are at the track, when he made the comment that all the media stuff was causing the guys back at the shop to wonder why they should do anything the cc asks. Although I know it is all a business in the long run, I never really thought about it in those terms. And very possibly that has been a bigger problem than any of us realized. Because what has been the complaint? The cars aren't fast enough or good enough coming to the track. Well, if your guys back home aren't sure whether its worth it to do what the cc says...........could be why the cars aren't good enough.
<<

kim92164

Post Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:18 pm

I know I'm a couple weeks late and a couple bucks short, but here's a link to the entire (or almost entire) post race interview after Tony's win at Dover. I hope it works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am56Jw2DD9U
<<

tlmerk

Post Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:46 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:I just remembered I had this.

I LOVE this!!! (Kind of accurate too---Yikes).

I love Tony and I love journalism and I would never, ever want to interview Tony as a journalist. No way, no how.... couldn't pay me enough money! :D
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
Previous

Return to Tony