FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Radio chatter..................

<<

Annalee

Post Mon May 20, 2013 10:06 am

Radio chatter..................

Gotta love that man!!...

Here is some of the radio chatter from Saturday nite..........even when things with Tony's car are really bad.......you have to love his sense of humor.............. :lol: :lol:

I think what is so frustrating for me as a fan......is I don't like seeing him struggle with this and no plan or strategy on fixing it comes from the pit box. It is always 10-4, we'll talk about it. They need to try to fix things during the race when the car is acting the way it does... You can't recreate the problem with the car and try to solve it, by sitting around a table talking about it........They have tried that and that is not working...Also sounds like it is the feel of the car when it is in the traffic of the race, so testing to solve this would have to be of multiple cars traveling in a pack.......

CONCORD, N.C.—With a million dollars on the line, some drivers are not going to mince words on the radio.Here’s some of the best lines we heard from radio communications during the Sprint All-Star Race.

Dale Earnhardt Jr. early in the race: “It’s going to be hard. To have a really good race, the track needs to be hot and slick and it’s not going to happen tonight. It’s just going to be stuck behind people.”

Kurt Busch after wining the first segment: “You can’t lose track of trying to get 1 (million)—that’s more important at the end than trying to get 2 (million). Segment 1 complete. Over.”

Tony Stewart on his car: “I don’t know what the (expletive) we’re doing with this thing. It feels like (expletive).Crew chief Steve Addington: “Timing on the front off again?”

Stewart: “I don’t know, Steve. We haven’t been able to get close enough in a race to tell what it’s doing. I just know it’s not good. These guys can drive three car lengths (farther) into the corner than I can. … Let’s take the time to do whatever we want to do and do it right. Don’t worry about the track position and all that (expletive). Get it to where I can drive it.”

Tony Stewart on his teammate Danica Patrick and boyfriend Ricky Stenhouse Jr.: “The married couple, they’re bound and determined to wreck each other before this is over.”

Kurt Busch after final pit stop: “(Expletive) came out fifth. Fifth. One to fifth.”

Crew chief Todd Berrier: “10-4 man. You carried us all night. So I know you can do it.”

Busch: “But that’s a little bit disappointing. Third is fine. Second is great. First is what we’re supposed to do. Fifth?”

Kyle Busch during final segment as Jimmie Johnson was in the lead: “There’s (expletive) five-time walking away.”

Dale Earnhardt Jr. postrace to his team: “We should run better than that. I don’t think we’re where we need to be.”

Tony Stewart to his crew: “You guys are outperforming me 10-to-1 right now.”

Addington: “It’s not you, bud. We’ve got to give you something to drive. Keep your head up.”
Last edited by Annalee on Mon May 20, 2013 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon May 20, 2013 10:16 am

Re: Radio chatter..................

Annalee wrote:

Kyle Busch during final segment as Jimmie Johnson was in the lead: “There’s (expletive) five-time walking away.”

truer words could not be spoken, i love it!
<<

dartsec

Post Wed May 22, 2013 3:22 pm

Re: Radio chatter..................

Tony has got to catch some luck sooner or later...rather it be sooner. Everybody elses' cars seem to out perform his, why can't his crew get his right?

Return to Tony