FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Anybody know...

<<

Taskforce14

Post Sat May 11, 2013 9:38 pm

Anybody know...

...what DW said about SHR during the Pre race? Sounded like they were talking about possible changes but I missed it.
<<

eve

Post Sat May 11, 2013 10:44 pm

Re: Anybody know...

DW said that changes may be coming to SHR in the next few weeks. He said personnel and team people. At least Tony didn't get caught in someone else's mess and finished in the top 15. It's almost like a win after the season he's had so far.
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sat May 11, 2013 11:05 pm

DW said he had been talking to Zippy and he wouldn't be surprised if there were changes coming up. But, the talking heads have been saying that for a while now. Personally, I thought they did pretty good tonight overall and if they would just continue to improve like this.........maybe they don't need changes. Maybe they just need EVERYONE to be focused on making these cars better.
<<

Taskforce14

Post Sat May 11, 2013 11:08 pm

Those cautions seemed to ruin a top 10 for Tony tonight. He just seemed better on a long run. I think he killed it when he hit the wall. A non points race could be good right now to let them relax a little but it sure would be nice to make a dent in points soon.

Thanks for the replies about DW.
<<

ndunn

Post Sat May 11, 2013 11:34 pm

"Maybe" doesn't mean a thing. That sort of remark by someone who should be correct in what they say is a little off base. Waltrip should know better. His remark amounts to gossip.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sun May 12, 2013 12:26 am

That's exactly the way I took it. Someone asked him a question about SHR and he gave an answer. No real facts in the answer, just some talking.
<<

Smoke_14

Post Sun May 12, 2013 7:38 am

Well to be fair, DW is paid to give his opinion. I see nothing wrong with what he said. It has been "reported" that changes to personel at SHR is likely. All DW was doing was repeating those reports.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

ndunn

Post Sun May 12, 2013 10:56 am

I stand by what I said. Waltrip offers more rumors than most of the color crew does. It's like throwing a bunch of talk in a bucket and tossing it in the air. What sticks is true and what falls out is rumors. Of course Waltrip is paid to talk he works for FOX.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun May 12, 2013 11:47 am

I'm with ndunn on this one. I don't believe for one minute DW has been included in the loop as to possible changes coming to the organization.

In Addington's defense, the last 2 weeks communication has been stepped up tremendously. Maybe the 14 team is trending UP
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sun May 12, 2013 12:21 pm

I did not mean to disparage DW. He is asked for his opinion, he gives it and he gets paid for that. My problem with it is that so often it comes across as fact. It's not always stated clearly that it is his opinion. Someone who doesn't listen to them a lot could take it as fact. Personally, I believe about 50% of what any of them say. I will give the talking heads some credit. There are times they have an awful lot of air time to fill and not much real news. That must get really hard to do some times.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun May 12, 2013 12:22 pm

i wouldnt call losing 26 points to the points leader a good trend
<<

Jellikit

Post Sun May 12, 2013 5:54 pm

michaeljohn wrote:i wouldnt call losing 26 points to the points leader a good trend

Could have been worse. CK and JJ made a mistake in pitting late yesterday that probably cost them a top 2 finish or even a win. That 2nd to the last pit put them back where they never did manage to recover from a 5th place finish. (Yes, 4th, but had KK not ...ummm...spun.) ;)
They thought a little bit of a fresher tire would help, but it didn't. Track position was more important in that spot last night. A rare error for the #48 team that helped Matt get just a little closer.
<<

TishR

Post Sun May 12, 2013 7:28 pm

As far as DW I think he did get one thing right last night and that there must have been one heck of a meeting at SHR. It just seemed like everyone stepped up last night. Now can they just keep it going? We will have to wait and see what happens.
Tish
<<

eve

Post Mon May 13, 2013 8:10 pm

DW is an HMS man. He puts them front and center every weekend. He has always said that SHR is a satellite team of HMS. I disagree, but that's just a Tony fan keeping him separate from Hendricks. DW was wrong about Tony having success with SHR, but he was proven wrong with wins and then the championship. I don't feel what is going on now is DW's opinion coming true. It's the new car and SHR just hasn't got their arms around it fully yet. DW does spout opinions, but that is what he is paid to do. But he also knows this sport and has contacts. Did he have a conversation with Zippy? Maybe, and he may be just parroting some of what Zippy told him. We will have to wait and see.

I don't always agree with what the talking heads say, but I have never known them to flat out lie about something.
<<

beaverpond

Post Mon May 13, 2013 9:36 pm

I think talk is cheap and if it is coming out of DW's mouth then it ain't worth the crud you scrape off the bbq grill.
Image Image

The Nascar Sprint Cup Champion For 2014 Is...
Next

Return to Tony