FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

TONY AND HIS RACE TEAM.........

<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun May 12, 2013 6:08 pm

Re: TONY AND HIS RACE TEAM.........

@ approximately 2:52 he says "IF" then he corrects himself to "WHEN", that shows a lack of confidence in my eyes. Crucify me if you wish, its just an observation. :D
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Annalee

Post Sun May 12, 2013 6:24 pm

MW .....You are right......you were suppose to bring us good luck.? ;) My observations from last night and also listening on the scanner.
1. Pit crew did some phenomenal pit stops. They were spot on.....
2. Because this is a new car, SHR is having a hard time working on how to make the set ups right for each driver, and they haven't found it yet for either driver.. Last night on the in car camera in Ryan's car.....he looked soooooo uncomfortable. Tony's car was sometimes good and sometimes awful.....but it seemed everyone had struggles in getting their cars right!
3. Communication between Tony and Steve much better. They just haven't found whatever the IT factor is in the cars! But I really think they are on the right road.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

TishR

Post Sun May 12, 2013 7:23 pm

As far as last night goes I seen improvement until he got into the wall but he still hung on pretty good. As far as the engineering and the Darian connection I don't know, but I have a feeling there was more to Darian's leaving than we will ever know.
Tish
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sun May 12, 2013 9:06 pm

Annalee wrote:MW .....You are right......you were suppose to bring us good luck.? ;) My observations from last night and also listening on the scanner.
1. Pit crew did some phenomenal pit stops. They were spot on.....
2. Because this is a new car, SHR is having a hard time working on how to make the set ups right for each driver, and they haven't found it yet for either driver.. Last night on the in car camera in Ryan's car.....he looked soooooo uncomfortable. Tony's car was sometimes good and sometimes awful.....but it seemed everyone had struggles in getting their cars right!
3. Communication between Tony and Steve much better. They just haven't found whatever the IT factor is in the cars! But I really think they are on the right road.

That's all fine and good to be on the right road.....TROUBLE IS, they're runnin' outta time. Need 1 win and a couple of top 5's or the season is done.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sun May 12, 2013 11:55 pm

TishR wrote:As far as last night goes I seen improvement until he got into the wall but he still hung on pretty good. As far as the engineering and the Darian connection I don't know, but I have a feeling there was more to Darian's leaving than we will ever know.

I agree with you about the Darian thing. It was just strange. And I have heard it reported that Darian has been quoted since he left SHR that he would never work for any driver/owner again. Can't remember where I read that. It has to be hard to be the cc of an owner who signs your checks. Most of the cc's tell their drivers when they're going to test and stuff like that. How do you "tell" your boss what to do? I would think that would take a special kind of relationship.
<<

chevy39fan

Post Mon May 13, 2013 10:21 am

Changes are coming folks! We just won't know exactly when? :? :D 8-)
<<

eve

Post Mon May 13, 2013 7:32 pm

I always thought it was strange that Darian was informed after the Coke 600 that he would not be coming back in 2012. I know Tony hadn't won a race yet, but he had solid top 5's and top 10's. Once he got to the chase, he won 5 races and then the championship. It couldn't have been all about no wins. I agree that we will never know the whole story, but we shouldn't. That is internal SHR information that should absolutely not be published.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Mon May 13, 2013 8:10 pm

chevy39fan wrote:Changes are coming folks! We just won't know exactly when? :? :D 8-)

why do you say that? Did you hear something...... other than the stooges talking? (because they don't count)
ImageImageImage
<<

Smoke14Wins

Post Tue May 14, 2013 9:33 am

I'm dumber than a box of rocks when it comes to cars, but when I heard Tony say his driving style, style changes & that might be one this car doesn't & isn't going to like......HIS. HE may have to change his style to suit the car, something I'm sure he doesn't want to do. At this point in time, I think it's time to forget about My driving style & adjust to IT's driving style instead.

IF he wants it his way, he needs to only do it with his car & do other stuff with the other cars. They have 3 cars, try different stuff on each one until something is found to work. Time is a luxery they don't have if they plan on making the chase & winning a championship. I'm sure Tony & Zippy has told Steve what Tony likes. They just can't get it thru the brain dead car's mind.

Maybe they are playing 3 directions, or already are. Don't know.

I could be wrong, but I thought a good while back (1-2 yrs ago?) Johnson say he had to change his driving style to adjust to his car. I think that's going to have to be the case with any driver who has a certain "style" they like.
Smoke
"We know that Mother Nature is a woman. If she were a man, there would be no rain on race day."
<<

BlackFlag

Post Tue May 14, 2013 2:22 pm

Great interview! Thanks for posting that.
We're all still pulling for you, Tony!
My least favorite band in the history of music is called: Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
<<

ndunn

Post Tue May 14, 2013 8:20 pm

I don't understand exactly why Darian took the job of crew chief for Tony if he didn't want to deal with the boss thing. There was an interview back some time after the Homestead race that he gave a clue as to why he was letting Darian go. What I understood was a difference of personality between the two. Tony didn't say anything further and whoever was asking didn't push the subject. Difference in personality covers many things. It isn't the public's business anyway so the subject stays where it should be. SHR. only.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

housesandhogans

Post Thu May 16, 2013 12:15 am

ndunn wrote:I don't understand exactly why Darian took the job of crew chief for Tony if he didn't want to deal with the boss thing. There was an interview back some time after the Homestead race that he gave a clue as to why he was letting Darian go. What I understood was a difference of personality between the two. Tony didn't say anything further and whoever was asking didn't push the subject. Difference in personality covers many things. It isn't the public's business anyway so the subject stays where it should be. SHR. only.

I would suspect that if Darian had never worked for a driver/owner before, he had no clue what he was getting into. Tony was new at being the owner/boss too. So, it just may have been bad timing for the two of them to try and work together. Other than the end of the relationship just being strange............thought they all handled it well. Everyone kept their mouths shut. And, as you say, it stayed where it should have.............inside SHR. But those who keep saying that they need Darian back, really need to get over it.
<<

catskilltrikker

Post Sat May 18, 2013 10:01 pm

Like the man said if it was easy everyone would be fast every week. Like the confidence in what he says. Its not a matter of IF they will get better its a matter of WHEN.
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat May 18, 2013 10:19 pm

Well I do not want Darian back at SHR... He's fine where he is and is much appreciated. Besides, he said he wouldn't go back there and I don't blame him.

Tony has a strong personality so I would highly doubt he's a typical owner/driver. As far as driving styles goes, I'm sure most everyone is different in some way or another. If you need a different driving style for this car, then you either change or lose. That's pretty much your only choices. If they just haven't hit on the right combination of shocks, camber, whatever, then that's a different story. Time will tell but it gets shorter every week.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun May 19, 2013 12:24 am

his team got big problems,
I will miss you Frehley........
PreviousNext

Return to Tony