FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Keep in mind...

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon May 06, 2013 12:38 am

Keep in mind...

Tony is just a few points outside the top-20. If they get it turned around and Smoke wins himself a couple races this summer, that puts him in a great position to make the Chase as a wild card. He'd have no bonus points, but he didn't in 2011 either. Lightning might not strike twice, but there is no reason to give up hope yet. This year has been a misery, but don't throw in the towel just yet, y'all.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

HTower

Post Mon May 06, 2013 11:01 am

Re: Keep in mind...

Have you seen anything so far this year that says there will be a turnaround? I'm not panicking yet, I'm just hoping that there are signs pointing up
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon May 06, 2013 11:30 am

i will wait for the post that says "its not summer yet, thats when he heats up."
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Smoke_14

Post Mon May 06, 2013 12:42 pm

Though I don't foresee a turnaround happening at this moment, I will say that history is against you michaeljohn.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon May 06, 2013 12:53 pm

not against me buddy, i dont have a dog in this battle, wouldnt matter to me if he won the next 26 races or stayed where he is in points, by me saying what i did i was making a reference to how race fans will hold onto the lil thing to keep their hopes up
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon May 06, 2013 2:49 pm

I think at this point I'll have to agree with mj. He's never been this far back in points at this time of the season. That's why they're all asking what's up with SHR this year. There's something missing and I'm not on the bash Steve bandwagon, at least not yet. I'm thinking it's a bit of everything. Who knows, maybe Ryan's bad luck has rubbed off and then again maybe it's the strain of 3 Cup teams and the new car. That's just my opinion but something is definitely wrong...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon May 06, 2013 2:56 pm

My point is, despite the struggles he's holding right outside the top-20. If they can hit on something and get to running like we know they're capable of, he can crack the top-20 easily and hopefully pick up a couple wins which would put him in a spot to make the Chase as a wild card. Not saying it will happen, just saying there's no reason to give up hope yet. This sport is funny, it can turn on a dime. Tony's fans should know that as well as anybody. Think of '05, Tony wasn't running well for much of the spring/early summer. Then boom, second at Michigan, first at Sonoma, first at Daytona, three more wins in the next five races, and the romp never stopped until he had the trophy at Miami. Granted they were a lot better then than they are now, but the point is that with the wild card, there is still plenty of opportunity for big things to come out of 2013.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

azk8ster

Post Tue May 07, 2013 9:55 pm

I don't even have a towel to throw in :-)

The only way I'd ever give up on Tony is if he gives up on himself
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

im4tony

Post Wed May 08, 2013 8:13 am

azk. agree with you. Tony likes a challenge and he is in one right now. Summer is still 5 weeks away. I will never give up on Tony.
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

Annalee

Post Wed May 08, 2013 10:02 am

azk8ster wrote:I don't even have a towel to throw in :-)

The only way I'd ever give up on Tony is if he gives up on himself

I have a towel, but I will never ever give up on him either.......here is his 2011 championship car from Homestead. If he could pull that off....he can pull anything off. .......... CHALLENGE.....Tony thrives on that.... plus SUMMERTIME IS TONY TIME!!!! He loves a hot and slick race track.

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Wed May 08, 2013 10:41 am

Every time I get bummed out from all the negative posted about Tony I get out the DVD of the Homestead race of 2011 and sit and watch every second of it. If Tony can do that once he can do it again. Did Jimmy Johnson know when he signed with Hendricks he'd have 5 championships in his name at this time in his career? Of course he didn't as he was just happy to have a ride. This happens to most drivers as they never know when things will get hot and if they are joined by the right person.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.

Return to Tony