FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

All Star Race

<<

housesandhogans

Posts: 296

195

Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:24 pm

Post Thu May 09, 2013 6:36 pm

All Star Race

I've never been particularly interested in the all star race. But, am curious as to how the participants are picked. With this miserable season going on and on and on...........will Tony be in the All Star competition?
<<

HiddenHollow

User avatar

Posts: 9263

Images: 3
1668

Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:44 am

Location: Tampa, FL

Post Thu May 09, 2013 7:21 pm

Re: All Star Race

The Sprint All Star race is between race winners from the previous season and the beginning of the current season, as well as the past ten event winners and the past decade's Cup Series champions. Two other ways to become eligible to race in the event are finishing first or second in the Sprint Showdown (a 40-lap race in two 20-lap segments for drivers not eligible for the main event), or by winning the fan vote. The race's distance is 90 laps, 135 miles (217.3 km) and is separated into four segments of 20 laps and a final 10 lap run to the finish.

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASCAR_Spr ... -Star_Race

Yes, Tony is qualified for this year's race.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

jsw14

User avatar

Posts: 3319

Images: 2
410

Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:00 am

Location: Florida

Post Thu May 09, 2013 8:30 pm

Re: All Star Race

HiddenHollow wrote:The Sprint All Star race is between race winners from the previous season and the beginning of the current season, as well as the past ten event winners and the past decade's Cup Series champions. Two other ways to become eligible to race in the event are finishing first or second in the Sprint Showdown (a 40-lap race in two 20-lap segments for drivers not eligible for the main event), or by winning the fan vote. The race's distance is 90 laps, 135 miles (217.3 km) and is separated into four segments of 20 laps and a final 10 lap run to the finish.

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NASCAR_Spr ... -Star_Race

Yes, Tony is qualified for this year's race.

Good Info H, I kind-a wondered who was eligible too :)
BS & Brilliance only come with Age & Experience!!
Image "Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012
Image #SmokeWillRise
<<

dirt93

User avatar

Posts: 663

Images: 48
310

Joined: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:59 pm

Location: California

Post Thu May 09, 2013 11:56 pm

Re: All Star Race

I like it because it's a way smaller car count and a shorter race.
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

HTower

User avatar

Posts: 913

185

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:33 am

Location: Chicagoland Speedway

Post Fri May 10, 2013 1:19 am

Re: All Star Race

dirt93 wrote:I like it because it's a way smaller car count and a shorter race.


The All Star Race is a nice diversion, but I've always liked watching different pit strategies, something you don't get to see in the All Star race.
<<

eve

Posts: 129

200

Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:09 pm

Post Fri May 10, 2013 1:45 am

Re: All Star Race

If memory serves, Tony won the All Star Race in 2009. It was the first race he won for SHR . It was the first time the crew guys had ever been in victory lane and I think Gene Haas was there as well. If I'm wrong, please correct me.
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 3934

460

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Fri May 10, 2013 1:55 am

Re: All Star Race

eve wrote:If memory serves, Tony won the All Star Race in 2009. It was the first race he won for SHR . It was the first time the crew guys had ever been in victory lane and I think Gene Haas was there as well. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

yeah that is correct. it was the race Ryan was gonna win before Kyle & Gordon got into each other & pushed Ryan into the wall.
Both Tony & Ryan have won the all star race so unless they change the rules all three SHR cars will be in the all Star race (you know Danica is gonna win the fan vote)

http://www.jayski.com/news/stats/2013/s ... -Star-Race
ImageImageImage
<<

HTower

User avatar

Posts: 913

185

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:33 am

Location: Chicagoland Speedway

Post Fri May 10, 2013 9:32 am

Re: All Star Race

Schmoopy1000 wrote:Both Tony & Ryan have won the all star race so unless they change the rules all three SHR cars will be in the all Star race (you know Danica is gonna win the fan vote)

http://www.jayski.com/news/stats/2013/s ... -Star-Race


It's almost too bad that Jr. won at MIS last year, otherwise that would be an impressive battle for the fan vote.
<<

michaeljohn

User avatar

Posts: 7393

Images: 0
2265

Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Post Fri May 10, 2013 9:55 am

Re: All Star Race

well they still got the most popular driver vote, i think this year i will have to vote so there is no injustice hahaha
Image
<<

Annalee

User avatar

Posts: 4511

1567

Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Location: Home of NASCAR

Post Fri May 10, 2013 8:54 pm

Re: All Star Race

It is a great race......fast, under the lights, all out, no fuss, no muss no glory....no points just money!! ONE MILLION DOLLARS TO THE WINNER!! :). Watch for passes in the grass, brothers wrecking brothers...strategy and lots and lots of action!! Tony and Ryan will always be in it because they have won it! Danica will probably get in on popular vote....ya think!?!? :lol: :lol: Next to the pit crew challenge it's my favorite race!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:This will either be a very expensive race for SHR,..............or very profitable! I have been to the last three!

In 2009 my friend was given Tony's towel from the winner's circle and I made her put in her will, that THE TOWEL will be passed on to ME when she goes to the great "Race Track in the sky"!!!!! :lol: :lol:
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

wolfgang

User avatar

Posts: 2701

Images: 3
375

Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 2:21 pm

Post Fri May 10, 2013 11:04 pm

Re: All Star Race

Danica in the All-Star Race,i don't think so :!:
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

Schmoopy1000

User avatar

Posts: 3934

460

Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:45 pm

Post Fri May 10, 2013 11:41 pm

Re: All Star Race

wolfgang wrote:Danica in the All-Star Race,i don't think so :!:

well they have to do the radio sweetheart & I am not sure if Kurt is in it :mrgreen:
ImageImageImage
<<

Jellikit

Posts: 1114

1474

Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:13 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA

Post Sat May 11, 2013 4:50 pm

Re: All Star Race

I wouldn't be surprised if Danica wins the vote. She's in the top 10 right now and has tremendous support across the country.
<<

Jellikit

Posts: 1114

1474

Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:13 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA

Post Sat May 11, 2013 4:56 pm

Re: All Star Race

Let me change that after reading this...
http://beyondtheflag.com/2013/05/09/sprint-all-star-race-fan-vote-predictions/

I'd BE SURPRISED if Danica DIDN'T make the all-star race.

Return to Tony

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests

stewart haas logo footer



Terms of Use  |  Site Map  |  Privacy Policy  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us
COPYRIGHT © STEWART-HAAS RACING, LLC. All rights reserved.
Do not duplicate or redistribute in any form.
Approved by Tony Stewart & Gene Haas
PLEASE REPORT ANY PROBLEMS OR COMMENTS TO THE WEBMASTER