FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Talladega

<<

Smoke_14

Post Sun May 05, 2013 8:51 pm

Re: Talladega

eve wrote:Don't count Tony out just yet. He was doing great before Kyle got stupid. And he was running with the lead pack even though he was 5 laps down. On to Darlington and hope the turn comes there. I think that they have hit on something, if so, it will show at Darlington.

Dega is Dega. I knew it heading into this race, and I know it now as I type this. Shame, but at least he was able to pick up spots from that last big wreck. All he could hope for really. And yes, if SHR and the 14 is going to improve, it will have to be at Darlington. If they did find something, then we will see it. I was hoping Dega would go our way, but I knew that would all depend on luck. But these next 3 races, Darlington, Charlotte and Dover will reveal whether or not this 14 team can turn it around. He needs top 10's in all 3 races to show that they have found something. I'm not looking for wins, because for one no team just magically goes from mid-20's to wins, but these 3 tracks are not exactly kind to Smoke fans.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun May 05, 2013 9:01 pm

Dega always sucks if you don't win or get caught up in the big one,it's actually one driver that _ucks it up for everyone and that's about all i can agree with either Ryan or Tony from past tense with their statements.Personally,i thought the race was gonna be called and it should have been rather than three hours later they decide to run the rest of it! :shock: :roll:
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sun May 05, 2013 9:55 pm

I thought it was a long strange race..........but pretty typical Talledega. Tony sounded fairly upbeat on his radio at the end, not the frustration that I've heard in some of his previous races this year. He apologized for doing something at the earlier part of the race that sounded like he thought he put himself in the wrong place and got caught up in that wreck. And he was asking about who Ryan was mad at. I'm sure he wasn't happy inside..........but he was chatty on the outside, and didn't sound angry which, to me, is a good sign.
<<

Jellikit

Post Sun May 05, 2013 10:46 pm

michaeljohn wrote:i dunno about that, i think it will be matty.....

Agreed....Matt is having a tremendous year. A couple hiccups are keeping him from the top 3, if not the top position, in points.
<<

eve

Post Mon May 06, 2013 4:23 pm

The error Tony was talking about was running in the back longer than he did. If he had, he wouldn't have gotten caught up in Kyle stupidity. He did prove he could come from the back to the front. After Denny was safe in the pits, he went from 40th to 17 in about 5 laps. At the end he was asking which car he could help, 39 or 10 to get a better finish. As it happened, neither finished the race due to Danica's boyfriend driving over his head.

I have a picture from Tony's Smokies showing Zippy talking to Addington, Gibson and Tony. So maybe a discussion has happened and they are moving in the correct direction.
<<

PAMN

Post Mon May 06, 2013 7:09 pm

TONY IS A CHAMPION DRIVER AND HE CAN OVERCOME THE BAD LUCK HE HAS HAD SO FAR THIS YEAR!! I LOVE AND BELIEVE IN HIM!!! :D
<<

TnyStwrtFn1971

Post Mon May 06, 2013 7:16 pm

That was long weird race!! Glad to Denny though!! And that Tony is a class act by going to the back with Denny to help him!! :lol:
JUST WISH TONY COULD TURN HIS SEASON AND LUCK AROUND..
<<

wolfgang

Post Thu May 09, 2013 9:34 pm

Would be NICE if TONY helped Newman for once! :twisted:
Junior Johnson/Cale Yarborough/Dale Earnhardt Snr./DougWolfgang
Ron Hornady/Kevin Harvick/Brad Keselowski/Sammy Swindell
Kyle Larson and Ryan Blaney!
Previous

Return to Tony