FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Yes, it' s been a rough year, but....

<<

Fear the Redhead

Post Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:13 pm

Yes, it' s been a rough year, but....

Sometimes it takes our driver a bit to warm up. He is dealing with a new car, tons of criticism and for anyone to be in the position he is in and still retain his sense of humor speaks of the Champion that he is. I hope that he finds time to indulge his passion on the dirt and take some time just for himself. He gives so much to the sport, his fans and charity that he deserves to enjoy his life, the way he wants to. Hopefully the stars will align for him in Richmond (especially since I will be there lol) and he will find himself in the winner's circle where he belongs. To the doubters, don't count him out, and never forget.........SMOKE RISES!!!!

Women who behave, rarely make history!
<<

tonysgal

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:20 pm

Re: Yes, it' s been a rough year, but....

very well said!!

tg

love my Smoke and Schatz
the nice things about race cars is some days they're awesome and some days you can't find your ####- Donny Schatz
<<

eve

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:21 pm

When he started in cup and had the temper issues, after the intervention Zippy did Tony figured out what he needed to do. GO HOME. He has that beautiful property and home in Columbus Indiana that he rarely sees during the season. Maybe he needs to head there after Saturday nights race and stay there for a few days. Take the time to decompress, figure some things out and reboot.

When I was married, we had a place outside of Ocean City Maryland, and we went there almost every weekend during the summer. My job was stressful in the summer and this gave me the opportunity to relax, reboot and be ready for the next week. I am divorced now, and I have spent the last few days in Ocean City to just get away and relax. I'm retired now, so no rebooting is needed. I feel rested and ready to tackle cleaning my spare bedroom out so it can be used.

This is what Tony needs. Get away from all of it, clear his head of all the noise, and maybe, just maybe he will be able to make some much needed decisions.
<<

Fear the Redhead

Post Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:22 pm

I agree Eve, He's not a kid anymore and his body had taken so much abuse over the years that he could probably use the downtome for himself. one thing about our driver though is that he seems to put himself last. I feel badly for him when he gives so much back to the sport and especially all of the charity work he does. Seeing fans tearing at him when he is down really makes me sick, I hope that he finds peace.....
<<

smokieonefour

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:57 pm

Fear the Redhead wrote:. Seeing fans tearing at him when he is down really makes me sick, I hope that he finds peace.....

Me too... on a serious note ... and on a lighter note... I'd sure like the opp to make him feel better. ;-) Nuff said... :-D hee hee hee
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

Fear the Redhead

Post Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:35 pm

well heck, that's a given at least for me!!!

Return to Tony