FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Is a "TOP TEN" to much to ask for?

<<

Annalee

Post Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:54 pm

Is a "TOP TEN" to much to ask for?

I was so hoping for some sign of life in the 14 camp, something,anything ......but nada, nothing! Tony hated his car in all the practices, no adjustments helped...why can't they get a handle on it? I can't even find one positive thing to say.......... :( Except at least with the new paint job you will be able to see where he is on the track.....perfect..we will be able to pick him out when he is being passed by the field! :cry: :cry:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

eve

Post Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:05 pm

Re: Is a "TOP TEN" to much to ask for?

Well, they can't blame this on his running dirt on Friday night. It was rained out at Paducah (sp?) last night. Talking heads got weather report during qualifying and said it was raining there and the races had been called off. Still say it's time for Zippy to step in. Steve is just not getting the job done. That car should have been ready off of the truck. Now Tony will have to fight with it tomorrow and hope Steve will listen when he tells him what changes to make. Please Zippy, help him !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:35 pm

I'm beginning to hate weekends as the struggles continue. I'm down but NOT out
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

TishR

Post Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:17 pm

I watched the second practice and heard Tony said that none of the changes helped what they needed and just sat here and went ugh. Something's gotta give.
Tish
<<

housesandhogans

Post Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:19 pm

It makes even watching the practice sessions frustrating doesn't it? To me it seems weird because even the "single car" teams, Casey Mears and Kurt Bush, seem to have the new car figured out. We seem to be the only team that doesn't. I used to think that Tony could pretty much take any piece of ______ car and drive it to the front. But, alas, that just doesn't seem to be the case this year.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:29 pm

It has been frustrating watching Tony in the practices so far this year. :(
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500
<<

Banjo14

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:43 am

Well, practice times are really close -- from fastest to 30th, differences are in tenths of seconds. Maybe today's the day, they hit ( UH OH, BAD CHOICE OF WORDS), I mean: come up with
something.
GO LIKE STINK, SHR!
<<

Rochelle

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:45 am

Annalee wrote:I was so hoping for some sign of life in the 14 camp, something,anything ......but nada, nothing! Tony hated his car in all the practices, no adjustments helped...why can't they get a handle on it? I can't even find one positive thing to say.......... :( Except at least with the new paint job you will be able to see where he is on the track.....perfect..we will be able to pick him out when he is being passed by the field! :cry: :cry:

Arghhhhhhhhhhh... What's happening to this world when Annalee uses a sad face???????? Annalee, say it ain't so :shock: :shock: :shock:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:25 pm

I'm not looking forward to the race. This is no fun. But who knows, it can turn on a dime. In 2005 he'd been junk most of the year till they hit Michigan in June, he dominated and ran second there. Won Sonoma the next week, had three finishes OUTSIDE the top-10 the rest of the way, and got his second Cup. The 2011 turnaround is a bit more recent so I don't need to refresh any memories there. Maybe they'll stumble on something or figure out something that gets him up to speed.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Smoke_14

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:30 pm

I can't imagine what was said on the 14 radio today. Just junk all day. Same issue again it seems. No turn into the corner. Walks up the hill in the center with no drive off. Something has to give and really soon. With this pace he will be multiple laps down at Richmond next week.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:37 pm

maybe its those asshats that the CC wears and the smell is throwing him off...... ;)
I miss you Frehley........
<<

Banjo14

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:49 pm

Maybe they could borrow a rear-end housing from Penske, and Addington could get suspended...
GO LIKE STINK, SHR!
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:51 pm

At least they fixed somethin' today...that orange WAS easier to spot while runnin' mid-pack. ;) ... :roll:
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

TishR

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:54 pm

I don't even want to think about next weekend. This was painful to watch.
Tish
<<

eve

Post Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:02 pm

I listened to Tony's radio as always. He wasn't upbeat but not #### like last week. He sounded more resigned that they would not do well no matter what. Steve did listen when Tony told him the car was tight and Tony made suggestions as to what to do. It wasn't the same "o.k. 10-4" that usually comes out of Steve's mouth. Even the talking heads said that SHR needs to go back to attending the HMS competition meetings like they did when Darin was there. If the talking heads are saying this, maybe Tony can convince Zippy, Steve, Tony G. & Matt that they need to attend.
Next

Return to Tony