FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Pledge to Tony: "I won't duck and run"

<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:45 am

Pledge to Tony: "I won't duck and run"

Appropriate that 3 Doors Down's "Duck and Run" happens to be the main theme song on the Tony Stewart: Smoke DVD. The line, as quoted in the title, goes "I won't duck and run." Well, I dunno if Tony or anyone who is around Tony will even see this, but I think it's important that we show solidarity with Smoke and the team during this struggle.

We're all frustrated. Admittedly it isn't much fun to watch the race right now knowing that he is going to have a long day. Honestly I thought Texas might be the start of a turnaround, but I was obviously way off target. But I'm not thinking about changing drivers, not thinking about finding another way to spend my time. I'm thinking about how gratifying it's going to be once they get this deal turned around. This is the toughest slump I can recall of Tony's Cup career in terms of being uncompetitive, but I'm staying the course and I know the rest of you are too. It's easy to pull for him when he's winning and showing that he's the best in the business, but the real Tony Stewart fans are the ones that stand with our guy when things aren't going well on and/or off the track.

A couple years ago, during the run to that amazing third title, the battle cry "I'm with Smoke" was born. Well now's the time to stand up and say it loudly and proudly and let him and the team know that you're with them 100%. Hopefully he can still see us cheering in the grandstand and knows we're still pulling for him at home.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:09 am

Re: Pledge to Tony: "I won't duck and run"

stay loyal smoke14. When he runs good it will feel that much better.
ImageImageImage
<<

im4tony

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:59 am

Smoke 14...well said.

I will never give up on Smoke. He likes a challenge so maybe this will be the trigger to get him going. Remember it wasn't until the summer in past years when Smoke used to shine ....
"This is my house" Tony at the Glen
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:51 am

Like I said last night. I'm a 14/18/2 girl. In that order.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

ndunn

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:04 am

I always have been with Smoke good times and not so good. I wasn't able to watch the race last night but happened to see a clip of his car taking a slide sideways into his pit stall. It's crap like that he has put up with this year. It's still a young year and he'll rebound. I want him to get the spirit he had for the chase in 2011........... :D
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:22 am

"I'm with Smoke," too, but he has to change something at SHR. I'm still a fan but I can't believe he is happy with SHR's overall performance so far this year.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

*****Countdown to the 2015 Daytona 500*****
<<

NASCARNan

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:41 am

Well put Smoke14TS! I am proud to say: I am with Smoke! :D
NASCAR Nan
<<

Jellikit

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:15 pm

Just call me "Fire" .....

....cause where there's Smoke, there's Fire! Image
<<

im4tony14

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:34 pm

I'm for Tony no matter what he is racing!!!!! :D
<<

kim92164

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:18 am

I've been a fan of Tony's for less than 2 years and no matter what I WILL NOT give up on him. He knows how to drive and I have faith that things will start to turn around for him. As the quote goes: I'M WITH SMOKE!!!!
<<

tonysgal

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:48 pm

wow, the Smoke Nation is in definite uproar. but we need to stay behind Tony and not throw him under the bus. i don't care if he is racing his cup car or his winged sprint car, i am there for him, behind him and with him. no ifs ands or buts. thats just the way it is. yeah, right now things are not good at all, but this man will get it worked out and he will be ok. he may have to clean house, but he will take care of it. as far as his dirt racing goes, this is just what he does and he enjoys it. let him alone.

tg

LOVE MY SMOKE AND SCHATZ
the nice things about race cars is some days they're awesome and some days you can't find your ####- Donny Schatz
<<

ndunn

Post Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:05 pm

Tony will never "get thrown under the bus" he'll get in and race it first. I always wanted him to get the UPS sponsor money so he could make really cool commercials. Jarret was good but Tony would be better.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

<<

Annalee

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:04 pm

There is something about Tony.....maybe it's the fire in his spirit, the twinkle in his eye, the generosity in his heart, but how could you not love that face.....That's our Tony! The day he quits racing is the day I quit watching........it's not a race unless he's in it!

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

ndunn

Post Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:13 pm

Annalee wrote:There is something about Tony.....maybe it's the fire in his spirit, the twinkle in his eye, the generosity in his heart, but how could you not love that face.....That's our Tony! The day he quits racing is the day I quit watching........it's not a race unless he's in it!

I totally agree Annalee. It's Tony or no one for me. He is the only reason I'm interested in racing.

<<

muskrat

Post Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:00 am

This is powerful and I hope that by the time all is said and done, EVERY TRUE Smoke checks in. I have been a fan and will always be a fan, Not just of his driving but of his charitable works too. Most of us have been there through the rough years and WE AIN"T GOING ANYWHERE.
Good Job Smoke14TS
I would rather be hated for who I am than Loved for what I ain't
Next

Return to Tony