FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Is SHR getting Hendrick "B" stock gear?

<<

Orgelkraft

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:41 pm

Is SHR getting Hendrick "B" stock gear?

When I see JR fastest in practice and ALL THREE SHR cars back in the weeds I HAVE to wonder... I KNOW Tony is an A grade driver and regardless of the TV blowhards, Ryan is A grade... Obviously Danica CAN turn a fast lap.... WHAT GIVES????? Are a select few getting the "good" gear???? :roll:

Mark
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:57 pm

Re: Is SHR getting Hendrick "B" stock gear?

there is no "B" gear at HMS, everyone gets the same, Hendrick is a business man, he isnt going to peddle off inferior equipment to another team, its the teams personal that put limitations on the equipment.
I miss you Frehley........
<<

8Ballin

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:12 pm

I'll keep disputing you on this michaelj - the results over the past year just don't indicate at all that SHR is operating with the same stuff. Prior to Martinsville last year, yes I would agree they were all pretty close but I think there was a philosophy shift at HMS after that race.

I think the actual engines and chassis are probably up to spec but is likely to do with the information flow of setups to SHR has changed. Or the engine tuning itself...Hendrick may have a few tricks up their sleaves getting more HP out of their team motors. But they could also be doing something trick in their chassis that isn't being provided to anyone else.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:50 pm

8Ballin wrote:I'll keep disputing you on this michaelj - the results over the past year just don't indicate at all that SHR is operating with the same stuff. Prior to Martinsville last year, yes I would agree they were all pretty close but I think there was a philosophy shift at HMS after that race.

I think the actual engines and chassis are probably up to spec but is likely to do with the information flow of setups to SHR has changed. Or the engine tuning itself...Hendrick may have a few tricks up their sleaves getting more HP out of their team motors. But they could also be doing something trick in their chassis that isn't being provided to anyone else.

that might be, but all the equipment is the same. If SHR tuners aren't as good as HMS, that is no wrong doing by HMS.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:56 pm

tony and his CC sit in on the HMS meetings on monday, yea there is no doubt chad doesnt give up info, but should he? should any CC? Remember why tony did so well is because darren use to be part of that HMS brain trust, i would be shock to think HMS pawned off "B" equipment.
<<

kevinmboots77

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:02 pm

I think it has more to do with the loss of Grubb and his HMS insider knowledge than anything else. I love Zippy but they should have kept Grubb as competition director.
"I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend to the death your right to say it."-Voltaire
"Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so as well." Voltaire
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:50 pm

Personally I believe the breakdown is once the equipment gets to SHR. That's on them, not HMS. Not all HMS cars are equal every week. Besides the fact that all drivers like a different "feel" to their cars. SHR is just not putting it all together. Doesn't anyone remember Denny commenting on the fact that when he was the only one in the Chase last year, he got the best equipment over Kyle and Joey? That was his response to a question regarding whether not having a teammate in the Chase was beneficial or a detriment. For those reasons, he thought it was a good thing. The wind tunnel testing and the post machine is done by the individual shops. Hendrick is big on sharing the notebook stuff so I'm thinking Chad's might be a tad incomplete and bully for him. When 1/1000 makes a difference in the pole and/or winning, I say more power to him. You can take that literally if you like... :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

eve

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:01 pm

Do you actually think that Cheating Chad would be completely honest in a competition meeting? If so, I have a bridge in Arizona you can buy !!!! HMS may share information, but Chad won't share what he feels will give JJ an advantage, whether legal or not. Steve needs to man up and get a handle on the Gen-6 and get on with it. If he can't, replace him with Zippy or someone who can do the job.
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:08 pm

We don't have many bridges here in AZ and I know for a fact none of them are for sale :lol:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

Smoke_14

Post Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:59 pm

From what I am told, the equipment is the same for all HMS teams and affiliates. The only difference is that HMS is given access to all SHR notes, while SHR is only privy to limited HMS notes. Cost of getting top equipment.
Leave the Ears On the Dog
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:07 am

michaeljohn wrote:tony and his CC sit in on the HMS meetings on monday, yea there is no doubt chad doesnt give up info, but should he? should any CC? Remember why tony did so well is because darren use to be part of that HMS brain trust, i would be shock to think HMS pawned off "B" equipment.

And how do you know this?? Do you sit in on the meetings or work for Hendricks? :roll: :roll:

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:19 am

Annalee wrote:
michaeljohn wrote:tony and his CC sit in on the HMS meetings on monday, yea there is no doubt chad doesnt give up info, but should he? should any CC? Remember why tony did so well is because darren use to be part of that HMS brain trust, i would be shock to think HMS pawned off "B" equipment.

And how do you know this?? Do you sit in on the meetings or work for Hendricks? :roll: :roll:

it was reported on jayski last summer, i even posted a story on it, i remember t clearly cu it stated that tony and steve were there but tony gibson never showed up, i have no reason to make it up, i remember you bringing up karma this year about another driver, maybe that karma caught up to someone else.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:30 am

michaeljohn wrote:
Annalee wrote:

it was reported on jayski last summer, i even posted a story on it, i remember t clearly cu it stated that tony and steve were there but tony gibson never showed up, i have no reason to make it up, i remember you bringing up karma this year about another driver, maybe that karma caught up to someone else.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I remember that too, because I can understand why tony was there (an owner) but his CC was there too & TG was never there. I was pi$$ed as a Ryan fan not having his CC in those meetings.
ImageImageImage
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:40 am

the only reason i remember it and posted it, was cuz of the tuna not showing up, now i dont know if he was excluded or tony and steve would just pass on what they heard, but it was a growl moment.
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:22 pm

Find it and I'll believe it....... :roll:

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
Next

Return to Tony