FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

TEAM MATES............

<<

Annalee

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:55 am

TEAM MATES............

This is what they look like.............

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:01 pm

Re: TEAM MATES............

pretty much all drivers get along like that, not just a tony, denny thing, ya think ya put up ryan, but we know king tony is dumping him at the end of the year.
<<

smoke14rulez

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:51 pm

michaeljohn wrote:pretty much all drivers get along like that, not just a tony, denny thing, ya think ya put up ryan, but we know king tony is dumping him at the end of the year.

If there's sponsorship, Ryan will stay. Tony's made it CLEAR he wants Ryan to stay. He likes Ryan and respects his abilities, that's why he brought him here in the first place. If anyone is "dumping" Ryan...it's the sponsors.
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:38 pm

smoke14rulez wrote:
If there's sponsorship, Ryan will stay. Tony's made it CLEAR he wants Ryan to stay. He likes Ryan and respects his abilities, that's why he brought him here in the first place. If anyone is "dumping" Ryan...it's the sponsors.

Oh, you didn't get the memo that it's Stewart's fault that if people are going to sign on with the team, they want to sign on with a three-time champ instead of the guy who's whole reputation is winning poles and he can't even seem to do that anymore?

I like Ryan a lot, would love him to stay, but it's amusing as #### to read his fans talking about how awful Tony is because the companies don't want to sign onto the 39 when the 14 is sitting there available.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:48 pm

The sponsors pick who they want depending on their "band for the buck". The Army leaving was the big blow, especially since they were not forced to leave due to that legislation. With the other branches of the Armed Services staying, that tends to look bad for Ryan. I'm sure Ryan's sponsorships are less money than Tony's, which is only fair with his 3 championships, but I don't believe Tony is taking sponsors from anyone, except from outside of SHR. That's just the way I see it... :D
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 7:24 pm

how quickly people forget how tony had a problem with denny in his first year, dumped him at daytona, but thats ok.............
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:04 pm

michaeljohn wrote:how quickly people forget how tony had a problem with denny in his first year, dumped him at daytona, but thats ok.............

They're obviously long past it, that picture is from this year, there have been plenty others of them hamming it up in recent years. Also, after Denny had lost the title in 2010, the had the camera on him for several seconds and Stewart was there - based off body language - giving him a pep talk.

Show me someone Tony got off on the right foot with or hasn't had a problem with at one time or another. That's his personality, he clashes with folks now and then, but you know what? You always see him getting along great with them. Examples include Gordon, Johnson, Bowyer, Edwards, even his good buddies Harvick and Newman. It's racing, sometimes you're going to have spats. They obviously don't linger.

You're just trying to stir #### up, as per usual.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

<<

eve

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:59 pm

The worst team mates I ever saw in this sport was Mike Skinner with Dale Earnhardt. Mike was rude, never worked with Dale, if anything he worked against him. Skinner didn't last long, either. Tony has been and continues to be a good team mate to whoever he is working with. He may have problems with some drivers from time to time, but he resolves it and moves on. Joey is different, he has no respect for the veterans of this sport. He had better get some because the veterans won't tolerate it. If he doesn't give them the respect they have earned, he won't last long in this series.
<<

Schmoopy1000

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:13 pm

eve wrote:The worst team mates I ever saw in this sport was Mike Skinner with Dale Earnhardt. Mike was rude, never worked with Dale, if anything he worked against him. Skinner didn't last long, either. Tony has been and continues to be a good team mate to whoever he is working with. He may have problems with some drivers from time to time, but he resolves it and moves on. Joey is different, he has no respect for the veterans of this sport. He had better get some because the veterans won't tolerate it. If he doesn't give them the respect they have earned, he won't last long in this series.

I think the worst teammate ever was Rusty Wallace. he didnt like or work with any of his teammates (except for the small amount of time Mike Wallace raced for penske)
ImageImageImage
<<

eve

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:51 pm

I'd forgotten about Rusty, and you are right. He gave Ryan Newman a real tough time. He was a touch me not driver anyway. He threatened Dale Sr. a number of times. He just had issues.
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:44 am

eve wrote:The worst team mates I ever saw in this sport was Mike Skinner with Dale Earnhardt. Mike was rude, never worked with Dale, if anything he worked against him. Skinner didn't last long, either. Tony has been and continues to be a good team mate to whoever he is working with. He may have problems with some drivers from time to time, but he resolves it and moves on. Joey is different, he has no respect for the veterans of this sport. He had better get some because the veterans won't tolerate it. If he doesn't give them the respect they have earned, he won't last long in this series.

Skinner is STILL A RUDE PR1CK..... at the Darlington truck race in '11, there was a meet-n-greet before the race. Everyone showed except Skinner. With 5 minutes left in the session, one of the PR people from Randy Moss Motorsports came over to all of us gathered at Skinner's truck for some handshakes and high 5ives, and proceeded to tell us that he had gone to dinner with someone and wouldn't be attending.....PI$$ED ME OFF....I had brought my diecast of his '97 win in Suzuka Japan to be signed...needless to say, there were about 40-50 PIIIIISSED off folks right there :twisted:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:05 pm

Skinner was never one of my guys. Between his attitude and being Earnhardt's teammate and driving the Lowe's car when Stewart was in the Home Depot car and wrecking Elliott at the 2000 Pepsi 400 when Elliott absolutely had them covered after the tires wore a little and the good cars got to the front, he just was not somebody I cared for. Bobby Hamilton winning the first truck race at Atlanta (translation: favorite CTS guy winning the first one at my home track) it was made all the better that he outdueled Skinner, who's butt went sliding sideways through the grass after he banged into Bobby off the last turn.

Earnhardt, Rusty, those guys I can understand not being good teammates. They came up when the only real multi-car deal was Junior Johnson, and Junior made it clear that that deal was NOT for cooperation but for competition. Rick did his deal, then, Roush added a car, Yates added a car, and it just gradually grew into what we have today. But they came up in a time when if you had a teammate, he was your biggest competition, not someone you were supposed to work with. Maybe it was hard to break the mentality. Being that they'd each had such a big hand in building their respective teams to what they were (Rusty actually put the 2 outfit together himself as a deal with Penske, Don Miller, and Miller Brewing - those last two separate entities by the way - in 1990, they went racing the next year) I can see where they would have resented having to give their notes away and try to help another team contend with them and potentially beat them.

<<

#14smokefan

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:54 pm

I think a lot of these drivers will not always get along at some point in time. There is so much money on the line for them and their teams. I think Ryan may be an example of that with sponsorship right now. If you're not running well the sponsors will run the other way. It's so much different than most other sports. Personally I like when they get a little testy with each other. I think it makes for better racing and I'm sure Nascar feels the same way.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:15 am

Tony said it best, they're like the Waltons on steroids. They're family, family fights now and then.

Return to Tony