All things Tony
Post a reply

Different Looking Paint Scheme - Powder Blue

Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:13 pm

A very different look for the #14. SHR logo on the hood.

Engineer testing car on 7-post shake rig
Last edited by HiddenHollow on Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Different Looking Paint Scheme - Powder Blue

Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:05 pm

ooh I like that!! I bet it's for the Daytona July race.

Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:07 pm

If SHR is on the hood, it would be one of the remaining unsponsored races I'm guessing. I would hope he has a sponsor for the July Daytona race... He's won it enough times it would be a good bet for a sponsor...

Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:15 pm

Yep, I'd think that's a good bet for any unsponsored races. I was hopin' he'd do something "special" if he had to put an unsponsored car on track. I was actually hopin' a "Smoke" themed car like the fantasy diecast they do. But, I like this...dressed like a 55-56 Chevy...VERY cool... 8-)

Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:09 pm

they put the pic on their Instagram and FB pages, this is the caption:

Mystery Science Theater 3000? No, just engineer testing car on 7-post "shake rig".

so perhaps it's not for anything at all but testing? would certainly be cool to see it on the track. maybe the all-star race?

also doesn't it look like a gen-5 car and not the new gen-6?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Nah, it's got the new spoiler. Besides, why would they be working with a Gen-5 car?

Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Definitely like the paint scheme i guess since the chassis is the same it doesn't really make a difference what body they use on the 7 post.

Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:18 pm

It's definitely the Gen-5 car, back end is too long and the front is the 2011-12 nose.

Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:11 pm

Good catch on the Gen 5...I got "boned up" over the paint scheme and didn't notice. :lol: But, it would be easily adapted to the Gen 6, it's just paint...err, uhhmm...plastic wrap. ;)

And, yeah...the chassis are pretty much the same, in fact, if you look at Jayskis a lot of cars are still running last years chassis. So, bein' on the rig makes sense...now, if that was in the wind tunnel, that'd be a head scratcher. ;) :D

Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:23 pm

I've always liked that blue and the paint scheme would be cool to see on the track.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:49 am

nice very prettty
Post a reply