FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Think Tonys latest interview

<<

Annalee

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:24 pm

Re: Think Tonys latest interview

azk8ster wrote:Annalee, if our household didn't already have 4 cats, I'd DEMAND you send me that adorable puppy!

Schmoopy, I completely agree with you about the Dillon brothers. I cringe when ever I see Austin, and hope nothing but the best for Ty. Austin just oozes smugness (IMHO), while Ty seems very grounded and sincere.

Still don't understand how people think Joey didn't EARN his way to Cup. As he's not a favorite driver of mine, I just have a peripheral grasp of his racing career, but I'm reasonably sure he didn't just graduate from high school and and for, and get (because his Daddy is rich), the 20 car. Is he less worthy because he might've had better equipment in the lower ranks, is that why you think things were handed to him? Please enlighten me...

Isn't that the cutest puppy.... If he was mine, I would gladly send him your way. I found him on the Internet and it seemed appropriate for the post!

"Fight for Four".......................me
I # Support Smoke
<<

eve

Post Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:31 pm

I am a Dale Sr. Fan. The Earnhardt name has been more of a curse than a blessing to that young man. Especially after his father's death. Everyone from the talking heads to fans expected that young man to step into his father's shoes. When things went south at DEI with the dragon lady, everyone expected him to land at RCR. Instead he went to Hendricks, which was probably the best thing. He didn't have the memory of his father hanging over him. It has taken him some time to come into his own. Fortunately Mr. Hendricks has given him that time. Dale Jr. is his own man, not a stand-in for his father. Everyone needs to remember that.
<<

azk8ster

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:49 am

Hey Schmoop,

"Not so much earned. yes he was skillful enough to control the superior equipment, which made him look better than he is"

That's all you needed to say, LOL ;)

But I appreciate the thoughtful way you explained yourself, and I truly mean that!
"Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to"
<<

azk8ster

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:52 am

Isn't that the cutest puppy.... If he was mine, I would gladly send him your way. I found him on the Internet and it seemed appropriate for the post

Annalee, it is the cutest puppy. I've always been a sucker for black-and-tan dogs. Only thing is, he needs some boxing gloves!
<<

smokieonefour

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:39 pm

Smoke14TS wrote:
Intelligent fans, or at least ones with historical awareness, know that Dale Earnhardt wouldn't have given Earnhardt Jr. a shot if Junior didn't have the talent to make it on his own merits.\

OK... I must be dumb then and maybe my 20 something years experience doesn't count for much... but here's what I think -

From the day Junior was born, including his name... of JUNIOR ... he was being groomed to be daddy's little chip off the old block. Whether he did good or bad, daddy Dale was gonna make sure his son got a ride. Nepotism built NASCAR - always has.

Sorry to disagree Smoke14TS.
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

Sh*t happens... but don't worry, it usually happens to me.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Sat Mar 30, 2013 6:43 pm

Brad Keselowski is a class act. His parents taught him well and he had worked very hard for everything he had gotten. I hope being a teammate of Joey Logano won't affect anything he says or does
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Bob Marley
<<

muskrat

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:07 am

tlmerk wrote:Curious what we all have to say about Jr. and if he applies to some of what is being discussed.... I've heard he never would have made it to the top without his daddy being a legend but I've seen that boy race his heart out and he seems humble much of the time (not always, I know).

Just curious if you guys believe he has a rep in the garage for the silver spoon mentality? And if he did, has he proven himself? I almost think his dad's name gives him a free pass anyway in some respect. It's like having a piece of his father still in NASCAR.

I think JR had the opposite problem, because of who hi father was he had to REALY earn his stripes, I think the Earnhardt name has been a heavier burdent than people think, when you climb into a car and you know that people are wanting you to be your Daddy, I have watched Jr handle alot of things with grace.
I would rather be hated for who I am than Loved for what I ain't
<<

ndunn

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:18 pm

Dale doesn't have to live up to his father's history. He may not have the racing covered like his father did but between Dale and his sister this man has accumulated a financial situation that is awesome. He gives his sister credit for several things as in the beginning they were her suggestions. I don't believe he has the racing passion he once had but it's his life and he can do as he wants.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

rjsaunders

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:40 pm

Amen brother, I think if the situation is right Tony will dump Logano this weekend at Martinsville!!!@
<<

dirt93

Post Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:27 pm

I wish Brad would teach Joey to grow up a bit. Some grace and being humble goes a long way.

It seems Joeys Dad put him in a ride whether he could drive or not. I think Jr had to prove himself to his Dad..... AND he did with the Busch series wins. I can see Jr being much happier now too (with Latarte). H After all he is the points leader now :D
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

ndunn

Post Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:39 pm

I followed Dale and Matt when they both were back in Busch as they had quite a rivery going. It wasn't nasty just plain seeing who could out do who. I remember Dale getting the 2 championships and Matt wanted one in the worst way. But then along came the cup championship for Matt and Dale wanted his so badly. Perhaps he'll get it yet. The racers don't seem to have the fun they used to have. I believe the economy and sponsors has something to do with that.
The Military Thanks You For Standing Behind Them. If You Can't Do that You Can Always Stand In Front Of Them.....Think About It.....

Thank you to those who took a step forward to save the rest who stand still.
<<

eve

Post Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:47 am

I'm surprised that no one has commented on Tony's interview with the press after practice today. I've read the tweets and the article in USA today. I've also read the comments of so called fans that don't support Tony in what happened 2 weeks ago. Watching the replay of the "Joey block", Tony had every right to be upset. To compare it to what happened at 'Dega in October is just wrong. At 'Dega, Tony was going for the fastest line to push him to the finish, ON THE LAST TURN OF THE LAST LAP. He admitted that he misjudged the closing rate and got into Michael, he owed what he did wrong. At Fontana, there were 15 laps to go. Whatever Tony gained on Joey could have been made up IF Joey had the better car. IMO experience and cunning always trump youth and inexperience. Tony being the first and Joey the second. How can you call yourself a fan if you don't support your driver when he really needs you. A fan supports their driver win or lose, good or bad. You may not always agree with him, but you still support him. I'm not saying you rubber stamp everything he says or does, but if you are going to call yourself a fan, support him.
<<

azk8ster

Post Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:45 pm

eve wrote: You may not always agree with him, but you still support him. I'm not saying you rubber stamp everything he says or does, but if you are going to call yourself a fan, support him.

So what are you saying? I'm perceiving that you have to agree with him or you're not a fan. Please clarify.
<<

eve

Post Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:03 am

That's not what I meant at all. Disagree with what he says or does, but support his right to his own opinion. I hate "fair weather" fans who only support their driver if they are winning or if they say or do what they feel is right. Just because you disagree with Tony, doesn't mean you can't support him.
Previous

Return to Tony