FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

VIVA.......LAS VEGAS!

<<

Annalee

Post Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:10 pm

VIVA.......LAS VEGAS!

From what has been posted on the website ( a lot of GG members at the race) and what happened last year....I hope this means Good Luck for TONY, RYAN AND DANICA......go SHR! I need a win to help with my points........Please!! :)

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

onerockindoc

Post Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:26 am

Re: VIVA.......LAS VEGAS!

Viva Las Vegas indeed. We will get the win!!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:20 pm

Here's to a trophy and some fun times with the show girls.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

jenniferhershner

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 6:46 pm

TONY STEWART is a champion. There is no excuse for this team. This team has embarrassed Tony and his fans. We can't watch anymore. THIS IS A DISGRACE!
<<

kim92164

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:05 pm

I'm sorry, but I have to disagree with you on Ryan's part. You've got to remember that he's just had a death in his family and I'm sure that could have played into his misjudgement. Ryan is a very talented driver who knows what he's doing. Anyone who has lost a family member they love may not think clearly, this would even include Tony if the circumstances were reversed.
<<

#14smokefan

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:32 am

jenniferhershner wrote:TONY STEWART is a champion. There is no excuse for this team. This team has embarrassed Tony and his fans. We can't watch anymore. THIS IS A DISGRACE!

Unfortunately I have to disagree. There is a lot going on. One issue kim92164 points out. The other issue I think they may be having is getting the New Gen 6 car figured out. There are a lot of teams struggling with this. Tony has a great team around him and I believe they will rally. It is going to take some time to get things figured out.
<<

Smoke14TS

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:34 am

Considering where they were for most of the race, 11th is good I guess. Tremendous rebound. If he could have held off Harvick for 10th it would have been better (funny how 10th to 11th, the euphoria level - which already isn't that high once you're that far down - drops a ton for that one position).

As for the embarrassment stuff, I don't see how anyone can be embarrassed with the rebound the team had today. They dug hard and never gave up. Were they settling for 25th, then yes, I'd be embarrassed to be a fan of theirs. But they kept at it and came within one spot of a top-10 finish. Yes the performance hasn't been terrific these last two weeks but there are people who have performed much worse. It's early. They're figuring out the car. Their time will come. I think with this car, Tony's old hot and slick surge we conveniently haven't seen since 2007 will hopefully show up and he can knock off a few wins and carry it into the fall.

Trophies are what it's all about, we all want to see him win, but it's way too early in the game (three of 36 races) to start jumping off the bandwagon and essentially declaring the season a lost year.
"This one's for every one of those fans in the stands that pull for me every week and take all the bull**** from everybody else." - Tony Stewart, July 29, 2007

"My fans have more balls." - Tony Stewart on Jeff Gordon's fans.
<<

Rochelle

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:41 pm

Geez, chill out... This is only the 3rd race and the 1st mile and 1/2. It's a whole new car and will take some time.

I'm the only one who speaks for me and I am in no way humiliated by their performance. Now if this is how they're running by summer, I may start being embarrassed... 8-)
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:22 am

good to see tony fans are losing it just as much as the ryan fans are, and its just the 3rd race.
I will miss you Frehley........

Return to Tony