All things Tony
Post a reply

2013 Appearances?

Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:59 pm

Ok I am new to posting here but I'm trying to get involved rather than just lurk. Another question for you guys.....Any idea where we can find a schedule of appearances for Smoke this year? It used to be on the Office Depot Racing site but with that no longer existing I have been unable to find anything. Thanks again!

Re: 2013 Appearances?

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:24 pm

Welcome...good to have you here. There are certainly several ways to find out where you can meet Tony or see his show car. There is information on driver appearances on the Jayski page. You can also go to the Bass Pro in the city where the race will be each weekend.

I hope you get to meet him at some point.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:29 pm

I wish we had a Bass Pro shop around here, but it would be like Office Depot, they wouldn't have Tony or his show car there.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:50 pm

the only time i get to see tony is around the new year when he comes to the colisuem here in fort Wayne, in to race sprints. i've seen him the last couple of yrs his been here, it was awsome to see him :) .

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:43 pm

http://www.tonystewart.com/page/appearances

Las Vegas, NV
Where: Bass Pro Shops / 8200 S Dean Martin Dr, Las Vegas, NV 89139
Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2013
Time: 1:00pm - 3:00pm PST
Additional Info: Tony Stewart and Ty Dillon will be appearing with the #14 Bass Pro Shops show car.

Bass Pro Shops Store Appearance
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Where: Bass Pro Shops / 7777 Victoria Gardens Lane , Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739
Date: Thursday, March 21, 2013
Time: TBD

Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:13 am

Oh man HTower I completely forgot to check tony stewart.com. For some reason i just dont visit that site very often. I'm sure they will have more on there as the year progresses. I do have a Bass Pro about an hour from me so we will see. I'm about 45 minutes from Chicagoland so if anything he would be there in September. Thanks everyone.

Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:27 pm

This girl will be in Vegas AND visiting with her favorite driver in March. As a matter of fact I'm meeting 2 members from here in Vegas for the weekend!!

Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:19 am

Thanks for the info HTower... I will be at the Rancho Bass Pro shop. I can't wait!!!

Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:35 pm

Outlaws opener lures Cup champ to fairgrounds

By Scott Linesburgh
Record Staff Writer
February 27, 2013 12:00 AM

STOCKTON - Three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup champion Tony Stewart is coming to Stockton to compete on the city's newest track.

Stewart will be competing in the World of Outlaws' STP Sprint Cars race on March 22 at the San Joaquin County Fairgrounds. It is the inaugural race at the newly developed dirt track located at the fair's horse racing facility, and Stewart brings quite a bit of star power to a national event.

"This is a high-quality race, and Tony Stewart is a great race-car driver," promoter Tony Noceti said. "To bring a Sprint Cup champion to Stockton is huge. One of the reasons we want to do things like this is to show that there are good things happening in Stockton."

Stewart will be fitting the race into a busy schedule. He will take part in qualifying for the Auto Club 400 at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana in the afternoon, travel to Stockton for the race that night, then return to Southern California for the Sprint Cup race on March 24. He will drive the No. 14 car, the same number he uses on the Sprint Cup circuit.

"Undoubtedly, it'll be a busy Friday in California," the 41-year-old driver said. "We'll be qualifying our Cup car before heading up to Stockton to mix it up with the Outlaws. This will be my first time racing my winged sprint car in the state of California.

"I'm looking forward to hopefully seeing a packed house of passionate Northern California dirt fans at Stockton."

Stewart has 47 Sprint Cup victories and won the series title in 2002, 2005 and 2011. He is the co-owner of Stewart-Haas Racing, which fields cars driven by Danica Patrick and Ryan Newman. In addition to his stock car success, Stewart has remained involved in dirt racing, where he started his career and owns open-wheel teams.

Last season, he competed in 14 Outlaw races, winning twice.

Stewart brings more than just his racing abilities to the race, according to Nick Davis of Stockton, who plans to compete in the same race.

"Obviously, it ups the level of the competition. But it's also great for the community," said Davis, 31. "Tony has given a tremendous amount back to dirt racing, and he gives our sport more attention. And to have a driver like him in Stockton will be tremendous for the fans."

Racing is scheduled to begin at 7 p.m. Ticket information is available at worldofoutlaws.com

Contact reporter Scott Linesburgh at (209) 546-8281 or slinesburgh@recordnet.com.

_ _ _ _ _

I'm gonna try and attend. Anyone else want to go & possibly meet up? :-)

Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:26 am

Jamie McMurray and Tony Stewart are scheduled to appear at the NASCAR Hauler Parade Festival at Bass Pro Shops, 7777 Victoria Gardens Ln, Rancho Cucamonga during the NASCAR hauler parade on Thursday, March 21. The parade will make its way to Auto Club Speedway from Citizens Business Bank Arena (4000 E. Ontario Center Parkway, Ontario) through Ontario, Rancho Cucamonga and Fontana, beginning at 6 PM.

This is from jayski.

wonder who is gonna be there at 4am to line up..... lol
Post a reply