All things Tony
Post a reply

Well it is on to Phoenix .............

Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:58 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: I so wanted Tony to win! He had a great car and could pass by himself.......Steve and crew did a great job.. It is just a race, but it means so much to him! The sad part is he won yesterday and didn't even get to celebrate..........and that was quite an achievement to tie with Earnhardt Sr. Danica and Ryan did a great job, especially after seeing his hood......

One thing that made me smile was Bob, Tony's spotter. He likes to give everyone a nick name. He calls Danica "little sister" and Ryan " big brother".... Kevin is " Cupcake" and Tony is "Babycakes". I love listening to him, he is just the best. :)

Re: Well it is on to Phoenix .............

Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:24 pm

Disappointing, but that is the nature of the Daytona 500.

It could be worse, I guess... he could be Mark Martin at 54 years old & still loking for his first 500 win.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:31 pm

Annalee wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: I so wanted Tony to win! He had a great car and could pass by himself.......

Today he couldn't. He was dropping out of line, and then having to go right back up because no one followed him, and he couldn't make a pass on his own.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:09 pm

HT ......Tony's words, not mine, in post race interview. I don't think he ever really got to show us what he had....he was wrecked out way to early to show his stuff. I am still so sad......... :cry:
Last edited by Annalee on Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:11 pm

Really sad day for Tony because I think he had the best car at Daytona that he has ever had there. It's just really frustrating that Kyle just had to be in his own little world and woke up too late to realize what was going on around him and he ran into Kasey and wreck on.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:31 pm

TishR wrote:Really sad day for Tony because I think he had the best car at Daytona that he has ever had there. It's just really frustrating that Kyle just had to be in his own little world and woke up too late to realize what was going on around him and he ran into Kasey and wreck on.

Don't remind me,i had Kevin in the pool and Tony and Kevin were the favs to win!! :evil:

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:21 pm

I think I am more bummed by the early hit in the points. I just never expect much out of these restrictor plate races.

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:45 pm

Sorry but I thought of it as a bit of karma. He wrecked a lot of good cars the last couple of plate races and no one is immune to bad luck. Ryan and Danica were the lucky ones this time and Ryan was overdue for a good run...

Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:33 pm

Rochelle wrote:Sorry but I thought of it as a bit of karma. He wrecked a lot of good cars the last couple of plate races and no one is immune to bad luck. Ryan and Danica were the lucky ones this time and Ryan was overdue for a good run...

I don't buy into 'karma"...for me, if there was such a thing, Mark Martin would have at least 1 500 & Championship by now because who did he ever "wrong"? It's just how racing goes...moving on to Phoenix. ;)

Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:33 am

Took my annual "we lost" nap. Usually I wake up feeling better but I'm still infinitely disappointed. I think it's because of how good the car was.

Obviously Tony falling out is the worst part but Harvick getting collected was terrible too because he was my backup plan if Tony fell out early as he went for the sweep. Don't get me wrong in this race I am always 14 first and nobody else ever but that would have been who I pulled for down the stretch.

Just a massive disappointment.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:58 am

too bad but there are a lot more races for TONY TO WIN

Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:41 am

Unfortunately, you only get a chance to win the Daytona 500 once a year. For Tony, this was #15. I know, it took Dale Sr. longer, but still... how many more opportunities will Tony get.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:55 am

I was so upset I had to go for a drive and watch the ducks on the river until I calmed down enough to go back home and watch the end of the race. What a way to start the season. Sheesh! :(

Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:45 pm

It's really too bad that this race is where they have put all their eggs in one basket. The rest of the races are as important as this one. Because Tony hasn't won this race they are hinting his resume won't be complete. I'd say even at 40+ he has done quite well. Does the public really feel all the drivers from day 1 who don't have this that or the other thing inferior? IMO in a perfect world I'd like to see a level playing field. It will never happen.

Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:08 pm

Well I woke up this morning and I usually just forget about what happened at the race and I haven't, and I am still sad........ :( I know......I'll get over it.....Massive disappointment.......
Next year with Harvick at SHR that should be a dynamite duo! Can't wait..... ;)

It could be worse I could be a Carl Edwards fan! :lol: :lol: I think he went through 5 cars, you have to wonder what has happened? Not sure the pairing of the new crew chief.

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
Post a reply