All things Tony
Post a reply

Dirt Track News

Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:42 pm

"DUQUOIN, Dec. 16, 2012: Tony Stewart returned to his short-track roots Saturday, winning the feature in the third annual Battle at the Center on the one-sixth mile indoor Mini Magic Mile at the Southern Illinois Center."

Also in the article: “It was a lot of fun,” Stewart said. “I was happy with it. We heard this was a good event last year and decided to run it to get ready for the Chili Bowl (run in Tulsa, Okla., Jan. 8-12). We didn’t run very good in the Chili Bowl last year."

Will I see any of you in Tulsa next month. You can be sure I'll be there watching Tony and my other driver friends.

BTW: Happy Holidays to Everyone!

Re: Dirt Track News

Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:33 pm

Thanks for the post and Happy Holidays to you also. I wish Tony the best with his racing in Fort Wayne and Tulsa. He trys not to miss either race.

Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Does anyone know if this will be televised? I understand it was a good race......once again Tony "Smokes" the field. 8-) NASCAR Nana, how many days till the Chili Bowl? I am sure you know... ;)

Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:17 pm

This was only the third year for the "Battle at the Center," and I don't recall seeing it before. If I find a broadcast, I'll try to remember to post the time.

It is 21 days till Practice Monday for the Chili Bowl. For me that means 20 days till I go to Tulsa. I go a day early so I can get my trailer set up for the week. Monday isn't a race day, but you can go and watch them make hot laps.

So, 22 days till the Chili Bowl starts, Jan. 7th - Jan. 12th. The trade show and sale of hats and t-shirts will also start on Tuesday. Races will be held Tues. - Fri. evenings. Sat. races will start around 11 am, and there will be close to 45 races that day.

I can't wait to see all the friends I have made over the years from all over the country!

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:08 am

Here's an article with picture http://www.powri.com/newsdetail.asp?NewsID=14276
Post a reply