FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Aussie V8's....

<<

smoke14rulez

Post Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:12 pm

Aussie V8's....

Now THIS I'd like to see...

•Stewart would like to drive Aussie V8 Supercar: #14-Tony Stewart expressed his desire to race a V8 Supercar at the unveiling of the 2013 Chevrolet SS which is based heavily on the next generation Holden VF Commodore. At the bells and whistles launch in Las Vegas Stewart told Speedcafe that he has been approached several times by Paul Morris to have a crack at a V8 Supercar in the shared driver races. "Paul Morris keeps inviting me out to have a go in one. I don't know if Austin would work but I would love to have a chance to drive one. I'd love the opportunity to get behind the wheel of one," Stewart said. V8 Supercars will race Stateside for the first time at the Texas 400 meeting at Austin's critically acclaimed Circuit Of The Americas track from May 17-19 next year. The category has yet to show its hand on what the format of the races will be and whether it will explore the possibility of shared driver races. The Austin meeting clashes with the NASCAR Sprint Showdown at Charlotte Motor Speedway.(Speed Cafe)(12-9-2012)
Image Image
...is that a breadstick or are you just happy to see me?
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:25 pm

Re: Aussie V8's....

I know, I know! Tony is going to race for Marcos, and will be paid in that Aussie beer he likes so much! LOL
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

HTower

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:14 pm

smoke14rulez wrote: The Austin meeting clashes with the NASCAR Sprint Showdown at Charlotte Motor Speedway.(Speed Cafe)(12-9-2012)

Here's the problem.

Tony basically has 2 months off during the year. Very late November through late January. Then it's back into a Sprint Car preparing for the 500. With him being a team owner, he probably has business meetings, sponsor calls and 50 other things to do between the end of the Las Vegas year end celebration and Daytona. He may be tapped out at this point. No room left.
<<

Annalee

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:20 pm

Well........ they might be able to work it out. :roll: What happened to Schlitz? I thought that was the only beer Tony drank. I know he loves it.

I find it very interesting that all Tony has to do is say......."I would like to drive" .......And people are right there to sign him up and make it happen...... He just is that GOOD! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:44 pm

Yes, as far as I know, Tony is a Schlitz man. They had Schlitz just for him for the "After The Lap" show. When he can't get Schlitz, he drinks Pabst Blue Ribbon. The story about how and why he drinks that beer is typically Tony funny.

Apparently, when Tony was in Australia, he developed a taste for an Aussie beer. But he can't easily get it in the States. Marcos Ambrose has a "source" for getting this beer here. He will gladly serve one when Tony comes to call in the bus lot. But Marcos says he doesn't give him a quantity because he wants Tony to come back for more. LOL
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

Annalee

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:52 pm

With Outback Steakhouse as a sponsor, I do know they have Foster's on tap! I am sure if there was another Australian Beer that Tony liked they would stock it......they love Tony! They might even carry Schlitz.... :lol:

"Fight for Four".......................me

I #Support Smoke
<<

Rochelle

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:15 am

I hate to rain on the parade, but Outback Steakhouse is an American company, founded in Florida... Has nothing to do with Australia except for the name association...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:17 am

Rochelle wrote:I hate to rain on the parade, but Outback Steakhouse is an American company, founded in Florida... Has nothing to do with Australia except for the name association...

You dirty rat....you little parade rainer outer, as Gomer says, "Shame, shame, shame" ;) :lol:
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

michaeljohn

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:48 am

i heard burger king is going start to selling schlitz cuz of tony.
<<

Rochelle

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:38 am

lol... Not a Burger King fan, but when they had the toy cars of Tony's I went and got the kids meals. You don't hear him mention Burger King too much anymore. I don't remember them sponsoring a car for him this year, but I could be wrong. It happens every now and then, just not on a regular basis... :mrgreen:
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

midwesternsmoke

Post Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:17 am

Rochelle wrote:lol... Not a Burger King fan, but when they had the toy cars of Tony's I went and got the kids meals. You don't hear him mention Burger King too much anymore. I don't remember them sponsoring a car for him this year, but I could be wrong. It happens every now and then, just not on a regular basis... :mrgreen:

NOPE....They didn't sponsor TS this year, they had their own racing team. BK Racing, Landon Cassill dove one of their cars.
Unless you've experienced the Unconditional Love and Loyalty of a good dog, you have yet to live.
"GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS,ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS"[/[color=#FF4000]
color]
<<

Rochelle

Post Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:12 am

Yes MW, but I thought that wasn't corporate sponsorship. I thought that was one of the larger franchise owners team. I think they get more PR with Tony than with those two. The only mentions they get are as go or go homers for qualifying and when they wreck... Or when Danica wrecks Landon... Well at least I won't have to eat there anymore, their food never sits well with me :D

Return to Tony