FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

A Fifth place finish........and no one posts anything?

<<

Annalee

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:23 pm

A Fifth place finish........and no one posts anything?

Just finished watching the Texas race on DVR ........WTG Tony and team 14. He was 19th most of the race and then they came alive, finished 5th moved up 2 places in the standings.....I was in Houston for most of the week so I didn't get to hear scanner traffic. Great improvement!
Image"Fight for Four".......................me

"Take this as your warning: I gave you guys 14 weeks without me. I'll be back and ready at Daytona to kick your #### again," Smoke
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:09 pm

Re: A Fifth place finish........and no one posts anything?

Annalee, I don't want you to feel like no one is listening to you. I posted a question in the 1-point club thread. I lost the in-car radio half way thru the race. I wanted someone to tell me what happened for the 14 to move up to the top10. No one seemed to have an answer. Since you missed the radio, I'll tell you what I heard and what I have found out since the race.

During the race, they were taking every chance they could to make changes, but the car didn't respond. Then I read that around lap 270, Tony asked for big changes. I didn't quit understand this, but apparently Steve made changes that they had tried at the end of practice and the car started to run better. And with pit strategy, Tony was able to keep the position he got, and start to move forward.

What I can't figure out is why Steve didn't try the practice set-up earlier in the race. If you and I aren't both ignored, maybe someone will help us find out what happened. And yes, I think 5th is pretty good, especially after what I heard early in the race.
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

HTower

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:47 pm

From the TV coverage, and post race news articles, it's like he wasn't even in the race. How do you listen to in race radio?
<<

NascarNanaOK

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:15 pm

HTower wrote:How do you listen to in race radio?

Nascar.com has a feature called "Scanner." I paid $30 for access to all the in-car radios for the season. There may be other options, but Nascar.com is going to get my $30 again next season. I have really enjoyed listening to the radio this year.

As for losing the broadcast Sunday, that has happened before, but not for so long. Sunday, I switched to another channel a couple of times, just to make sure my computer was properly connected, which it was. I probably should have switched to another driver, but I really expected to get Tony back.

Listening to your driver's radio gives you information you don't get any other place (unless you are on the pit box LOL).

(Now Nascar, my user name is NascarNanaOK, and you can credit my account for the advertising I just gave you.)
14 to win in '14

He has Risen!

Nascar Nana OK
<<

Heather14

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:03 pm

I thought it was me that lost the scanner. I reset my computer twice to get it back but nothing. I've had nothing but problems with it during the race. I have to log back in all the time. But when it does work I love it.
<<

onerockindoc

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:28 pm

Annalee, honey I listened but it was a struggle as those 2 couldn't make any changes to significantly improve the car. I ended up listening to the 2 and 48 but when I saw Tony moving up I started listening but not too much was said but thankfully by that time it came to life and that top 5 was in the bag!

I'll tell you all something..while Chad and JJ are interesting to listen to at times, Brad and Paul are such a great combination that listening to them takes it up another notch. And all the spotters are great as well.

I hope you had a wonderful time in Houston as I did in Fort Worth. The weather was gorgeous and I got some great pictures with some notables. Got a lug nut from the winning car and talked my way in to victory lane!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement
<<

dirt93

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:23 am

I was happy to see him place 5th but wondered why he got so good. They didn't say much about Tony during the race. I get to hear Tonys scanner when DirectTV has him on their HotPass channels. I have listened to Dale Jr and Brad. Both are entertaining.....
Here kitty kitty.. come get you some of this!!
<<

racer1

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:29 am

http://pressdog.typepad.com/dogblog/201 ... wn-14.html

Cup ratings down again and dont tell me its par as it isnt, ratings ARE infact dropping more then normal. Nascar Cup Is losing ratings maybe because of a boring race and lousy coverage by ESPN not showing hardly any drivers other then the leaders fighting it out or a car wrecking, it was terrible coverage and not a great race either. We couldnt tell who was doing what, where Tony was running or anyone else for that matter as lots of big names were running top 20 untill near the end but you wouldnt know it by the lousy coverage, other then the ticker tape across the top letting us know where they were and when they were advancing or not. I turned it off for hrs out of boredom, but friends told me I didnt miss anything, as i did see the battle at the end, but a long race needs to have more excitment then that for sure. Nascar acts like everything is fine but I think they know better but will anything change or have they made too many changes already as some believe they have ruined the racing--Oh well? :roll:

NNs ratings were up a little but better then Cup is doing losing ratings.
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:02 am

^^^^^^ i bet ya it took everything you had not to mention danica's name?? however i guess watching danica barely staying on the lead lap in both the NWS and Cup race is more impressive than tony getting a top 5, huh?
<<

HTower

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:17 am

racer1 wrote:http://pressdog.typepad.com/dogblog/2012/11/tv-ratings-for-nascar-sprint-cup-race-at-texas-down-14.html

Cup ratings down again and dont tell me its par as it isnt, ratings ARE infact dropping more then normal. Nascar Cup Is losing ratings maybe because of a boring race and lousy coverage by ESPN not showing hardly any drivers other then the leaders fighting it out or a car wrecking, it was terrible coverage and not a great race either. We couldnt tell who was doing what, where Tony was running or anyone else for that matter as lots of big names were running top 20 untill near the end but you wouldnt know it by the lousy coverage, other then the ticker tape across the top letting us know where they were and when they were advancing or not. I turned it off for hrs out of boredom, but friends told me I didnt miss anything, as i did see the battle at the end, but a long race needs to have more excitment then that for sure. Nascar acts like everything is fine but I think they know better but will anything change or have they made too many changes already as some believe they have ruined the racing--Oh well? :roll:

NNs ratings were up a little but better then Cup is doing losing ratings.

Just because Danica never factored in the top 20 spots and therefore wasn't mentioned doesn't mean it was a bad broadcast.

Edit: You should get used to more of the same next year unless she is busy wrecking herself.
<<

racer1

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Wow--more immature attempts to rag on Danica--how immature and pointless. She is the one laughing at you and other haters while she is living her dreams and has more money then you fools can imagine--boo hoo--the only one you're making look bad is youselves--grow up.

Danica WAS running in the top 20 for most the 2nd half of the race as the ticker tape showed that. The lousy telecast didnt show anyone back there with her including Tony and Ryan or others and thats the point. Far as Tony not getting mentioned much for his 5th, he got interviewed after the race from several sources shown later on ESPn shows so wake up your slow brain and pay attention.

Danica gets plenty of attention, more then most, but now the deal is set to leave her alone and not focus on her while she gets better as infact Tony has suggested, but next yr they will give her plenty of attention--BET ON IT--as she WILL be the only FT female in Cup racing. 8-)

Per a Danica fan site, Godaddy is supposed to have a press conference tommorrow 3:30 from Godaddy site, 11:30 pm et Nascar now show (edited info) with the founder Parsons, Danica and Tony--probably just more contract info and YES--more attention. Course thats nothing new for her for over 10 yrs now, and in the foreseeable future--so--get used to it "crybabys" .
:lol:
Last edited by racer1 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:02 pm

onerockindoc wrote:Annalee, honey I listened but it was a struggle as those 2 couldn't make any changes to significantly improve the car. I ended up listening to the 2 and 48 but when I saw Tony moving up I started listening but not too much was said but thankfully by that time it came to life and that top 5 was in the bag!

I'll tell you all something..while Chad and JJ are interesting to listen to at times, Brad and Paul are such a great combination that listening to them takes it up another notch. And all the spotters are great as well.

I hope you had a wonderful time in Houston as I did in Fort Worth. The weather was gorgeous and I got some great pictures with some notables. Got a lug nut from the winning car and talked my way in to victory lane!

I had Brad on Race Buddy and I love listening to them. Where I've heard some drivers don't want to know what other drivers are doing, or what is going on, that is not the case with Brad. The amount of information coming to him is staggering. It's no wonder they're doing so well. How he processes all of that while driving is beyond me. It's truly amazing. This young man is only going to get better.
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:25 pm

^^^JJ does a better job he wil dissect all 3 parts of a turn, but what would u expect from a 5 time champion wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
<<

Rochelle

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:21 pm

^^^^^^ I would expect a 6th championship...
hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:08 pm

ha, u know me, im just glad he won a race this year, everything else has been a bonus :D
Next

Return to Tony