FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Chase chances over for Stewart

<<

HRR

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:32 pm

Chase chances over for Stewart

With the block seen around the world.. Smoke officially took himself out of contention for the cup. He did what he thought he had to do.. but it, in the long run.. took himself out. This chase, will really now come down to the top 3 in points. :(
<<

Annalee

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:14 pm

Re: Chase chances over for Stewart

First of all thank God Tony and everyone else is all OK.....after the last pit stop and Tony "Q'd" the radio and said, "Tighten your belts I'm going for it"! I knew one way or the other he would give it all he had! Am I disappointed in the out come, of course ..... but never ever in my driver and his team...it was the last corner of the last lap of Talladega.........Stuff just happens!! It always has and it always will! They had a great car, good pit calls and stops!!

You had to love Tony's interview out of the infield care center....They asked him if he was okay and he said he was a "world class finely tuned professional athlete" and then took full responsibility for what happened.... That's our Tony! 8-)
On to Charlotte!
Last edited by Annalee on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image"Fight for Four".......................me
<<

wolfgang

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:19 pm

Yah reap what yah sow!
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:29 pm

wolfgang wrote:Yah reap what yah sow!

wolf, you do entertain me..
<<

michaeljohn

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:54 pm

oh i knew it was bas news when they got bobby v to be mngr, i didnt think he would stink it up that bad tho, bein a 100 years old, i seen many of things, i got the first burger from micky d's, when you wanted to change the channel you had to get up and turn a knob, i had my own lime green polyester suit, list is endless :lol: :lol: :lol:
<<

HiddenHollow

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:36 am

Annalee wrote:First of all thank God Tony and everyone else is all OK.....after the last pit stop and Tony "Q'd" the radio and said, "Tighten your belts I'm going for it"! I knew one way or the other he would give it all he had! Am I disappointed in the out come, of course ..... but never ever in my driver and his team...it was the last corner of the last lap of Talladega.........Stuff just happens!! It always has and it always will! They had a great car, good pit calls and stops!!

You had to love Tony's interview out of the infield care center....They asked him if he was okay and he said he was a "world class finely tuned professional athlete" and then took full responsibility for what happened.... That's our Tony! 8-)
On to Charlotte!

I loved that quote, too... “I’m a finely tuned athlete,” he said. “I’ve got a really strenuous workout regimen, so I’m good.” But then took full responsibility for causing the wreck.
"I'll wreck my mom to win a championship. I'll wreck your mom to win a championship." - Tony Stewart, November 17, 2011

"Fight For Four" - Annalee, March 27, 2012

#StandWithSmoke #14in14
<<

tlmerk

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:19 pm

Actually, that's what I was thinking as well. Dumb, foolish thing to do but I get why a racer does it. I imagine if Tony knew what the outcome of his decision to block would be, he wouldn't have tried it. I think it was wise of him to step up and take responsibility for that crazy wreck but he would have been blamed anyway if he hadn't first blamed himself. Smart man, that Tony. I do remember him saying he would block if he had to and boy, did he.
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

NASCARNan

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:04 pm

HiddenHollow wrote:
Annalee wrote:First of all thank God Tony and everyone else is all OK.....after the last pit stop and Tony "Q'd" the radio and said, "Tighten your belts I'm going for it"! I knew one way or the other he would give it all he had! Am I disappointed in the out come, of course ..... but never ever in my driver and his team...it was the last corner of the last lap of Talladega.........Stuff just happens!! It always has and it always will! They had a great car, good pit calls and stops!!

On to Charlotte!

I loved that quote, too... “I’m a finely tuned athlete,” he said. “I’ve got a really strenuous workout regimen, so I’m good.” But then took full responsibility for causing the wreck.

Annalee, very well put, agree with everything you wrote. HiddenHollow, I agree too, loved the quote. Sorry I won't be seeing him as Champ in Vegas. We would love to go see Brad or Denny, but in no way shape or form, do I want to even be there if JJ wins.
NASCAR Nan
<<

wolfgang

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:17 pm

tlmerk wrote:

Actually, that's what I was thinking as well. Dumb, foolish thing to do but I get why a racer does it. I imagine if Tony knew what the outcome of his decision to block would be, he wouldn't have tried it. I think it was wise of him to step up and take responsibility for that crazy wreck but he would have been blamed anyway if he hadn't first blamed himself. Smart man, that Tony. I do remember him saying he would block if he had to and boy, did he.

I'm thinking of Tony as something differant after that move and his statements after the race,one word and two syllables that's no where what you're thinking. :lol:
<<

michaeljohn

Post Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:41 pm

i like how people are pleased tony took blame for his bone head selfish move, and i guess that makes it ok, but in the past when another driver did the same thing that driver was raked over the coals,
<<

lmalley

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:57 am

I guess I'm the only one who thinks perhaps Casey and Mickey were racing the chasers too hard. They had to know that they'd be putting Tony in an impossible situation and what he would choose to do. Why so desperate for a win when you're not running for a championship, points or anything? I'm not saying they should not try to win, but if there's not enough room to safely pass without creating a potentially dangerous situation, which they had to know they were doing, why push so hard? I'm sorry, but Mickey's racing ability and his record prove he's not the brightest bulb out there. Just sayin'.
<<

Rochelle

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:42 am

What part of Tony saying he was blocking doesn't everyone understand? Tony came down on them to protect the bottom lane, which he was not in at the time. Please, put the blame on the man who said it was his fault. Everyone in that race has the right to go for the win, not just the chasers. Tony didn't care that he might be endangering other chasers chances, he was going for it. The only one that turned their steering wheel was Tony. I'm not a Waltrip fan, but it would have been nice to see Casey Mears go for the win.

Please stop the insanity. It's over, done, time to worry about Charlotte now...
"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe" - Friedrich Nietzsche
<<

michaeljohn

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:47 am

i was really surprised how casey mears was hanging near the front all day...
<<

tlmerk

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:53 am

wolfgang wrote:
tlmerk wrote:

I'm thinking of Tony as something differant after that move and his statements after the race,one word and two syllables that's no where what you're thinking. :lol:

WG, Guess, I'm still not "getting it" but that's okay. When I hit 50, I quit expecting to understand everything! LOL I thought you were referring to his decision to block. I'm on the fence. How can blocking not be okay if you're going for the win? Where do you draw the line? If you're in front and you're 1/2 lap from the win, do you let others pass you by? Never really understood that idea but after the wreck yesterday, I am assuming that's why. But racing is about the driver's ability too, not just how fast the cars are, esp with restrictor plate racing so to block or not block?
Where there's Smoke, there's fire!
<<

lmalley

Post Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:35 pm

Well, as usual I'm the odd person out actually being on Tony's side on this one. Still think Casey made a bad move considering it was last lap at Dega. Ha had to know what he was setting Tony up for. Oh, and I'm entitled to my opinion and don't appreciate the unnecessary negativity. You disagree? Fine. We disagree.
Next

Return to Tony